5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got quoted $3900 for a leveling kit at my local dealer for my 1500

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am kinda the same way..... But thanks for confirming that for me! Time to do a little more research and then probably **** of my wife when she sees the credit cards bill....
It happens :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Just take her out for dinner right before the bill shows up.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased new sway bar endlinks from SuspensionMaxx for $100 (sold new by a user on this site that didn't need them), paid $264 for the Bilstein 5100s from Stage3Motorsports, and will be paying the ~$120 for the Mopar UCAs for my truck. All in, $484 for my Rebel level. I will need an alignment, but it's not costing $3900!!!!

I've read on here that many people aren't replacing the sway bar end links or the UCAs, so depending on your build, it could be much less.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Alright I got my plan on what I will be getting!

That above will be put on first and I will eventually add these:

Lastley I will add new wheels and tires. Though that is a hole new can of worms for me.... I think I have decided on the Toyo Open Country A/T III. Wheel size and the size is unknown and confusing. I do not want rubbing or having to modify anything else, also do not really want them sticking to far out on the truck either.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start with checking out this gallery for the different setup tire size and offset.

I'll be going 10" wide with a -18 offset which will have wheels sit slightly outside of the wheel wells.

It will depend if you go 9 or 10" wide what offset you will want. The smaller the negative offset or higher the positive offset will push the wheel into the wheel well.

Custom Offset

If you don't want rear spacers, look at Clayton Gladiator rear coils 2.5 or 3.5 and research how much lift you will actually get. Many run them on here. I'm also not sure about the towing with them, so research.

rideexileex

Reaction score
I'll recommend the Eibach shocks over Bilsteins - they ride much smoother for normal DD style driving.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Start with checking out this gallery for the different setup tire size and offset.

I'll be going 10" wide with a -18 offset which will have wheels sit slightly outside of the wheel wells.

It will depend if you go 9 or 10" wide what offset you will want. The smaller the negative offset or higher the positive offset will push the wheel into the wheel well.

Custom Offset

If you don't want rear spacers, look at Clayton Gladiator rear coils 2.5 or 3.5 and research how much lift you will actually get. Many run them on here. I'm also not sure about the towing with them, so research.

Got it thanks! I started looking on custom offset and was able to see pics of other peoples 1500. This is probably going to be harder than figuring out the suspension stuff. In the end I will probably end up making a new post (like a lot of people) in the wheels/tires section to get it all figured out once I get the suspension stuff ordered. Thanks again!

Another option is just to see how what size I can fit on my stock rims to save me some money... lol

Last edited:

Psifer

Reaction score
I had the ReadyLift leveling kit with UCAs when I had my 2020 Rebel. It was $370 for parts, $500 for installation, and another $500 to convert back to stock when it came time for trade-in.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Alright I got my plan on what I will be getting!

That above will be put on first and I will eventually add these:

Lastley I will add new wheels and tires. Though that is a hole new can of worms for me.... I think I have decided on the Toyo Open Country A/T III. Wheel size and the size is unknown and confusing. I do not want rubbing or having to modify anything else, also do not really want them sticking to far out on the truck either.
I may be missing something, but why are you getting the rear spacers? The bilsteins you are ordering (excellent choice) can adjust up to 1" on the rear shocks. That would be good for the 1" in the rear.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may be missing something, but why are you getting the rear spacers? The bilsteins you are ordering (excellent choice) can adjust up to 1" on the rear shocks. That would be good for the 1" in the rear.
You don’t gain any height from rear shocks. You’d get the height from spacers or taller coils.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
You don’t gain any height from rear shocks. You’d get the height from spacers or taller coils.

Correct! Later on it would be best for me to replace with taller coils. As of now that is cheaper and will work.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
bilstein 5100 is the bare minimum i'd go. do it right, do it once.
no spacers or pucks. pucks belong in hockey rinks. spacers belong on shop shelves.

mrclortho

Reaction score
Yes and no I suppose. I am running spacers on this truck and ran them on my '13 RAM for many, many miles over the years. If one doesn't care necessarily about increasing suspension performance and just wants some height for tires, spacers aren't a bad choice for the cost savings. My '23 Ram is a tow pig for two trailers and pounded over mountain passes in Colorado with the RL 3.5" spacer kit and had zero issues. It allows me to run 35's and looks great to boot.

My Gladiator, on the other hand, is sporting a 5" Clayton Overland full system with 37's. In this case, I would not put spacers anywhere near it. So, again, depends on the use and the budget.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want a proper running suspension, spacers are garbage. Sorry, not sorry. Limits up travel and doesn't limit down travel. I'll pass. People spend $30K+ and skimp on suspension, but waste money on other things.

Bilstein.jpeg

jwtiger69

Reaction score
If you want a proper running suspension, spacers are garbage. Sorry, not sorry. Limits up travel and doesn't limit down travel. I'll pass. People spend $30K+ and skimp on suspension, but waste money on other things.

View attachment 174878
I am leaning to saying no to the spacer and finding the extra money to buy a longer spring in the back. The more I read the more it makes sense... I think I need to get a 2 inch spring to go with my 5160's in the rear. I am about to order and want to figure that out beforehand. I am also going with the 6112's up front set to clip 8 which would give a total of 2.6 in the front.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you tow? If not I seen a guy running this setup on this page

Bilstein #8 setting plus Motofab .5 spacer on top which isn't going to hurt anything, plus Clayton Gladiator 2.5 Triple Rate coils along with the 5160's

Rebel.jpg

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Do you tow? If not I seen a guy running this setup on this page

Bilstein #8 setting plus Motofab .5 spacer on top which isn't going to hurt anything, plus Clayton Gladiator 2.5 Triple Rate coils along with the 5160's

View attachment 175358

Not really.... I occasional use a dump trailer, but most of the time it is camping stuff, bikes and fishing gear going on the back.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not really.... I occasional use a dump trailer, but most of the time it is camping stuff, bikes and fishing gear going on the back.
Running the Gladiator coils would lessen your towing capacity, by how much I'm not sure, but it's an option. Can always use Airlift air bags in case. Some have even used the Clayton Gladiator 3.5" coils. I'm not sure if it's a true 3.5" or not.

Combee1

Reaction score
My dealer installed my ReadyLift leveling kit for $387. I paid $370 for the kit with UCA's. $3900 is insane.
Hey @Idahoktm, I had my dealer install this same leveling kit on my 2019 right when I took delivery on it. For the past few months I've had an increasing amount of squeaking coming from the front end when I turn the steering wheel, go over bumps, or the truck even just jostles a little bit, like when I'm getting out and stepping down to the pavement. I went underneath the truck and it sounds like it's coming from the bushing on top of the struts.

Have you noticed any of the same issue with your install?

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Running the Gladiator coils would lessen your towing capacity, by how much I'm not sure, but it's an option. Can always use Airlift air bags in case. Some have even used the Clayton Gladiator 3.5" coils. I'm not sure if it's a true 3.5" or not.
Interesting.... I am not really in a rush it I order what I know I need now. So I have time to figure it out regarding the coils for the rear. There are a lot of options out there....

Users who are viewing this thread