5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got back from dealer for first oil change and alignment check. Opinions?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So nobody knows was Pennzoil level part # 68523971AA is?

Got my first oil change at 1800 miles today and that is what's written on my invoice with the description "5W20 SYNTHETIC OIL" next to it.

I told them I wanted fully synthetic.
The dealer is putting regular oil or a synthetic blend at best! Even if they charge you for full synthetic, who knows what is really going in it🤷🏻‍♂️

U

User_3336

So nobody knows was Pennzoil level part # 68523971AA is?

Got my first oil change at 1800 miles today and that is what's written on my invoice with the description "5W20 SYNTHETIC OIL" next to it.

I told them I wanted fully synthetic.

That part # is synthetic. Most likely Pennzoil Platinum.

Mopar 68523971AA​

Oil-5W20 Synthetic
68523971AA

• Part Description
    Oil-5W20 Synthetic
  • Replaces
    5166240AB, 2AMO6240AA, 5166240PB, 5166240PA
  • Manufacturer
    Mopar

sessman

Reaction score
The dealer is putting regular oil or a synthetic blend at best! Even if they charge you for full synthetic, who knows what is really going in it🤷🏻‍♂️
Multiple people above confirmed via the part # that it's Pennzoil Platinum...

U

User_3336

Multiple people above confirmed via the part # that it's Pennzoil Platinum...
Some dealers just buy the oil change "kits", which includes 5-6-7 quarts of oil and a filter for what ever model it is.... Would have to be the V6 Pentastar or Hemi here. The oil is in qt bottles. it *IS* Pennzoil Platinum.
Its bundled under a Mopar SKU#. I used to have a list. But I have seen the kit before they changed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/