5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Uconnect Update

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my update. It started when I shut off to go into Lowes and then the screen remained black while I drove home. The screen came back on when I pulled into my driveway. The downside is I couldn't adjust the A/C and it's 110 degrees today.

liq001

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.
Just wondering what\how did you get it to upgrade?
I have a section where it connects to wifi but nothing ever happens.
Did you get the update? I have the Wi-Fi connected, but not updates as well.

liq001

Reaction score
Yeah, they generally only show up for 1 boot cycle then poof

If you factory reset your radio they will come back. It actually removes the android app for it, it's not just a setting.

I saved the app as a shortcut on the main screen and when it removes it it puts the default android icon where it was and the directory name. Note the "com.fca.uconnect.preformance..." icon below
View attachment 131875

An update is unlikely to fix it as it's locked out by design to charge us more money for no reason.

I figured out how to get the over the air updates.
Turn truck on.
Connect to wifi.
View attachment 131874
Let truck sit with engine on for 10 minutes ON THAT SCREEN
Shut truck off.
Accept update is available
When screen turns off turn engine on.
View attachment 131877
How about if I put the ignition button on run position? It’ll also allow me to receive the update?

liq001

Reaction score
I just got my update. It started when I shut off to go into Lowes and then the screen remained black while I drove home. The screen came back on when I pulled into my driveway. The downside is I couldn't adjust the A/C and it's 110 degrees today.
Have you ever the the black screen issue? Mine just does it randomly. If you have the same issue, do you know this new update will fix the black screen issue? My 2022 limited haven’t received the update yet.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Got my update today…. Not connected to wifi and I didn’t try to request it…. It simply happened. My experience so far with my 2022 U5 and with my 2019 U4 is that the update will come…. No rhyme or reason… I’ve tried all the other tips and tricks before and it never worked. Just be patient.

and I didn’t do a factory reset and so far everything looks and acts the same So I’m curious what changed beside what the printed tsb or screen says.

Attachments

• 75B9CA2A-1139-47FC-887D-44CFCB264325.jpeg
    75B9CA2A-1139-47FC-887D-44CFCB264325.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 67

liq001

Reaction score
Got my update today…. Not connected to wifi and I didn’t try to request it…. It simply happened. My experience so far with my 2022 U5 and with my 2019 U4 is that the update will come…. No rhyme or reason… I’ve tried all the other tips and tricks before and it never worked. Just be patient.

and I didn’t do a factory reset and so far everything looks and acts the same So I’m curious what changed beside what the printed tsb or screen says.
Have you ever had the black screen issue? Mine just does it randomly. If you have the same issue, do you know this new update will fix the black screen issue? My 2022 limited haven’t received the update yet.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Have you ever had the black screen issue? Mine just does it randomly. If you have the same issue, do you know this new update will fix the black screen issue? My 2022 limited haven’t received the update yet.
No black screen issues for me….. this is my 2nd uconnect update in this truck so maybe the last one took care of the black screen problem.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you ever the the black screen issue? Mine just does it randomly. If you have the same issue, do you know this new update will fix the black screen issue? My 2022 limited haven’t received the update yet.
No, I haven't ever had the black screen issue. I have no idea what's included in this update. I searched and coun't find anything online with what's included.

liq001

Reaction score
No, I haven't ever had the black screen issue. I have no idea what's included in this update. I searched and coun't find anything online with what's included.
Thanks, I am waiting for this new update, hope it can solve the black screen issue on my truck.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the update over the weekend, pulled into the garage, and got the message there was an update. Hit update, and just went into the house. No issues the next time I left and didn't notice anything new or different.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’m going to post a copy of the 24.13 update for those that don’t want to wait for their VIN to come around on the OTA update.

But first, I’ll list all the different behaviors I’ve noticed with this update coming from 23.13.
Yes, I do realize there will be some that will not experience any of this, but I’m going to list them so you can make an informed decision on whether or not you want to manually perform the update. I’ve been running 24.13 for the last month and a half, and none of these are “glitches” for me, they are consistent behaviors. I only use iPhone and CarPlay, so I don’t have any testing with android auto, or if their behaviors are the same:

• First off, I notice no actual improvements of any features compared to 23.13
  • When using a route on google maps with CarPlay, if I change the screen to any other screen than the one I launch the route on, my route will be deleted when I go back to the screen displaying google map.
  • Turn-by-turn no longer shows up in the EVIC for google map routes, whereas it did on 23.13
  • I keep my home page up as my normal screen. My page is set up for CarPlay on top, and factory navigation on bottom. CarPlay is set to automatically connect and default on startup. If I’m on my home page, and I put the truck in reverse, when I come out of reverse it will switch to the main CarPlay screen.
  • TomTom restarts whenever the display changes between light and dark mode. If I have a route in TomTom, it will be gone after it restarts
  • When I start the truck after it sits overnight, the screen defaults to the vehicle all apps menu
  • Sometimes my home pages will freeze, as in it’s hard to swipe to the next page. I have to do it slowly and deliberately in order to come out of this “freeze”
One thing I can’t say, is if this update corrects any issues with the screen going black, heated seat icons disappearing, radio presets being forgotten, etc., because I’ve never experienced any of this over the last four versions I’ve run.

This update will not fix the weather app issue either. That is a TomTom software issue, not a radio software issue.

That being said, just like the other UC5 updates: 8-32GB usb stick, formatted fat32. Do not unzip/extract anything. Just put the whole zipped folder onto the usb, and plug it into the media hub.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’m going to post a copy of the 24.13 update for those that don’t want to wait for their VIN to come around on the OTA update.

But first, I’ll list all the different behaviors I’ve noticed with this update coming from 23.13.
Yes, I do realize there will be some that will not experience any of this, but I’m going to list them so you can make an informed decision on whether or not you want to manually perform the update. I’ve been running 24.13 for the last month and a half, and none of these are “glitches” for me, they are consistent behaviors. I only use iPhone and CarPlay, so I don’t have any testing with android auto, or if their behaviors are the same:

• When using a route on google maps with CarPlay, if I change the screen to any other screen than the one I launch the route on, my route will be deleted when I go back to the screen displaying google map.
  • Turn-by-turn no longer shows up in the EVIC for google map routes, whereas it did on 23.13
  • I keep my home page up as my normal screen. My page is set up for CarPlay on top, and factory navigation on bottom. CarPlay is set to automatically connect and default on startup. If I’m on my home page, and I put the truck in reverse, when I come out of reverse it will switch to the main CarPlay screen.
  • TomTom restarts whenever the display changes between light and dark mode. If I have a route in TomTom, it will be gone after it restarts
  • When I start the truck after it sits overnight, the screen defaults to the vehicle all apps menu
  • Sometimes my home pages will freeze, as in it’s hard to swipe to the next page. I have to do it slowly and deliberately in order to come out of this “freeze”
One thing I can’t say, is if this update corrects any issues with the screen going black, heated seat icons disappearing, radio presets being forgotten, etc., because I’ve never experienced any of this over the last four versions I’ve run.

This update will not fix the weather app issue either. That is a TomTom software issue, not a radio software issue.

That being said, just like the other UC5 updates: 8-32GB usb stick, formatted fat32. Do not unzip/extract anything. Just put the whole zipped folder onto the usb, and plug it into the media hub.
Thanks for posting that. Your description makes me not want it though, lol.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Got the OTA update the other day.
-climate/seats short cuts in the top corners still disappear
-Performance pages (enabled with alfaobd) came back for 2 days and are gone again.
-eco coaching app still MIA
-screen still changes all over the place when using carplay. Seems to start at the app screen everytime the trucks starts.
-no crashes yet which is new. Would crash at least once a day before the update
-carplay has connected without any fighting so far. Time will tell.

Does anyone get how the welcome screen is supposed to work? I mean if you have it turned on it comes up ‘welcome your name’ and you can touch get started which takes you to set up your profile (which is done) or switch user (I only have one). If you hit the little x another screen comes up and you can touch ‘don’t show again’ and then the welcome screen is then turned off permanently unless you go back into settings to turn it back on. Seems unfinished, like you should be able to touch ‘ok’ right from the beginning without going through multiple screens.

nitmik

Reaction score
The update is very lackluster. Disappointed for sure.

switters

Reaction score
What version do you have?
Send me a picture. Should be My22S2x.xx
I'm at My22.S21B.5-PROD.

The blank screen is by far the most annoying issue for me because I can't control the climate easily and have no backup camera. I got this truck to tow, which I do almost every weekend, and not having a backup camera makes it a lot harder to align the hitch. Kind of a deal breaker.

If this update fixes that issue, I can probably live with the other glitches—though I won't be happy about them. It's almost impossible to find new or used trucks in my area that meet my needs, so I'll likely keep this RAM for at least a year or two and then get a different truck with a more reliable screen at that point (if I'm still having trouble with it).

IMG_2937.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2937.jpeg
    IMG_2937.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 11

switters

Reaction score

Thanks for posting this. Will I be automatically prompted to update the software after inserting the USB stick into one of the media hubs? Or do I need to do anything?

Also, I assume this doesn't void my warranty or anything? Is this an "approved" method of updating the software? Will it raise any eyebrows at the dealership? Would they even have a way of knowing that I've updated in this fashion vs. OTA?

Ducky5

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. Will I be automatically prompted to update the software after inserting the USB stick into one of the media hubs? Or do I need to do anything?

Also, I assume this doesn't void my warranty or anything? Is this an "approved" method of updating the software? Will it raise any eyebrows at the dealership? Would they even have a way of knowing that I've updated in this fashion vs. OTA?
Mine updated randomly when I was about 20 miles from the house (where it's connected to wifi). No idea when it downloaded the update but it gave me a prompt when I shut the truck off. The radio stayed on which was odd and when I looked it said there was an update.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My experience is similar to Jimmy07 & Ducky5. Have had black screen twice & documented with photo & video, eventually came back on after next startup or next day. Wired CarPlay randomly disconnects often & have to plug back in - happens a lot, but not always, on potholes/large bumps. I denied update a few times on Saturday bc we were driving & didn’t want to have issues while we were out & wanted to wait to get back home. Upon pulling in the driveway & beginning to turn off truck, it prompted me that the update was 17% complete & not sure how or why it did this. I suppose it is complete now, but have not received notification or prompt that it has been and/or what was updated.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is mine from the factory. So far no current update available. Is this the most current? Been working great so far.
0FBD5573-40CF-48E8-B7CC-56BF045C4CBC.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is mine from the factory. So far no current update available. Is this the most current? Been working great so far.
View attachment 132150
The was the current as of a week ago.

There is 1 more after that just came out.

People need to understand these are firmware software updates, not upgrades.

This means by design you are not getting NEW features, it only fixes the current ones.
If you get a new feature it's a bonus but you can't expect this to add anything.

If your radio works fine then don't stress about it

Users who are viewing this thread