5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June Uconnect Update

dktek

Reaction score
I've been looking over these posts, I'm on 23.13 and I've had freezing issues and the screen windows shifting going full screen and widgets shifting up and down since I got the truck this past July, considering my 19 with the 8.4 never had an issue, I can't believe how this behavior I'm experiencing is considered acceptable. The OTA updates are the worst thing I've ever seen, I work in IT and have never worked with a piece of technology this glitchy. 24.13 I'm told by my dealership is supposed to fix this freezing and that I have to wait for the OTA update, this update is already 5 months old and seeing that a 26.15 is already out there. I asked them today about updating via USB with the update posted in this thread. They told me that I would void the warranty if anything went wrong.

I mean seriously, what is a owner to do when your 12" screen is only working 25% of the time and an update is taking months before your VIN becomes eligible. People have had to go and find these updates and manually do them via USB themselves.

Has anyone been told that this would void the systems warranty? I've downloaded the update and inclined to apply it. I'm pretty sure I could fight them on the warranty matter considering how bad this system is.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've been looking over these posts, I'm on 23.13 and I've had freezing issues and the screen windows shifting going full screen and widgets shifting up and down since I got the truck this past July, considering my 19 with the 8.4 never had an issue, I can't believe how this behavior I'm experiencing is considered acceptable. The OTA updates are the worst thing I've ever seen, I work in IT and have never worked with a piece of technology this glitchy. 24.13 I'm told by my dealership is supposed to fix this freezing and that I have to wait for the OTA update, this update is already 5 months old and seeing that a 26.15 is already out there. I asked them today about updating via USB with the update posted in this thread. They told me that I would void the warranty if anything went wrong.

I mean seriously, what is a owner to do when your 12" screen is only working 25% of the time and an update is taking months before your VIN becomes eligible. People have had to go and find these updates and manually do them via USB themselves.

Has anyone been told that this would void the systems warranty? I've downloaded the update and inclined to apply it. I'm pretty sure I could fight them on the warranty matter considering how bad this system is.
You can update via usb fine.
The dealership you are working with must be full of idiots (which is pretty common)

The whole "waiting for your vin to become eligible" is a bunch of bogus, I haven't seen ANYTHING to show that actually happens.
I have read people that went to the dealership and had cases opened via Ramcares then mystically an ota update comes, so if anything your vin CAN'T become eligible unless you complain and a case is opened imo.

Ive been running 24.13 for a bit now, it's not perfect but not really any major problems.
S26.15 came out a month ago or so and I haven't heard of any major problems on it.

Just go for it.

dktek

Reaction score
You can update via usb fine.
The dealership you are working with must be full of idiots (which is pretty common)

The whole "waiting for your vin to become eligible" is a bunch of bogus, I haven't seen ANYTHING to show that actually happens.
I have read people that went to the dealership and had cases opened via Ramcares then mystically an ota update comes, so if anything your vin CAN'T become eligible unless you complain and a case is opened imo.

Ive been running 24.13 for a bit now, it's not perfect but not really any major problems.
S26.15 came out a month ago or so and I haven't heard of any major problems on it.

Just go for it.
I did contact FCA and opened a case, they were discussing the matter with the dealership, they are concerned based on my description of issues that the head unit should be replaced. But FCA was also concerned that the dealership mentioning voiding of warranty made no sense and that they should have already done a USB update to see if it fixed the issues considering how bad the screen is operating. As for the "idiots" at the dealership, there are a few.

I think I will just update it this weekend.

Thanks for the reply.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I did contact FCA and opened a case, they were discussing the matter with the dealership, they are concerned based on my description of issues that the head unit should be replaced. But FCA was also concerned that the dealership mentioning voiding of warranty made no sense and that they should have already done a USB update to see if it fixed the issues considering how bad the screen is operating. As for the "idiots" at the dealership, there are a few.

I think I will just update it this weekend.

Thanks for the reply.
It takes a solid 30 minutes, just to warn you. It says to not drive but you can definitely drive as I did just know that any fancy safety features probably aren't going to work so you need to drive like a normal human being.
Highly recommend doing a factory reset of the head unit after the update is finished.

Users who are viewing this thread