5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

Joseram2019

Reaction score
Hello I am in need of some desperate help. I have tackled this project and have been working on it for a while. I used the Harness from Jimmy and added the tailights with BSM on them also I added the mirrors with BSM light and cameras as I also added the 360 surround view (which I got it to work with the help from Jimmy) but I can not for the love of God get this BSM upgrade to go. I tried a lot of stuff. I can connect to the left side object detection but not to the right one. Funny thing is if I remove the left tailight it still connects to the left BSM?? but can not connect to the right. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

GTG2022

Reaction score
Hello I am in need of some desperate help. I have tackled this project and have been working on it for a while. I used the Harness from Jimmy and added the tailights with BSM on them also I added the mirrors with BSM light and cameras as I also added the 360 surround view (which I got it to work with the help from Jimmy) but I can not for the love of God get this BSM upgrade to go. I tried a lot of stuff. I can connect to the left side object detection but not to the right one. Funny thing is if I remove the left tailight it still connects to the left BSM?? but can not connect to the right. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Do you have the 300A jumper wires intalled? The BSM LED tail lights work with the 300AA harnesses on the left and right side if you depin pin 8(extra ground) on the driver's side.

Joseram2019

Reaction score
Do you have the 300A jumper wires intalled? The BSM LED tail lights work with the 300AA harnesses on the left and right side if you depin pin 8(extra ground) on the driver's side.
Yes! I have the 300AA on both sides and I depin #8 already as I thought that was the issue. Thank you for your quick reply!

Joseram2019

Reaction score
I do keep getting a U11FA error code under the object detection menu in alfaOBD

GTG2022

Reaction score
I do keep getting a U11FA error code under the object detection menu in alfaOBD
Did you have to modify for LED tail lights for the BSM module or did you purchase factory ready BSM tail lights? I remember seeing a post somewhere where the pins were not completely seated and locked in the connector.

Joseram2019

Reaction score
Did you have to modify for LED tail lights for the BSM module or did you purchase factory ready BSM tail lights? I remember seeing a post somewhere where the pins were not completely seated and locked in the connector.
First I modified my own twilights then, after trying and trying I got new ones with BSM on them. I even went down to the xy400 connector and cut the cables to run them to the CAN just in case I didn’t seat them properly on the xy400 and nothing sad. I don’t know what else could it be.. 😔

GTG2022

Reaction score
First I modified my own twilights then, after trying and trying I got new ones with BSM on them. I even went down to the xy400 connector and cut the cables to run them to the CAN just in case I didn’t seat them properly on the xy400 and nothing sad. I don’t know what else could it be.. 😔
Okay. I see that you checked all of that. Maybe alpha settings? I don't know what else it could be.

Maintf16

Reaction score
When I purchased my bsm to install into my taillights the seller told me that some used modules require a reprogramming to work. Don’t know how true this is but could be an issue. What part number bsm did you get? Did you check to make sure that both bs modules are the same p/n?

Last edited:

Joseram2019

Reaction score
When I purchased my bsm to install into my taillights the seller told me that some used modules require a reprogramming to work. Don’t know how true this is but could be an issue. What part number bsm did you get? Did you check to make sure that both bs modules are the same p/n?
Yes, I did the alfaOBD settings like 4 times to make sure I didn’t just need to let it reset. I got bsm number 68263397AD on both. I was think of running cables 39, 40, 41 and 42 all the way from the taillights to the CAN IHS. But thing is I don’t know which pins are 39 and 40 on tailight harness and which pins are 41 and 42 on the other tailight harness.

Maintf16

Reaction score
Yes, I did the alfaOBD settings like 4 times to make sure I didn’t just need to let it reset. I got bsm number 68263397AD on both. I was think of running cables 39, 40, 41 and 42 all the way from the taillights to the CAN IHS. But thing is I don’t know which pins are 39 and 40 on tailight harness and which pins are 41 and 42 on the other tailight harness.
Wonder if you got a bad module. Have you tried swapping out the modules and seeing if it picks up the right one? I haven’t heard of anyone else running into that problem but it seems you have checked almost everything else off on the list.

DAPKINGT

Reaction score
I added blind spot to my 21 DT. The system works great. If you are upgrading from halogen tails to led you will have to make some extra changes in ALFAobd. TRQ offers aftermarket mirrors that are near factory quality for a fraction of the price. That being said I have a set of GoRecon brand tail lamps with factory blind spot monitors mounted in them for sale . Tail light part number is 264338LEDBK. I bought these as a cheaper alternative to the factory tails when I added blind spot then about a week after install I came across a great deal on the factory tails so I bought them. Asking $800 located in central indiana.

UnclJim

Reaction score
does anyone have part numbers for driver and pass side full mirror assemblies w/ BS, PF, AD ?

Paco

Reaction score
I just listed 1 of the modules for taillight in for Sale, if someone need one.
Sorry only 1.

Meen318

Reaction score
Hey any of you guys who have modified your own LED tail lights to fit the sensors.... any one got a part number specifically for the Drivers side heat sink only??

The 2 sensors i ordered that came with a little harness on them were both passenger side ones. :rolleyes:

I know the blind spot sensors themselves are the same on both sides so i'll just keep these if i can find the driver's side heat sink.

All i can find for it anywhere is this number: 68396592AA But the stupid description lists it as LEFT and then says RIGHT below it but i know these are not the same. Thanks for any help.

View attachment 132406

Did you happen to find out the part numbers for the left & right heat sink? Will 68396594AA be the heat sink seal for both sides? Also what screws did you use to mount the heat sink module to the plastic tail light housing? I seen some pictures that look like small black Torx head screws.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did you happen to find out the part numbers for the left & right heat sink? Will 68396594AA be the heat sink seal for both sides? Also what screws did you use to mount the heat sink module to the plastic tail light housing? I seen some pictures that look like small black Torx head screws.
Nope still no info to my knowledge that separates the left and right heat sinks by part number, but those are the difference between the left and right sides. The sensors themselves that bolt to the heatsinks are exactly the same size and shape... it's the heat sinks you really have to hunt for... I ended up with 3 rights and 1 left hahaha and i sold the 2 rights i didn't need afterward for a little less than i got em for... it was a PITA.

Meen318

Reaction score
Nope still no info to my knowledge that separates the left and right heat sinks by part number, but those are the difference between the left and right sides. The sensors themselves that bolt to the heatsinks are exactly the same size and shape... it's the heat sinks you really have to hunt for... I ended up with 3 rights and 1 left hahaha and i sold the 2 rights i didn't need afterward for a little less than i got em for... it was a PITA.

I just bought some used left and right heat sinks with sensors off ebay. They are ready to screw on to the tail light assemby but I dont have the screws to mount the heat sink assembly to the tail light housing. What screws did you use? Thank you

Meen318

Reaction score
I also noticed that both tail light jumpers 68357220AC & 68357222AC have been replaced by one single part number 68489300AA
Edit: Just read that this will work with the removal of the Black wire in the #8 slot on the drivers side harness.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread