5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok Gents... and particularly Jimmy07... finally bought my mirror glass. Funny thing tho, my truck came with mirrors that are heated and only the driver's side (and inside rearview) dims. so i needed to find the same set but with the little LED in the glass for the BSM. Instead of buying them separately i found a pair of brand new OEM ones (shockingly a tiny bit cheaper than separate ones) but in this set, the passenger mirror also dims... my original passenger mirror was only heated. I'm now trying to suss out the connectors and which is which for the features. This is what i think they are below... seem correct? (Edit: i had the heat and glass dime connectors backwards... this pic shows what they are)

View attachment 144451
And following up on this. Any of the guys who added these instead of going with the LED in the sail panel, did you just cut these connectors off and splice the wires to the mirror? or did you make it an unpluggable connection? or better yet, did anyone find these connectors anywheres?

leetecjm

Reaction score
I got my problem solved, but my case may be different as my truck is a cab and chassis and I needed to change the vehicle line to D2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok Gents, i'm trying to get the mirrors done but i'm trying to source some connectors for the blindspot as well as other features so i made a thread since it has info about other stuff as well that isn't just blindspot system...

its kinda short right now but i'll update it, and post here when i'm done. Hoping some new info will roll in there.

Last edited:

LS-RR

Reaction score
you ever get this stuff sorted out?
No, it's been an extremely busy summer with work, grandkids, yard and pool maintenance, and covid. I have some time in the next week or two and I'm planning to check everything out again while I also install the Paragoptics ambient lighting kit I bought. Of course, my vehicle doesn't fit in the garage and it depends on the weather...

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
updates to wiring the BSM mirrors:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The saga continues... added the driver's side BSM mirror, wired and activated. and i'm linking for this one as it is strictly for adding the BSM mirrors:

Georgf

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This summer I installed BSM and everything was fine, but now when the weather is cold outside, an error “Blind Spot Unavailable “ U0232 and U0010 intermittently appears. Someone faced the problem of why it happens in cold weather, when it's warm outside, everything is fine? Also note, month ago i have successfully installed 12” screen. I saw that this error means a loss of communication with the sensor, but maybe just a contact in the connector, maybe someone knows how easier it is to find the cause?

Last edited:

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok guys, it's all done:

Also i have been driving it in 20-25 degree weather and it has been fine so far... post #448 above is the first i've heard of the cold weather thing, but i'll keep an eye out.

BIG Thanks again to everyone who helped me out along the way, i hope my write-up does the same for someone else...

Last edited:

TDP154

Reaction score
So that I actually don’t know. I don’t have a setting for that either. My blind spot setting just shows off, on lights and sound, on sound.

And I didn’t stop and look for settings when I had the trailer on. I’ll try to do that next time I hook it up. I’m curious too now.

I found that you need to enable the following in AlfaOBD:

Cust.Set.Menu 2: Blind Spot with Trailer CSM Present

Cust.Set.Menu 3: Trailer Length Blind Spot Enable/Disable CSM Present

After that, I got the setting to adjust the blindspot monitoring for trailers in uconnect.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found that you need to enable the following in AlfaOBD:

Cust.Set.Menu 2: Blind Spot with Trailer CSM Present

Cust.Set.Menu 3: Trailer Length Blind Spot Enable/Disable CSM Present

After that, I got the setting to adjust the blindspot monitoring for trailers in uconnect.
interesting!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:.I'm a JScan user tho so i'm gonna have to go see if i can find settings like that in mine. (some of the menus have different names vs alfaOBD i've found) but thx for that info!

Mpgrimm2

Reaction score
Since I was all set to start this mod during the holiday break and I had put together a bunch of notes/post links to go back and find info as needed. Ended up trading in my eTorque truck (stalling issues) before installing everything (Laramie tails, & Mirrors with new glass) but wanted to share what I put together that may help others. Maybe the OP or NJH3409, etc can update one of the earlier posts as a table of contents until there's a rollup thread to bring this all home within the first 10 posts or so.

Thanks for everyone that dug into this and some of the more specific individuals below ...
(sorry if I missed anyone or other relevant posts. Let me know and I will try and update it if I can)

** I still don't know if there are updated/newer PNs for Trailer Length BSM option for 1500 vs 2500 ??
** Not sure what the full xxxxx300AA taillight jumper PN is that can be modified vs getting the other version?

Helpful Posts:
25, (@Njh3409) xy400 / interior CanBus IHS connector/terminal General Info
82, (Tdb0021) LED Tail light wiring mod info for BSS

100/106, (@tdb0021) “Adding Blind Spot Monitoring.PDF” link

114, (@Jimmy07) xy400 & Interior CanBus IHS connector terminal PNs with purchase Links.

136, (Jimmy07) Correct BSS taillight connector & terminal PNs with purchase links.

169, (RebelDogAndTruck) Advanced Safety Group (ALP) and Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection (XAN) sales codes

229-231, (Jimmy07) Discussion about BSS sensor PNs for Trailer Length BSM to work?

263, (@JBowman) Some AlfaOBD setting and TailLight Jumper Harness PN info. (68357220AD and 68357222AD vs xxxxx300AA jumpers?)

345, (1.21 Gigawatts) partial info about xxxxx300AA taillight jumper harness option w/removing pin 8 on left/drvr side

364, (djevox) Possible 1500 DT Heatsink and gasket PNs??

386-388, (@1.21 Gigawatts) Overview of the various BSM upgrade paths & options.

401, (Jimmy07) Note about not setting “Veh Config 7 - Active Blindspot Present" (not needed for Ram)

412 (@TDP154) Info on aftermarket BSM ready LED Taillight assy’s with eBay purchase link.

444 (1.21 Gigawatts) Dedicated thread for Adding blindspot rear view (and Passenger side dimming) mirror glass

450 (TDP154) Additonal AlfaOBD settings for Trailer Length BSM

Attachments

• BSM & Mirror Mod notes - Mpgrimm2.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
  • MIRROR---EXTERIOR---EXCEPT-TRAILER-TOW -1st Design.pdf
    419.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Molex 02-06-1101 .062 F Terms CutStrip 227173.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Molex 02-06-1103 .062 F Terms - 2841154 .pdf
    26.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Molex 03-06-1023 .062 F Conn 2pin AutoDim 2695565-1.pdf
    29 KB · Views: 11
  • Molex Mizu-P25 50148-8100 F 2.50 Terms 1888301.pdf
    36.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Molex Mizu-P25 52213-0211 F 2.50 2pin BSM Conn 149499.pdf
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
  • TeConn 5-963715-1 MQS F Term DoorMod C2 Conn 2825918.pdf
    256.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if it's possible to add blind spot to my level 2 bighorn (has the 7 inch cluster which would be crucial I assume) with the LED package. It would be great to have when towing my travel trailer. I know I would need the blind spot detection modules and new left and right side mirrors and then of course have the computer flashed either at the dealership or by using AlfaOBD. Has anyone done this sucessfully?
It does not matter what cluster do you have. And YES, you can add blind spots.

TDP154

Reaction score
For anyone interested in knock-off mirrors, check out the TRQ mirrors. Part number is MRA09883. They go for $320 on eBay and are of similar/near identical quality to OEM. The puddle lights and turn signals are brighter than OEM and blindspot functions as it should. They are power-fold and have heated glass. I don’t think they have the auto-dim feature, though. Easy plug and play.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, between these and the aftermarket tails if you don’t care about things saying “Ram” on them or the auto dim, you could get this whole mod done in a day with Jimmy07’s harness and the right sensors/heat sinks. And for just above the actual cost of the option. 😨

leetecjm

Reaction score
I have a pair of 2019 sensors and heat sink, and a pair of 2022 sensors, for sale

Maintf16

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know the part number for the drivers side module mounting bracket?

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
guys,
did anyone of you run in to an issue adding / making changes in BCM with AlfaOBD and alfa shows the change, but it does not work.
I have successfully added the blindspots in my 2020 ram BigHorn but cannot get them to work in my 2022 Laramie, both trucks I got the OEM tail lights with BlindSpots (brand new) in my 2020 I did not replace mirrors, just add small LED in the doors, in my 2022 I have OEM mirrors, but I have tried with the little LEDs as well, just to prove the point, but no luck.

What is funny, after making changes I can connect to each blind spot, I can see that the VIN# is there of my RAM as first and as current VIN. Also on my radio I can see the the option for trailer length for blind spots, but that is the only option.

Same thing for the tailgate ajar warning. I have enabled it in my 2020 and it works like a charm. in 2022 does not work at all.

Users who are viewing this thread