5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

vzar47a

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know the connector id for that xy400 chassis left connector on the 2500 model?

Jray22

Reaction score
Wow! There are a lot of options to retro fit BSM in. My Laramie doesn’t have this option either, but with only 600 miles on this puppy. I’ll be circling back around to this Mod.. 🤣

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So that I actually don’t know. I don’t have a setting for that either. My blind spot setting just shows off, on lights and sound, on sound.

And I didn’t stop and look for settings when I had the trailer on. I’ll try to do that next time I hook it up. I’m curious too now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update, no. No additional settings appear in uconnect when there’s a trailer on and it senses the length. So you can’t manually adjust the lengths it uses. And I also don’t see any additional settings when there isn’t a trailer hooked up. (At least not In mine anyway, I don’t know the depths of the reprogramming beyond activating the sensors and the mirrors.)

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just installed and enabled everything and haven't been successful on my first attempt. Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you.

I have a 22 Big Horn that came with halogen tail lights.
These are the parts I installed.
- @Jimmy07 's harness to complete the circuits from under the seat to the bus terminals
- I bought the OEM knock-off LED tail lights like above
- 2 tail light modules, both 68263397AE
- I used the 300aa tail light harnesses and clipped the number 8 wire from the driver's side. I forgot to at first, but it made no difference afterwards.

Using AlfaOBD, I enabled:
- left and right blind-spot modules
- CSM blind-spot
- CSM blind-spot trailer length
- mirrors with blind-spot light (I have the lights in my mirrors)

I get the following error after I start the truck:
It recurs every time I start the truck unless I disable the right-side module.
20221112_093136 (Medium).jpg Screenshot_20221112-083758_AlfaOBD (Medium).jpg

I have tried swapping the left and right modules and also enabling the right, then the left after switching to run each time. The error only appears after I enable the right-side module.

It also won't save any configuration changes on the center screen.

20221112_084011 (Medium).jpg
20221112_084000 (Medium).jpg

Any ideas? Does any one have wiring diagram that shows the circuits from the comm terminal block to the modules?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I remember correctly when you and I messaged awhile back, you swapped your factory mirrors out with used OEM power fold tow mirrors w/ blind spot and door modules right? Just to rule those out, have you tried disabling the “doors blind spot mirrors present” to see if the audio portion of the BSM works without the lights in the mirrors? I doubt that is the problem based on the communication fault you’re getting, but doesn’t hurt to try that and see if you find anything different.

Last edited:

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I remember correctly when you and I messaged awhile back, you swapped your factory mirrors out with used OEM power fold tow mirrors w/ blind spot and door modules right? Just to rule those out, have you tried disabling the “doors blind spot mirrors present” to see if the audio portion of the BSM works without the lights in the mirrors? I doubt that is the problem based on the communication fault you’re getting, but doesn’t hurt to try that and see if you find anything different.
Thanks, yes, I have the power-fold tow mirrors w/bsm lights. I think I did try that this morning or last night. The trigger is always enabling the right bsm.

I'm going to verify the circuit is intact for each of the four wires from the terminal block under the dash back to each module's connector in the light housing and note the pinouts.

Maybe that will reveal something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, I have the power-fold tow mirrors w/bsm lights. I think I did try that this morning or last night. The trigger is always enabling the right bsm.

I'm going to verify the circuit is intact for each of the four wires from the terminal block under the dash back to each module's connector in the light housing and note the pinouts.

Maybe that will reveal something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Are you sure the U0232 fault pops as soon as you enable the right sensor, and not the left? Double check that there is no complete circuit on the driver side tail light jumper pin 8. That sounds like the same behavior when the driver side sensor has two grounds instead of one.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure the U0232 fault pops as soon as you enable the right sensor, and not the left? Double check that there is no complete circuit on the driver side tail light jumper pin 8. That sounds like the same behavior when the driver side sensor has two grounds instead of one.
Thanks @Jimmy07 and @JBowman for your time to help me. I appreciate it.

*** If I said right sensor previously, I meant left sensor. It was always the left.

I found my problem after I went back with a clear head and warm hands.
I checked the pinouts on the left-side tail light harness. There were only two sockets in the internal connector that were pushed all they way in. I guess this explains why I always had the problem when I enabled the left-side module. 🤦‍♂️

I checked the right side connector and all its sockets were seated properly.
I reassembled everything and it worked!

Thanks to everyone in this thread who spent a lot of time and effort researching and compiling all this information.

Now, I have to install my new LED CHMSL and eventually find a digital mirror.

Only two sockets in there:
20221112_145134.jpg

Pushed the rest of them in and made sure they stayed put when I connected the module.
20221112_145541.jpg

20221112_150737.jpg
20221112_152249 (Medium).jpg

China lights, not too bad for the savings:
20221112_152556 (Medium).jpg
20221112_152614 (Medium).jpg
20221112_152532 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• 20221112_152556.jpg
    20221112_152556.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 15

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks @Jimmy07 and @JBowman for your time to help me. I appreciate it.

*** If I said right sensor previously, I meant left sensor. It was always the left.

I found my problem after I went back with a clear head and warm hands.
I checked the pinouts on the left-side tail light harness. There were only two sockets in the internal connector that were pushed all they way in. I guess this explains why I always had the problem when I enabled the left-side module. 🤦‍♂️

I checked the right side connector and all its sockets were seated properly.
I reassembled everything and it worked!

Thanks to everyone in this thread who spent a lot of time and effort researching and compiling all this information.

Now, I have to install my new LED CHMSL and eventually find a digital mirror.

Only two sockets in there:
View attachment 143624

Pushed the rest of them in and made sure they stayed put when I connected the module.
View attachment 143625

View attachment 143626
View attachment 143630

China lights, not too bad for the savings:
View attachment 143628
View attachment 143629
View attachment 143631
Awesome man, glad you got it sorted. Really budget friendly approach! That’s the route I’d take if I had to do it over. Your truck is coming together nicely.

leetecjm

Reaction score
im getting the same error and cannot log in to the right module also left module giving vin mismatch error, can this be cleared ?

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
im getting the same error and cannot log in to the right module also left module giving vin mismatch error, can this be cleared ?
Maybe this means something to the others, but I don't understand what you are saying here.
Which same error?
What do you mean by "log in to the right module"?
What do you mean by VIN mismatch? I didn't encounter anything about VINs during my install.

leetecjm

Reaction score
Maybe this means something to the others, but I don't understand what you are saying here.
Which same error?
What do you mean by "log in to the right module"?
What do you mean by VIN mismatch? I didn't encounter anything about VINs during my install.
When i go to object detection i Alfa i can connect to the left module but getting errors about vin and config mismatch i will take screen shot later

leetecjm

Reaction score
I got it to work, when I changed the vehicle line to D2 which is the 3500 pickup option,
But now I’m trying to get rid of Abs and Airbag codes
If I switch the ‘vehicle line ‘ back to DD cab and chassis airbag and Abs codes are gone but blind spot stop working also

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got it to work, when I changed the vehicle line to D2 which is the 3500 pickup option,
But now I’m trying to get rid of Abs and Airbag codes
If I switch the ‘vehicle line ‘ back to DD cab and chassis airbag and Abs codes are gone but blind spot stop working also

You can’t do blind spot on a cab n chassis because the sensors don’t know the DD vehicle line. You also can’t change the vehicle line to a pickup without also changing the occupant restraint controller module because IT doesn’t know the D2 vehicle line.
You’ll have to get a new ORC module if you want to keep blind spot.

leetecjm

Reaction score
Ok, do you have a part number, I may be able to locate one that came from a gen5 pickup, same one I got the mirrors from

leetecjm

Reaction score
Also, How could I correct the Abs,
Thanks in advance, I have been looking for this information for a min

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, How could I correct the Abs,
Thanks in advance, I have been looking for this information for a min

This thread is for blind spot only. I suggest you use the search function to find threads about abs, and if you can’t find what you need, make a new thread with a lot more detail describing your issue/what you want to achieve.

leetecjm

Reaction score
Ok, no problem
I will do some research at least it’s working now with D2 I will have to work around this as I have my surround cam and folding mirrors working fine

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ok Gents... and particularly Jimmy07... finally bought my mirror glass. Funny thing tho, my truck came with mirrors that are heated and only the driver's side (and inside rearview) dims. so i needed to find the same set but with the little LED in the glass for the BSM. Instead of buying them separately i found a pair of brand new OEM ones (shockingly a tiny bit cheaper than separate ones) but in this set, the passenger mirror also dims... my original passenger mirror was only heated. I'm now trying to suss out the connectors and which is which for the features. This is what i think they are below... seem correct? (Edit: i had the heat and glass dim connectors backwards... this pic shows what they are)

BSM Mirrors back.jpg

Last edited:

Paco

Reaction score
My install so far.
I Bought a broken lens taillight that had a blind spot module, for $300:00 dollars on line.
Removed the Blind spot and the harness from the old light, and put it into my Non Blind spot headlight.
This makes it plug and play, no cutting or buying gray blindspot harness etc.

I dont have a dremmel, so I used a sharp exacto knife, a bit more work, but once you get it started, you end up with a very clean cut.(My Blind spot module seals up without needing any silicone or sealant, in my taillight so that was a plus.

I was worried about a dremmel touching the circuit board and rendering it unusable like I have read here.
Plus I did not want to buy a dremmel for just this.

Set the depth of the exacto, so it can just cut part the plastic, this will eliminate mistakenly cutting the circuit board.

Once you get the exacto through the plastic, you can tap the top of the Blade with a small screwdriver, or something like that and it will allow the exacto to contiue to cut as you tap it with the screw driver.( you will need to have started the grooves already, for the exacto knife to follow.

Its a bit of work, but the cut was very clean, and Blind spot module seals up perfectly.

The other headlight has Blind spot installed already, and I will pick it up tomorrow.
I am ordering the harness from Jimmy today also.
I hope this helps, just another way of trying it, if you dont have a dremmel.

Users who are viewing this thread