5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to add Blind Spot?

I am having a similar issue except I don’t get any light on the mirror when I start the truck, just the unavailable message after a few seconds. When I try to change the settings on the screen I get a message that bsm is unavailable. I think my issue may be one of the sensors since I bought used ones. I ordered another pair to see if that fixes it. If that doesn’t work then I am lost as well.
New modules did not solve my issue. When I check fault codes I get an error that there is no signal from the driver(left) module. I'm not sure what is going on now. I have purchased multiple different module sets, most recent is part number 68263397AE, and the XY400 harness I got is from Jimmy. The dealership wants to charge me $186 for programming but I don't know if that is the issue. If they cant program, then they want almost $1,200 to "fix it". I have already spent enough as is and don't want to shell out more to the dealership. Seems like everyone else was able to just turn the settings on in AlfaOBD and it worked. I am having no such luck. Anyone have any ideas?

Try turning the mirror indicators off in Alfa and test the bsm system with just the audio alerts. I had an issue with my mirrors and it shut the whole system down. When you said the mirrors don’t light on startup it might indicate that the problem is there.

Try turning the mirror indicators off in Alfa and test the bsm system with just the audio alerts. I had an issue with my mirrors and it shut the whole system down. When you said the mirrors don’t light on startup it might indicate that the problem is there.
Didn't fix the problem. When I read all faults in Alfa i am getting 3 of them. U0010 (Unable to find what this code is), U0232 (Lost Communication with side obstacle detection module -left), and U0213 (Lost Communication with Mirror Control Module)

New modules did not solve my issue. When I check fault codes I get an error that there is no signal from the driver(left) module. I'm not sure what is going on now. I have purchased multiple different module sets, most recent is part number 68263397AE, and the XY400 harness I got is from Jimmy. The dealership wants to charge me $186 for programming but I don't know if that is the issue. If they cant program, then they want almost $1,200 to "fix it". I have already spent enough as is and don't want to shell out more to the dealership. Seems like everyone else was able to just turn the settings on in AlfaOBD and it worked. I am having no such luck. Anyone have any ideas?
Are you sure you have the LED's in your mirrors? Most aftermarket mirrors state with blind spot, but there are no LED's in the glass. Also, there are 2 wires going to the door control module, black connector. Pin 7 is signal and pin 5 is ground. Use AlfaOBD to turn the mirrors off and see if the error goes away.

Are you sure you have the LED's in your mirrors? Most aftermarket mirrors state with blind spot, but there are no LED's in the glass. Also, there are 2 wires going to the door control module, black connector. Pin 7 is signal and pin 5 is ground. Use AlfaOBD to turn the mirrors off and see if the error goes away.
I have OEM Mirrors that I purchased off Ebay when I added the 360 Cameras to the truck. I am able to go through and power on the LED indicator in the mirrors via Alfa. I can connect to the BSM module in the right side but get an error when trying to connect to the left BSM module

I have OEM Mirrors that I purchased off Ebay when I added the 360 Cameras to the truck. I am able to go through and power on the LED indicator in the mirrors via Alfa. I can connect to the BSM module in the right side but get an error when trying to connect to the left BSM module
That rules the mirrors out. I had the same problem with connecting to the modules, right was fine, left did not connect. Installed new tail lights with new modules, same thing. Bought 2 brand new OEM modules (68263397AE) and they both worked.

That rules the mirrors out. I had the same problem with connecting to the modules, right was fine, left did not connect. Installed new tail lights with new modules, same thing. Bought 2 brand new OEM modules (68263397AE) and they both worked.
I think something may be up with the left side. I have been through now 3 different modules with the same result. Oddly enough, I am also having a problem on the left side where just the running light on the tail light is not working. I plugged my left tail into the right side and it worked. Starting to fear that something worse could be going on.

Double check the harness under the seat and make sure the pins are in the correct location and fully seated. If you say the left taillight works on the right, try communicating with it in alfa when the lights are reversed, just to rule out the taillight assembly.

I think something may be up with the left side. I have been through now 3 different modules with the same result. Oddly enough, I am also having a problem on the left side where just the running light on the tail light is not working. I plugged my left tail into the right side and it worked. Starting to fear that something worse could be going on.
Check your tail light and the plug. Make sure all the pins are straight in the light and all pins are pushed in in the connector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back