5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invisible Glass

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
i have used both spray and aerosol both work great. I prefer the aerosol because it foams a bit. easy to see where you applied. Cant say one is better than the other. Just what you like

Jlr6986

Reaction score
Invisible glass works very well. I use it also to clean the chrome on my Ram. It cleans the chrome wheels better than anything else I've used.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This stuff is the BEST! Been using it for over 10 years and buy it by the case.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an OCD with a clean windshield. I cannot for the life of me get it right. I am using either sprayaway or invisible glass. These products are the best, but I think what you use to clean is more important. I’ve tried paper towels, microfiber cloths.. Even bought the invisible glass handheld cleaning tool. Still streaks. Can anyone recommend something specific? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have an OCD with a clean windshield. I cannot for the life of me get it right. I am using either sprayaway or invisible glass. These products are the best, but I think what you use to clean is more important. I’ve tried paper towels, microfiber cloths.. Even bought the invisible glass handheld cleaning tool. Still streaks. Can anyone recommend something specific? Thank you.
Some say News Paper, but I have never tried it. I have always had great success with a clean microfiber towel and nothing else. Paper towels leave lint which makes it worse.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

I use an old Tshirt from the rag bin. By the time I retire a shirt, they're washed pretty much lint-free. And they're all cotton.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the key is a two micro towel method. First one you liberally soak with the product and clean the glass. Second one (waffle weave is great!) get the rest and no streaks.

flyfingers

Reaction score
When you do finally settle on a your cloth of choice, try to wash them separately if possible adding a bit (1/4 cup or so) of white vinegar to the wash cycle and a splash to the final rinse cycle - no fabric softener. OK to dry them in dryer but don not add fabric softener. Flour sack towel from the Walmart or the thick yellow micro fibers from Costco both work well. Want to up the drying power of them a bit more, dry them about 75% in the dryer and then line dry.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score

Try a "Waffle Weave" microfiber. Spray your glass cleaner on one WW microfiber, then buff clean with a second, dry WW microfiber.

MDram

Reaction score
Maybe its me? Im not a big fan of IG, always seem to leave a haze on my windshield which drives me bonkers, Almost like a smokers haze, and we don't smoke. I don't clean with paper towels either.

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I do am OCD about a clean windshield inside and out, I use the IG spray and these ULINE towels. No streaks, even in direct sunlight

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like Sprayaway products

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use the waffle weave microfiber towels from The Rag Company and Invisible Glass to clean the windows, and Griot's glass sealant. They look great and I barely need my wipers.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Invisible glass is great! I also use Hope’s Perfect Glass or Wurth aerosol glass cleaner (just on exterior) depending on how I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread