5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invisible Glass

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used Invisible Glass until I found Sprayway many, many, many moons ago and never looked back. I got my wife hooked on Sprayway too and she doesn't use anything else.

Newspaper does work but it's messy (ink on your hands) and annoying to work with as you have to take the newspaper apart to use it.

I've had success with different towels. Some are easier than others but technique plays a sizeable part IMO:

1. Warm windows, but not hot (no direct sunlight on the glass).

2. Apply a light foamy coat across the glass (that's why I love the aerosol) and don't let it dry before you clean the glass.

3. Always use a clean-ish towel. If it starts to get dark turn the towel to a clean portion or get a new towel.

4. After cleaning the glass dry it with a different towel.

Even though both towels get dirty I find it to be a better "first pass" at cleaning using separate towels to clean and dry.

If you don't have good light to see the streaks you can use a flashlight to find them before the next time you drive. Nothing irks me more than thinking I've gotten rid of all the streaks and I see them the next time I drive.

Another trick I learned a long time ago is to dry in different directions. I dry horizontally on the glass surfaces inside the cab and vertically on the glass surfaces outside of the cab. This way when I see a streak I immediately know if it is inside or outside.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Waffle or diamond weave micro-fiber towels, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Invisible Glass.

Perhaps you are aware, but ME is a micro-abrasive. OK on glass and ceramics but I'd avoid on virtually anything else.

P.S. ME makes great turntable needle cleaner. Push, don't drag.

Users who are viewing this thread