5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior LED Lights swap out possible?

romean

Reaction score
Just finished installing the kit from Fyre Fly. Amazing! Went in nice and smooth. Thank you to forum member stepbill for posting the info on where each bulb goes, mine didn't have that info in the package either. Got a little confused doing the overhead console lights as I couldn't figure out if they needed the special bulbs. Guess the ones I was thinking of were for the license plate markers and mine are already LED as I got the LED lighting package on the big horn.
Bulbs are bright as hell! You will love these things. Picked them up on ebay which made it a little cheaper than on their website. Also grabbed a set for the wife's 2018 Malibu and she loves hers as well.
Do a search, I found a couple of nice videos to follow online. One is for the overhead console, other was for the rear dome light. Only minor flaw I found was the supplied light for the rear dome was a little smaller than it should have been. Had to bend the tabs a little to help hold the lamp tighter in its place.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Can anyone advise if these will fit under my dash and under the drivers seat rear. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B013QPHI3W/ref=twister_B07Z82FCWH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I have clear white leds in my 19 Limited they seem to have a cover over them. Is there a proper way to get the cover off? The little unit seems to be sealed. I would like to change under the dash and seats to a blue tone.
Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• led1.jpg
    led1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 76
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 73
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ram3321

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is Allen with Fyre Flys LEDs. I will be happy to answer any questions about our kits for the 2019 Ram.

A placement diagram is included so you know which bulb goes where. Detailed instructions are not included but you dont really need them. Installation is very simple and we include a non marring tool to help with the process. We ship the LEDs in a secure, thick bubble lined package so they will arrive safely. We warranty interior bulbs for 2 years and exterior bulbs for 1 year due to more exposure. Attached are a few pics from a customer that got the 5050 series kit. 3014 are even brighter but nothing crazy.

Hi Allen, I just ordered and received the 5050 series kit but did not receive a placement diagram in the package. Do you have an electronic version you can share with me so I know which lights go where?

Thanks

ryco25

Reaction score
One thing that I've noticed: The bulb for the dome light that I ordered is a 41-42mm(actually a 41mm). It's a little small in the socket. It can shake loose if bumped frequently, so I'd assume heavy off road use would shake it loose too. I've ordered one that looks to be just a 42mm, so hopefully it'll fit a little more snugly. I'll let you know when it gets here.

Has anyone had any luck with a larger bulb that 42mm? I squeeze the clamps tighter around the 42mm bulb but still it rattles and loses contact after a day or so of driving.

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
Also the lower glove box (T10 Bulb). I just switched out all these incandescent bulbs on my Limited with the Fyre Flys 3014 Kit along with the third brake light from Antline.

I was very hesitant and cautious when removing the vanity mirror light covers. I attempted the pry tool, small flat head, and pick with no success. Using a flat razorblade worked perfect for me as it was the only thing that fit in the gap. I pushed it straight in till it bottomed out and pried outward gently to lift the covers out. Pics attached. You can see the four small tabs that hold each cover in.

View attachment 32225
View attachment 32226
View attachment 32227
View attachment 32228

Perfect, just ordered Red LED's from Diode Dynamic, and now I know what to do

Can't wait to install them and post the pics here

Rogues Gambit

Reaction score
As promised.... 29 MM is the correct size. All went in with no issues. I changed them while I waited for my daughter to get out basketball practice this morning. As with most LED's if it doesn't light up, flip the bulb. I used JDM Astar bulbs because I used JDM Astar in all the interior bulbs I changed and I like the color of those led's.

Just did it, might of left a few scratches on the edges and stuff, but it's not noticable compared to the end results

Well worth $20
IMG_20200209_132149.jpg IMG_20200209_131816.jpg IMG_20200209_131918.jpg IMG_20200209_132105.jpg IMG_20200209_132534.jpg IMG_20200209_131702.jpg

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with a larger bulb that 42mm? I squeeze the clamps tighter around the 42mm bulb but still it rattles and loses contact after a day or so of driving.
I just bought interior LEDs from LasFit. I haven't installed them yet but the dome light bulb is 44mm.

19silveram

Reaction score
Hi Allen, I just ordered and received the 5050 series kit but did not receive a placement diagram in the package. Do you have an electronic version you can share with me so I know which lights go where?

Thanks
I'm curious too as I want to order some lights

so is everyone suggesting this 5050 series kit or another? Looking to do this while home for a bit.

thanks

19silveram

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is Allen with Fyre Flys LEDs. I will be happy to answer any questions about our kits for the 2019 Ram.

A placement diagram is included so you know which bulb goes where. Detailed instructions are not included but you dont really need them. Installation is very simple and we include a non marring tool to help with the process. We ship the LEDs in a secure, thick bubble lined package so they will arrive safely. We warranty interior bulbs for 2 years and exterior bulbs for 1 year due to more exposure. Attached are a few pics from a customer that got the 5050 series kit. 3014 are even brighter but nothing crazy.
I just ordered from ebay so looking forward to installing and reporting back.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Vanity visor lights, the third brake light and the two bed cargo lights (on each side of the third brake light) are not LED. Everything else on the limited is LED.

One update, the lower glovebox light is also not LED on the Limited. Easy to replace though!

2face

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the 5050 series from Fyre Flys? I only got 10 bulbs(ice blue), an installation tool with no instructions. I thought it was supposed to have 15 bulbs? I emailed them last week but haven’t recieved a reply back unfortunately :(

tfitz44

Reaction score
For those of you who also wish FCA had just put in suitably bright interior lighting in the first place, here are some pictures on the easiest way I found to install the replacement map lights.

First, the map light covers are VERY tight tolerance to the console. So I used a razor blade to pry them out (pic 1) ...

I put little arrows to the tabs that hold them in, so you want to pry everywhere but there (pic 2) ...

I recommend taking the whole console out to both take out the bulbs and to install the new ones. The sockets for the bulbs are very flimsy and aren’t held in very well. If you get to the inside of the console you can push the bulbs out and hold the sockets in place while you push the new ones in (pic 3) ...

Like others have mentioned, you take the console out by removing the two screws behind the sunglasses holder, and then squeezing the tabs next to them (green arrows on pic 4). This drops the front (windshield) side down. Then go to the back and pry the back clips down. These clips want to pry straight down, not angled from the front (red circles on pic 4).

Then you can disconnect the wiring and take it inside to do the bulb stuff.

Interestingly, I found the design of the reflector part of the lights to be such that even with very bright replacement LEDs the lighting provided by these is poor.
I did that, and just like you said the whole console came out easily. And you weren’t kidding about how flimsy the sockets are. Unfortunately, when taking out the bulb for the driver side, the contact broke. I was able to straighten it out but I don’t think it’s making good contact now. When I want to turn just that one light on, both map lights turn on along with the dome light. The passenger side map light works fine. Any suggestions? Maybe I could solder that broken connection.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score

XmikeX

Reaction score
Just got my Frye kit and so far all the lights have been good EXCEPT for the dome light. First off the bulbs ends are smaller than OEM and just wiggle in there. Yes I can pinch the clips together and maybe get them tight enough to hold the light but I’m looking for more oem fitment. Secondly, the dome light stays on after all the other lights go off. I waited a couple minutes and it didn’t go off.

any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread