5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interior Cluster

djlopo

Reaction score
Good Morning,

First post here. On my 2019 Big Horn, I'm experiencing a very minor issue that is barely noticeable but I'd like to resolve. On my instrument cluster the digital speedometer layout will "ghost" into the cluster. For example, if you switch between speedometer and the fuel mileage display you still see the 70MPH faded into the screen. It goes away after 10 seconds. Anyone else have this issue?

Only other issues ive had with my truck were handled with simple software upgrades (the ANC drone noise and the radio black screen). I imagine this will be something similar.

Thanks!

djlopo

Reaction score
Sorry to add to my first post but I believe the acronym is the EVIC.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have heard of the main display ghosting the camera but don’t remember hearing that about the cluster. Definitely needs a trip to dealer. Good luck. Let’s us know what happens

djlopo

Reaction score
I have heard of the main display ghosting the camera but don’t remember hearing that about the cluster. Definitely needs a trip to dealer. Good luck. Let’s us know what happens
Thank you,

It is very faint. I describe it as ghosting because the fade goes away. Also, today was the first cold day here in the Northeast. My truck is garage kept. I had the lines on the center screen which required a software upgrade. Assuming this will be the same. This is very faint not noticeable unless looking really hard for it

RamCares

Reaction score
Good Morning,

First post here. On my 2019 Big Horn, I'm experiencing a very minor issue that is barely noticeable but I'd like to resolve. On my instrument cluster the digital speedometer layout will "ghost" into the cluster. For example, if you switch between speedometer and the fuel mileage display you still see the 70MPH faded into the screen. It goes away after 10 seconds. Anyone else have this issue?

Only other issues ive had with my truck were handled with simple software upgrades (the ANC drone noise and the radio black screen). I imagine this will be something similar.

Thanks!

Hi djlopo,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck! If you are in need of any additional support while you address this with your dealer, please know that our team is just a private message away and more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Patsy1099

Reaction score
Thank you,

It is very faint. I describe it as ghosting because the fade goes away. Also, today was the first cold day here in the Northeast. My truck is garage kept. I had the lines on the center screen which required a software upgrade. Assuming this will be the same. This is very faint not noticeable unless looking really hard for it

while it’s frustrating for sure the issues you are having “should be” straightforward to resolve with a trip to the dealer. Maybe a software update and possibly camera or head unit. I don’t think these issues are the ones that linger. If I were you though I would read up on the TSBs in the TSB thread and see which ones might apply to your vehicle regarding these issues. You might also want to PM @RamCares to have them document everything and possibly assist you with any TSBs. They can also be of help in contacting your dealership and giving them the necessary info in the event your dealer isn’t familiar with your issues. This way you don’t take a frustrating experience on your new truck and have it snowball. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread