5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance rates

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
155k miles 2008 Escalade to the 2017 longhorn. Paying $10 less per month. Being the honest guy I am I looked at the local rep and had her double check that and then walked out with a smirk. Don't know how that adds up but I'll take it.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No increase for me. I think they figure i pay enough already. $500 a month (no that is not a typo) Wife 2018 JLU Rubicon, Me 2019 Ram Rebel, 18yr old daughter 2013 Hyundai Elantra, 16yr old son 2015 Honda Civic. all full coverage with $250 deductables. guess you pay to play.
I feel ya....$573 a month for me. Me - 2019 RAM, Wife - 2018 Malibu, 19 yo daughter - 2016 Cruze, 18 yo son - 2003 Altima. I expect that will be cut by more than half if my kids ever move out.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel ya....$573 a month for me. Me - 2019 RAM, Wife - 2018 Malibu, 19 yo daughter - 2016 Cruze, 18 yo son - 2003 Altima. I expect that will be cut by more than half if my kids ever move out.
hate to bust your bubble but by the time your kids move out it will be the norm for your wife and yourself with two cars! At Least for us it did or very near to it...lol.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The state and area you live in makes a difference.

I live in Rochester, New York. I've been with Metlife for over 20 years. My 2010 cost me $717 a year, full coverage ($500 deductible). My 2014 actually went down to $707 a year for the same coverage. For the first time in 20 years I had a claim on the 2014 for stone damage.

My 2019 went to $954. The one explanation I got so far is the resale value on Rams has increased exponentially.

Or maybe I'm paying back the insurance company for my last claim?!

Best regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 008048 miles.

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My insurance went up $60 as well. I went from a 2007 Honda Civic coupe 87,000 miles to this bad boy.

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Mine surprised me too. I went from a 2017 Laramie CC 4x2 to a 2019 Laramie CC 4x4. My insurance went down $50 a year.

Groveville

Reaction score
Went from a 2014 GMC Sierra to the 2019 Bighorn and my premium decreased by $30 per year.....

c_l_phillips72

Reaction score
I had a 2018 Camaro ZL1 (supercharged V8 engine, and CRAZY fast) and was paying around $1k/year for insurance at Geico. Everywhere else was double that, or more. That's with a clean driving record for 20 years, and excellent credit.

My new truck is about the same cost at Geico.

kittyjo

Reaction score
25$ For full coverage lol don’t know how but I’ll take

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bringing an old thread back to life. Time for an update.

Curious what your all paying for insurance on your new RAM.

Mine went up $18/month from my 2017 Laramie. Currently pay $529 for 6 months or $88/month. Doesn’t seem bad but I was expecting more discounts over 50 years old. My rates never change and actually increased.

Been using American Family for over 30 years. $500 ded for collision and $100 ded for comp. Over 50 and have a clear record with no at fault accidents ever.

I haven’t shopped around for cheaper rates but think it may be time. Seems like a lot of competition out there.

Last edited:

2019REBEL

Reaction score
Mine is $632/year for 2019 Rebel. Usually drops about 10 % per year.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Recently upgraded from a 2017 to a 2020 laramie. Insurance through Geiko. My policy went up $17.36 every 6 months. Not bad.

Always remember to shop around every couple years.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Mine went up $18/month from my 2017 Laramie. Currently pay $529 for 6 months or $88/month. Doesn’t seem bad but I was expecting more discounts over 50 years old. My rates never change and actually increased.

Been using American Family for over 30 years. $500 ded for collision and $100 ded for comp. Over 50 and have a clear record with no at fault accidents ever.

I haven’t shopped around for cheaper rates but think it may be time. Seems like a lot of competition out there.

My State Farm policy is $363 every 6 months with the same deductibles as yours. Clean record with no accidents and over 50.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

If you have Am Fam you are in WI? Try Acuity. I have had them 5 years. Just shopped around a couple months ago at my policy renewal (3 agents covering 50 companies probably, including AF) and still the cheapest, and they have great customer service and claims service. They are a little more on auto than some others but have really good pricing on home, boat, and umbrella policies. They also have guaranteed replacement on home, not "value + 20%" like AF, and your money goes to Sheboygan instead of Madison. If you get a quote have the agent quote the "per pak" and "road and residence" options. For me the per pak is cheaper (it is more peacemeal, adding endorsements you want, while the r&r is more like a bundle of endorsements included).

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I pay $600 year for my Ram. Jumped up about $200 over my 2000 F250. I shop around when I see my rates start inching up. Last time I switched from State Farm because my rates jumped from around $2000 to around $2600 per year for three vehicles. A couple years ago I called my agent asked if he could lower the rate, he said he couldn't, so I switched and saved around $600 a year.

Dewey

Reaction score
If you have Am Fam you are in WI? Try Acuity. I have had them 5 years. Just shopped around a couple months ago at my policy renewal (3 agents covering 50 companies probably, including AF) and still the cheapest, and they have great customer service and claims service. They are a little more on auto than some others but have really good pricing on home, boat, and umbrella policies. They also have guaranteed replacement on home, not "value + 20%" like AF, and your money goes to Sheboygan instead of Madison. If you get a quote have the agent quote the "per pak" and "road and residence" options. For me the per pak is cheaper (it is more peacemeal, adding endorsements you want, while the r&r is more like a bundle of endorsements included).
Just got a quote from Acuity. For two vehicles, home and umbrella they came in at $76/month less than American Family. That’s 26% less than I pay now. Didn’t add in my boat but that’s only $8 a month now so not a major deal.

Gonna check a few more but expect the same. American Family has a reputation for higher rates.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a quote from Acuity. For two vehicles, home and umbrella they came in at $76/month less than American Family. That’s 26% less than I pay now. Didn’t add in my boat but that’s only $8 a month now so not a major deal.

Gonna check a few more but expect the same. American Family has a reputation for higher rates.

AmFam and AAA were close to Acuity for me, about $100 more total (two autos and two drivers, home, boat, umbrella). Acuity has better policy conditions, though. Some others (AF, Geico, AAA) were less on auto but almost double on home. Acuity gives a huge discount on home if you bundle with auto.

tmonge71

Reaction score
Auto insurance carriers have many rating perimeters anymore. Obviously every State can be different but policit’s are rated not just on age and record but in many cases insurance (credit) scores. I am licensed in four states and every compan appetite is different and constantly changing. I tell all my clients you are best off checking quotes every 2 to 3 years top. Last thing to remember in this environment of high inflation insurance gets hit twice. Insurance premiums are held to pay future claims on a pool of policies. If the dollars that pay the premiums are worth less and it takes more dollars to cover the future claims…double whammy! Elections do matter…definitely when it comes to monetary policy!

Users who are viewing this thread