5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insurance rates

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I'm expecting delivery any day now on my new Laramie, so I just went to State Farm's website and got a quote on replacing my existing 2010 Silverado. Current rates are $354.46/6 mos and the new rate will jump to $500.91/6 mos. That's $24/mo increase, which isn't all that surprising since the new truck's value is so much more than the existing (regardless of safety features).

d_THRILL

Reaction score
I went from paying $699.02 every 6 months for a Nissan Xterra Pro-4X to $1,023.87 every 6 months for my 19' Ram. That's more than a 45% increase! Before I bought the Ram, I was about to buy a brand new Raptor which I received a quote for $796.39 every 6 months. After changing my mind on the Raptor, I didn't even think to get a quote from State Farm on the Ram 1500 thinking it would definitely be cheaper than the Raptor. So on the day I purchased the Ram I called State Farm to drop the Xterra and add the Ram. A week later I received the premium and was SHOCKED. Talked to my agent who basically said Rams pay out on more claims than the Raptor. He tried every which way to get me a lower premium, but I didn't want to sacrifice the current coverage I have so I sucked it up. I didn't shop insurance anywhere else because the agent is a friend of the family. But not happy about the premium to say the least.

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I went from paying $699.02 every 6 months for a Nissan Xterra Pro-4X to $1,023.87 every 6 months for my 19' Ram. That's more than a 45% increase! Before I bought the Ram, I was about to buy a brand new Raptor which I received a quote for $796.39 every 6 months. After changing my mind on the Raptor, I didn't even think to get a quote from State Farm on the Ram 1500 thinking it would definitely be cheaper than the Raptor. So on the day I purchased the Ram I called State Farm to drop the Xterra and add the Ram. A week later I received the premium and was SHOCKED. Talked to my agent who basically said Rams pay out on more claims than the Raptor. He tried every which way to get me a lower premium, but I didn't want to sacrifice the current coverage I have so I sucked it up. I didn't shop insurance anywhere else because the agent is a friend of the family. But not happy about the premium to say the least.

I was quoted roughly $870/6 months for full coverage from Enompass. This is my first truck in a long time and I’m not immediately selling the vehicle I have so it would be like comparing apples and Oranges.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Anyone here coming from another brand to their 2019? It’s costibg me $60/month more to insure this Ram than it did my f150. Even though this has far more safety features. My mind is really blown at this. I’m not understanding why this is. Anyone else have something similar to this?
:eek:

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
I was quoted roughly $870/6 months for full coverage from Enompass. This is my first truck in a long time and I’m not immediately selling the vehicle I have so it would be like comparing apples and Oranges.
Correction,
I was quoted $690/6 months from Encompass. But that’s ina edition to having two other vehicles and home owner’s through them so I imagine that’s getting a bit of a discount

DaYooper

Reaction score
You guys had me in panic mode as I normally call about insurance before changing vehicles.

I talked to my agent today and my 2011 Sierra is $470 while the new 2019 Ram will be $620. Not too bad considering, but our 2017 Tahoe with an MSRP about the same as the Ram is about $500. The agent said Ram's are always more expensive that the GM/Ford equivalent models.

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
It's got a lot to do where you are located along with other things. . My Ram is $395/ 60 mo. My brother i law lives in new orleans and pays $3200/6mo to insure a 2017 Ford Taurus and a 2006 F150. Had one minor accident in the last 2 years.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine went up exponentially! From $354 every 6 to $690!! My company told me it was “too new” and wasn’t rated yet. There was no 2019 in their system yet....we will see next renewal but it was odd. I’m not keen on switching to a company like Geico or Progressive as there are clear reasons why their rates are so low. I will switch to a new company however, if this doesn’t come down in a big way. Btw, clean driving record too.
weird. state farm has this truck in their system. Appears your company is punishing you for their own issue

Reaction score
My 19 limited went down $6 a year from my 2016 high country Silverado through liberty mutual.

craigrh13

Reaction score
I’m with State Farm. Seems like a big State Farm issue with these trucks. Also, I love Michigan but hate the insurance rates here.

Douglas31

Reaction score
Mine went up a little more than$10 a month from a 2014 Ram even with the new car discount. I can’t remember the article I read but it had said rates have been increasing in general for all cars over the last year.

Bdhays63

Reaction score
Mine went up $30 to $246.82 for a 6 month period. Coming from a 2018 Silverado. Live in North Carolina. I have Progressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online