5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In what month did they first start producing the 5th gens?

bigoldthor

Reaction score
Was it January 2018? Mine was built in January 2020 so I guess that's about two full years to get the bugs worked out. Just curious.

Paul V

Reaction score
Mine was built late December, 2019. I'm taking it in tomorrow to fix a back window leak with 1,300 miles. They claim a re-seal will fix it.

TimG

Reaction score
IIRC, the first ones rolled off the line in May of 18.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine was built late December, 2019. I'm taking it in tomorrow to fix a back window leak with 1,300 miles. They claim a re-seal will fix it.

Hi Paul,

If you are in need of any additional support while addressing this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message.

Mark
RamCares

DakotaRam

Reaction score
Iirc they started hitting the dealers lots by April 1st, 2018. Not sure of the actual production date start up.

Brrryan

Reaction score
Mine was April 2018. I’m at 21k miles without a single problem, which is irrelevant to the conversation. I do believe actual production began in mid-January, but I could be wrong

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If the first ones started shipping in March the first one almost certainly came off the line in January. There's typically a 1-3 month lag time before there's enough product to ship. Car makers want to create pent up demand but there needs to be enough product to get it on the street and create a buzz at the same time. Nobody (well, maybe Ferrari) is going to ship 100 units. They need enough nationwide to have people seeing them and wanting them.

Ickabod

Reaction score
My build date is 02/20/2018. It didn't hit the dealer lot til April.

Users who are viewing this thread