5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-Bed Molle Panels

Quick disconnect or no quick disconnect mounting option

• Quick disconnect

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Permanent mount

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

jfelten029

Reaction score
Alright guys! We got our first prototype panel cut out today on the plasma. We also came to an agreement with a local off-road shop that can laser cut everything which will lower the price. Also CJC is interested in possibly distributing. Next steps are to get a full assembly bolted into my truck for testing and finish the tweaks on the bed side panel. Once all of that is over we will most likely take pre-orders and use either PayPal or quickbooks, these orders will be at a discounted price as they will be first run parts, we just want to get the panels out and get feedback. Then we will hopefully begin discussing the distribution deal with CJC. ADMIN: this post is not for selling product, I know that’s against the rules! AC45F0F7-4052-469B-B9DB-786242AADA74.jpeg

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright guys! We got our first prototype panel cut out today on the plasma. We also came to an agreement with a local off-road shop that can laser cut everything which will lower the price. Also CJC is interested in possibly distributing. Next steps are to get a full assembly bolted into my truck for testing and finish the tweaks on the bed side panel. Once all of that is over we will most likely take pre-orders and use either PayPal or quickbooks, these orders will be at a discounted price as they will be first run parts, we just want to get the panels out and get feedback. Then we will hopefully begin discussing the distribution deal with CJC. ADMIN: this post is not for selling product, I know that’s against the rules! View attachment 69586

Love it. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
Alright guys! We got our first prototype panel cut out today on the plasma. We also came to an agreement with a local off-road shop that can laser cut everything which will lower the price. Also CJC is interested in possibly distributing. Next steps are to get a full assembly bolted into my truck for testing and finish the tweaks on the bed side panel. Once all of that is over we will most likely take pre-orders and use either PayPal or quickbooks, these orders will be at a discounted price as they will be first run parts, we just want to get the panels out and get feedback. Then we will hopefully begin discussing the distribution deal with CJC. ADMIN: this post is not for selling product, I know that’s against the rules! View attachment 69586
Amazing

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

MacFly

Reaction score
If these take off and things don't work out with your current shop mass producing these, I know some guys with a badass machine shop in AZ. CNC, plasma cutters, laser cutters, water-jet cutters, all that jazz. They do all kinds of stuff, including components for Dillon Precision and the military with IED energy absorption components for personnel carriers. Just hit me up if you wanna get in touch with them and see about pricing.

jfelten029

Reaction score
If these take off and things don't work out with your current shop mass producing these, I know some guys with a badass machine shop in AZ. CNC, plasma cutters, laser cutters, water-jet cutters, all that jazz. They do all kinds of stuff, including components for Dillon Precision and the military with IED energy absorption components for personnel carriers. Just hit me up if you wanna get in touch with them and see about pricing.
Thanks! We’ll keep it in mind!

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Curious on how it mounts. I probably would keep light duty stuff, jumper cables, floor jack, small toolbox, maybe gas can. I am thinking a side mount would be ideal because I still have full length of bed. Would this install with factory points? I don't want to drill any new holes.

jfelten029

Reaction score
Curious on how it mounts. I probably would keep light duty stuff, jumper cables, floor jack, small toolbox, maybe gas can. I am thinking a side mount would be ideal because I still have full length of bed. Would this install with factory points? I don't want to drill any new holes.
Right now the panels require drilling and installing rivet nuts into the bed of the truck. Built right industries do something similar to this as well. Once we can, we will make panels that work with the existing bed tracks of ram 1500s. The current panels are designed around the Ram HD platform.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Right now the panels require drilling and installing rivet nuts into the bed of the truck. Built right industries do something similar to this as well. Once we can, we will make panels that work with the existing bed tracks of ram 1500s. The current panels are designed around the Ram HD platform.
Hope it is successful for you guys. I would love an option that works for me but understand that may not be realistic right away.

jfelten029

Reaction score
Hope it is successful for you guys. I would love an option that works for me but understand that may not be realistic right away.
Thanks man! Ya, once we get a CAD of the truck bed we’ll possibly be able to come up with a clean no drill design. Getting CADs of these truck is EXTREMELY difficult. I spoke with the owner of CJC off road yesterday and they went with SEMA for CAD and still haven’t heard back and it’s been 4 months. However, with this design, once the panel is removed you can simply bolt the button head screws included in the kit back into the rivet nuts that were installed in the bed and it will give you a clean OEMesk look. Since we decided to go with the rivet nuts we knew we had to chose hole location and hardware carefully to ensure it looks as clean as possible.

BNeal

Reaction score
Looks like you're using steel or aluminum. Have you considered a composite of some sort to possibly reduce weight?

Great looking product!! Best of luck with it!

jfelten029

Reaction score
We are planning on 11ga steel with heavy-duty powder coating. We have thought about composites! It's more of a possibility not that we have a laser cutter to work with. The first-gen panel will still be steel to see how it sells then we will go from there.

jfelten029

Reaction score
Alright, everyone. Just so you all know, this project is far from dead. We have made several changes to the panel design to reduce the price and increase the rigidity and structural integrity of the panel. We are also working on TONS of accessory options for the panels. Here are a few images of the panels. We have gone back and forth with several manufacturers and have found a great option here in town that can do everything start to finish on the panels this keeps quality consistent and price low. We have several different distributors ready to order the panels in quantities of 10 to start off. We are anticipating a price range for the front panel to be around $300-$350. The name of the LLC formed for our panels is Icky Concepts (if you're from Nevada you'll get it). We don't have a website yet. We are 99.9% sure this is the production design

panel front view.png panel iso.png Rotopax.png hi-lift and storage.png chase light mount.png

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
Have you heard of a Roxor? We could use one of these as a bulkhead behind the seats for this purpose.
If you could make one of those that community would be excited.

dtlrshp

Reaction score
FYI this thread sparked my interest, and a quick google search revealed that Putco makes them for the ram 1500

I’m in no way affiliated, but probably beneficial for the OP to be aware of this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread