5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In-Bed Molle Panels

Quick disconnect or no quick disconnect mounting option

• Quick disconnect

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Permanent mount

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

jfelten029

Reaction score
Hey all. I am in the process of developing in bed molle panels for the 2014-2020 Ram HD trucks. These panels are similar to what builtright industries and victory 4x4 do for other vehicles. Let me know what you all think. Images attached. The design is still being fine tuned. But let me know what you all think or have any questions.
1599599265665.png 1599599280221.png 1599599290267.png

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
This is amazing. I've been waiting for someone to do this. Just HD? No 1500 options? What about RamBox?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

jfelten029

Reaction score
We will be working on 1500, ram box, HD 8' bed options, half panels, and more. We are still in the beginning stages of this and gauging interest! We are getting a lot of positive feedback! We hope to start some prototyping next week for the front bed molle panel. Any suggestions or ideas?

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
We will be working on 1500, ram box, HD 8' bed options, half panels, and more. We are still in the beginning stages of this and gauging interest! We are getting a lot of positive feedback! We hope to start some prototyping next week for the front bed molle panel. Any suggestions or ideas?
I second the chainsaw mount, hilift mount.

I'm mostly excited about the front panel. I'd put that on yesterday. How can we follow progress?

jfelten029

Reaction score
I'll try to post updates on here and hopefully get some social media set up at some point! So the holes on the panel allow for rotopax mounting. Misc molle mounting. Quick fist mounting. I have had a mock up on a previous concept with a hilift mounted with the usual 3/8-16 bolts. (see attached) I know people have used quick fists to mount chain saws (which is something i need for my truck as well) so we will find a way to make that work.
1599602353482.png

rambts

Reaction score
im definitely interested, would love to see both front of box and side wall panels for the 1500.

jfelten029

Reaction score
im definitely interested, would love to see both front of box and side wall panels for the 1500.
That will all be coming your way! This came from me building an "overland" rig with my new 2020 3500 megacab and not being able to find the accessories a wanted. So being an engineer, I decided to just make it myself!

Mitragliatrice

Reaction score
That will all be coming your way! This came from me building an "overland" rig with my new 2020 3500 megacab and not being able to find the accessories a wanted. So being an engineer, I decided to just make it myself!
Amazing. I'm building an overlanding rig right now and this is very much missed. This is my current bed. Right without what you're doing. I'll be a day 1 preorder so don't lose me in the development. Maybe kickstart this.
fd295ec2c8b09f2fc12964b0a2b15fe4.jpg

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd been eyeing what BuiltRight did for a while and saw what some folks DIY'd in the past - I'm glad to see you making this product!

I'd use front and sides for my Rebel's 5'7" bed for sure. I'd like to see the possibility of quick removal of panels (hinged at the top, quick releases along the walls or similar) if even for the back of the box to allow full depth use when needed.

I could also see using these for misc cam-buckle tie downs of gear in the bed.

Please also allow clearance for clamps from toppers / tonnaeu covers.

and I'll take a pre-production beta version if you're looking for a tester, thanks :D

jfelten029

Reaction score
Amazing. I'm building an overlanding rig right now and this is very much missed. This is my current bed. Right without what you're doing. I'll be a day 1 preorder so don't lose me in the development. Maybe kickstart this.
fd295ec2c8b09f2fc12964b0a2b15fe4.jpg

I'm glad to hear this would help you! It's going to help me a lot too! I will let you know when we are ready for orders. Right now we have a plasma table to do at least the prototyping with we may move to laser or water jet sending on what material we go with. We will do made to order in the beginning until we can justify stocking parts.

jfelten029

Reaction score
I'd been eyeing what BuiltRight did for a while and saw what some folks DIY'd in the past - I'm glad to see you making this product!

I'd use front and sides for my Rebel's 5'7" bed for sure. I'd like to see the possibility of quick removal of panels (hinged at the top, quick releases along the walls or similar) if even for the back of the box to allow full depth use when needed.

I could also see using these for misc cam-buckle tie downs of gear in the bed.

Please also allow clearance for clamps from toppers / tonnaeu covers.

and I'll take a pre-production beta version if you're looking for a tester, thanks :D
I'll post about beta testing when the time comes! We will need testing. We are doing our best to work with tonneau covers but companies are very particular about who gets to use their CAD models. Quick-release is a great idea! We will play with it! We'll look into the cam buckle tie-downs too! All great ideas!

jfelten029

Reaction score
I’d be interested in the front and sides for a rambox, especially if it could work with the OEM rails.
We need some info to use the OEM rails. What bolt do you use to attach accessories to the rail system?

rambts

Reaction score
I’d be interested in the front and sides for a rambox, especially if it could work with the OEM rails.

this.

one of the issues with the molle panels being permanently mounted is that it becomes very difficult to re-arrange your mounts as reaching the backside is near impossible
unless you remove the entire panel which is a royal pain. having a quick disconnect feature to pull the panel off so that you can move your mounts would be ideal.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is incredible...sign me up as soon as you get it done for the 1500’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZHUND

Reaction score
Hey all. I am in the process of developing in bed molle panels for the 2014-2020 Ram HD trucks. These panels are similar to what builtright industries and victory 4x4 do for other vehicles. Let me know what you all think. Images attached. The design is still being fine tuned. But let me know what you all think or have any questions.
View attachment 68032 View attachment 68033 View attachment 68034

Seems kinda cruel to post this in the 5th gen 1500 section then say it is only for the HD trucks. Would be very interested if for the 5th gen since nothing else on the market for it. Mains care about for me are multiple rotopax mount spots and minimal drilling into bed required.

jfelten029

Reaction score
Seems kinda cruel to post this in the 5th gen 1500 section then say it is only for the HD trucks. Would be very interested if for the 5th gen since nothing else on the market for it. Mains care about for me are multiple rotopax mount spots and minimal drilling into bed required.
If I’m being honest I didn’t realize this was the 1500 section! Sorry! But yes, all panels will have sections for rotopax. The main panel will hopefully fit 4 rotopax. 1500’s should require less drilling if we can utilize the OEM rails (which we will be doing). We will begin the 1500 design soon. First we have to get the prototype done to solidify design concepts.

AZHUND

Reaction score
If I’m being honest I didn’t realize this was the 1500 section! Sorry! But yes, all panels will have sections for rotopax. The main panel will hopefully fit 4 rotopax. 1500’s should require less drilling if we can utilize the OEM rails (which we will be doing). We will begin the 1500 design soon. First we have to get the prototype done to solidify design concepts.
Awesome. You make it, price it reasonable, and I will be ordering at least the front panel and likely a side too. Haven’t seen a good option for my rotopax gear or traction boards yet, so I won’t (and likely plenty of others) have any option but to give you my money...

Users who are viewing this thread