5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm down to two Rebels..which way would you go.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry for being sceptical, but the 5th Gen Rams haven't had one winter yet... sorry, after my experience and FCA's response, never again unless it was free lifetime warranty.

BUT, I will concede I have seen very few fairweather complaints. So take my experience with a grain of salt.

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep overland has air suspension and “knock on wood” never had a freezing issue. Or any air suspension issue rather. I did have to replace the front lines under warranty but that’s because the dealer was doing other unrelated work and they caused the connection to leak and it was all one piece so they had to replace the lines.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2011 Jeep overland has air suspension and “knock on wood” never had a freezing issue. Or any air suspension issue rather. I did have to replace the front lines under warranty but that’s because the dealer was doing other unrelated work and they caused the connection to leak and it was all one piece so they had to replace the lines.
Jeep guys always chime in. Not a good comparison. Apples and Oranges. But I digress, not getting pulled into an air ride debate, the poor guy just wants advice on getting a good deal.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
how do you like to soft tonneau?

Its a little early to decide, I always had the soft tonneau that rolled up and velcro on the sides, after time, they stretched and drove me nuts flapping down the highway. This is from the factory, along with the steps. Its a tri fold, so it doesnt open as far as my old one, but its much more stabile

KJRam

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just assumed they used similar components to show that air suspension isn’t necessarily bad and it’s been around a while but I don’t live in 0 and below conditions for extended periods of time either.

Picking the coil suspension gives you the advantage of probably getting a lift kit too if that’s what you desire.

farf02

2019 Rebel
Reaction score
I have air suspension on my 2018 Trailhawk. At 28,000 miles and 2 alignments, all signs point to the constantly changing suspension giving me uneven tire wear. Its a company car that gets new tires every 30-35,000 miles anyway, but for me, other than impressing my friends by lifting it, I wouldn't order it.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
Its a little early to decide, I always had the soft tonneau that rolled up and velcro on the sides, after time, they stretched and drove me nuts flapping down the highway. This is from the factory, along with the steps. Its a tri fold, so it doesnt open as far as my old one, but its much more stabile
I love the factory steps!

Marty3374

Reaction score
Both rebels are almost identical, Rebel A has tow mirrors, air suspension and is red/black Rebel B has foldable mirrors, is all red and has coil suspension Here is the interesting part.

Rebel A is a newer build and is more expensive because option pricing has changed + air suspension

Rebel B is at a dealer with a bad reputation. Taking dealer trade out of the equation, I assume going w rebel B is riskier due to the reputation and older build date

Thoughts?
I bought B! Anyway go to the dealer you like and tell them you want the truck at the other dealer, thats what I did. My dealer just had my truck ttansferred to them

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would say old build vs new build...take the checklist @firecadet613 made, look over the poll @YoAdrian did for problems/issues/fixed and check the trucks over.

I know, it is a new truck, shouldn't have to check it over like a used truck. But the truth is you do.

But in your other posts you said you wanted folding mirrors...so that makes this easy.

Good luck

Bwarren2

Reaction score
I bought B! Anyway go to the dealer you like and tell them you want the truck at the other dealer, thats what I did. My dealer just had my truck ttansferred to them

Did you go w all red or red and black for your rebel?

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer, which is across from where I work) got a red Rebel (all red) in today. Very nice looking truck. It's next to a silver Limited which looks "tame" compared to it!

Mikeg

Reaction score
Mine is all red but I do like the black stripe, just not glossy
can you share a side pic. so i can see what the lift looks like? also, do ypu keep the truck in a garage and does it still fit.

Bwarren2

Reaction score
can you share a side pic. so i can see what the lift looks like? also, do ypu keep the truck in a garage and does it still fit.

I just found this vidoe os a lifted 18, looks awesome

Mikeg

Reaction score
yeah, ive seen that and agree, that is a bad *** truck.

HawkeyeRecon

Reaction score
I wouldn't want to buy from dealer B but I also wouldn't get a Rebel with air suspension. I've heard of plenty of issues with it, especially in cold climates but my reason would be that if you ever want to level or lift your truck the air suspension won't work with most solutions.

Users who are viewing this thread