5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you've had the rear window leak...

E.Hands

Reaction score
Ram dealer needed photos of all over the truck to send to Stellantis. "To make sure we aren't gaming the system." Yes, because the dealer isn't jam packed with service and warranty work anyway...

Estimated 3+ month wait for the window.

I'll be accessing the RF hub so I can cover it with a plastic bag in the meantime.

Unfortunately I also have the driver fender leak. Mechanically this truck has been great. Assembly has been dog ****e. I have cars that are 40 and 50 years old that don't leak.
Where is this "RF Hub"? Has anyone done a DIY on water proofing it?
Is this it?
1716496615443.png

Nstoolman1

Reaction score
Is this it?
View attachment 183716
I took a zip loc baggy and put it over the top as far as it would go down and then put a zip tie around it to help hold it in place. Waterproof???? Not hardly but I think the truck would have to be underwater for it to get wet enough to effect it. If that were to happen you have bigger things to worry about. I also checked the vents to be sure they were installed correctly.

Rambilt

Reaction score
******UPDATE******

I have another leak. I came out to the truck today during the rain and all interior windows were fogged. I guess I have to start this process over again. 21,000 miles and a year and a half old or so.

For those of you who have owned a Ram with a leak at the back window and had it fixed by replacing the entire rear window, did it return eventually?
I had my rear window replaced about 4 months ago and so far no leak yet.

v/r

Pribilof

Reaction score
Pretty unbelievable. XL1 for the rear window is not attached to my VIN even though my 2019 should be covered by build date and options codes listed on the TSB - and I even received the warranty letter. Last Stellantis product ever for me. I've never had so much trouble (multiple times) getting warranty items covered. Subaru, Toyota, Audi, Ford, Chevy, Porsche always covered warranty items without a fight.

cerbo

Reaction score
Is this it?
View attachment 183716
wonder if the unit gets warm or needs to be open or if condensation is possible by covering it up (without a leak)? Just thinking out loud before making a problem where there is none, LOL.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update on mine after about 2 months. *Knock on wood* so far so good. It's rained about 200" (at least it feels like it) here in the past 2 months. A couple storms have been 2-3" in an hour with 60mph winds type, so they've been severe. No water on the back window or under the seat.

INVISBLE

Reaction score
My original window fram cracked back during the 'Rona hysteria and they had no replacements available back then anyway. So i just waited. The at some point last year RAM extended a warranty on the window and the 3rd brakelight. I finally was able to schedule the repair earlier this year. The swap was handled by a local glass company of whom offered their own warranty on the repair as well as RAM did too. So far I have had no leaks.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
My original window fram cracked back during the 'Rona hysteria and they had no replacements available back then anyway. So i just waited. The at some point last year RAM extended a warranty on the window and the 3rd brakelight. I finally was able to schedule the repair earlier this year. The swap was handled by a local glass company of whom offered their own warranty on the repair as well as RAM did too. So far I have had no leaks.
What year is your truck? I still didn’t get my backlight extended warranty paper

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online