5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICON vehicle dynamics

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
I have the stage 5 kit on my Rebel right now. I gained about 1” of lift over the factory Rebel lift. The truck rides amazing and I have nothing but good things to say. The kit does great in the street and after a 1400 mile road trip with the family, I had no complaints. I’ve had the truck on 2 multi day 4x4 trips and the truck performed excellent. I’ve been using Icon suspension since they were under their former name, Donahoe Racing. Some will say they give some performance up to the bigger race names like King and Fox, but after running various setups over the years, I can tell you that is NOT the case. The thing to know about Icon is they use what is called digressive valving. A quick Google search can explain that much better than I can, but in a nutshell, digressively valved shocks have a compression profile that is stiff at first and gets softer the harder they are ran. The Icons excel in fast, cross desert runs. They are still compliant enough at slow speed on the street and offer great stability. If your looking for a more cush ride, the progressively valved shocks like the Kings and Fox models will provide a softer ride around town. I hope that helps.

Downytide

Reaction score
last time I reached out to them they said they are re-designing the system for Rebel, something about the height increase was not as expected.

SoCalBogey

Reaction score
This is correct. They currently have a different lower spring spacer they can use to provide the full 1.5” lift for the Rebel (2.5” over non Rebel / ORG trucks), but it sacrifices a bit of up travel. They were saying they might need to re engineer the spring because it was hard to get the lift height, Compression and correct spring rate in this setup.
On a side note I am pretty happy with the 1” I got out of the system. I can’t imagine another .5” adding any additional capability.

Users who are viewing this thread