5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought I had a big truck.....until the Power Wagon showed up.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I like driving a larger vehicle and I love my RAM Limited. I like towering over the many Priuses and Model 3's in my area. I thought it was a big truck, until it was parked next to a Power Wagon. I came out of Home Depot today and this was parked in front of me. Damn that's a big truck. It makes my 1500 look like an S-10. Lol.

powerwagon1.png

powerwagon2.png

powerwagon3.png

powerwagon4.png

clazer

Reaction score
Just wait until the 2500 fills up the fender wells!

Also, your truck is waaaay easier to put sacks of mulch or whatever in the bed.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like driving a larger vehicle and I love my RAM Limited. I like towering over the many Priuses and Model 3's in my area. I thought it was a big truck, until it was parked next to a Power Wagon. I came out of Home Depot today and this was parked in front of me. Damn that's a big truck. It makes my 1500 look like an S-10. Lol.

View attachment 37557

View attachment 37558

View attachment 37559

View attachment 37560
The difference is crazy! I really like big too but don’t have a need for more than the 1500. Your truck at least rides nicer.

RichT

Reaction score
lot of slurping going on, so i'll say it....

everything about that power wagon is better and i want one.

thanks for reminding me! :sneaky:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's not bigger, just sits higher. Add a lift to yours and it will look the same.

Besides, there are 1500's that can both tow and carry more than a power wagon, so, ya gotta really want/need what the power wagon offers in order for it to be worth it.

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
So.... 10-12 years ago I just had to build the giant dream truck I always wanted. 2005 F350 with an 8 inch Rize lift and 37's on 20's. Unfortunately, it had the now infamous "6.Oh no!" Powerstroke in it. Sure did look good sitting by the side of the road, waiting for the flatbed tow truck, in the middle of nowhere, with the wife, dogs, dirtbikes, and 28ft travel trailer..... and real pretty going away on the aforementioned tow truck while I am standing by the side of the road, with the wife, dogs, and all of our crap, wondering what to do yet again! My RAM is so much more enjoyable than that truck in every way. Sure it's not as big but, size doesn't matter right? ;)
379302-R1-018-7A_007.jpg

Pressgrove

Reaction score
So.... 10-12 years ago I just had to build the giant dream truck I always wanted. 2005 F350 with an 8 inch Rize lift and 37's on 20's. Unfortunately, it had the now infamous "6.Oh no!" Powerstroke in it. Sure did look good sitting by the side of the road, waiting for the flatbed tow truck, in the middle of nowhere, with the wife, dogs, dirtbikes, and 28ft travel trailer..... and real pretty going away on the aforementioned tow truck while I am standing by the side of the road, with the wife, dogs, and all of our crap, wondering what to do yet again! My RAM is so much more enjoyable than that truck in every way. Sure it's not as big but, size doesn't matter right? ;)
View attachment 37608

My previous truck was a 2003 F-250 with a 6.0. This was the first year for the 6.0 (it was a late build 2003 (April)). I finally had to put a set of injectors in it about 2 years ago, but only because I drove it 40 miles with a semi-frozen fuel line (I was trying to catch a flight that I missed anyway :cautious:). I guess I was lucky, but it was very reliable for me. I thought at one point I had some major problems developing, but all I ended up needing was new batteries.

I really liked that truck. I'd say I miss it, but I really like my new RAM

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
My previous truck was a 2003 F-250 with a 6.0. This was the first year for the 6.0 (it was a late build 2003 (April)). I finally had to put a set of injectors in it about 2 years ago, but only because I drove it 40 miles with a semi-frozen fuel line (I was trying to catch a flight that I missed anyway :cautious:). I guess I was lucky, but it was very reliable for me. I thought at one point I had some major problems developing, but all I ended up needing was new batteries.

I really liked that truck. I'd say I miss it, but I really like my new RAM
You were one of the lucky ones! I know many had great reliability and longevity.
I loved it too until it started $100 and $ 1000 dollaring me to the poor house! FICM, High Pressure oil pump STC fitting failure, injector orings and and EGR cooler in 78k miles!

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
Oh let's be real: size matters, but only when making comparisons. Lift it, lower it--put it on 37's or 30's.
Just love your ride and let others love theirs!

That being said--I can't wait to add a little lift to mine! People at work tease me for wanting to go bigger all the time (woman here, btw) and I just tell them it makes me feel like I have more of a presence in the world and blend in less. Who wants to be an Average Joe? I'm not playing Dodgeball, I'm driving my Dodge---Ram---

spaightlabs

Reaction score
Love the Power Wagon - they don't price out as well as the 1500s by a long shot and I gar-on-tee that 6.4 ain't no fuel sipper.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Tradesman with Powerwagon Package will be priced with the 1500 and the 6.4l gets better mileage than some of the 5.7l here.

My 6.4l avg 18.4 on trip to beach in a crew cab longbed. Hand calculated it was .2 MpG off 20190701_103109.jpg
And that is with the old 6spd and MDS not working due to a fuel level sensor fail.

Gardner

Reaction score
Like I tell the wife, size doesn't matter (I hope) ;):(

WIREBEL

Reaction score
I had a 2017 PW. It's big...and you feel it everywhere!! It's big in parking lots and it's big on the trails. Even with the 6.4 it feels under-powered on the highway....it's so heavy!!

Cosmok

Reaction score
How is a Power Wagon different than a regular 2500?

Pepper

Reaction score

View attachment 37557

View attachment 37558

View attachment 37559

View attachment 37560
Don't know your exact color but it's leaps and bounds better color and better looking than the PW and your wheel/tire set up is hella sweet. I'd take your truck anyday and twice on Sunday. Congrats

Users who are viewing this thread