5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought I had a big truck.....until the Power Wagon showed up.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So.... 10-12 years ago I just had to build the giant dream truck I always wanted. 2005 F350 with an 8 inch Rize lift and 37's on 20's. Unfortunately, it had the now infamous "6.Oh no!" Powerstroke in it. Sure did look good sitting by the side of the road, waiting for the flatbed tow truck, in the middle of nowhere, with the wife, dogs, dirtbikes, and 28ft travel trailer..... and real pretty going away on the aforementioned tow truck while I am standing by the side of the road, with the wife, dogs, and all of our crap, wondering what to do yet again! My RAM is so much more enjoyable than that truck in every way. Sure it's not as big but, size doesn't matter right? ;)
View attachment 37608
my brother had an 02 with an 8 inch lift but he ran 40's . it was dope.

jb772

Reaction score
My previous truck was a 2003 F-250 with a 6.0. This was the first year for the 6.0 (it was a late build 2003 (April)). I finally had to put a set of injectors in it about 2 years ago, but only because I drove it 40 miles with a semi-frozen fuel line (I was trying to catch a flight that I missed anyway :cautious:). I guess I was lucky, but it was very reliable for me. I thought at one point I had some major problems developing, but all I ended up needing was new batteries.

I really liked that truck. I'd say I miss it, but I really like my new RAM

I also had an 03' F250 6.0 that I purchased w/ 176,000 miles and ended up selling it with 199,000 miles - absolutely loved the truck besides the manual locking hubs. The only "mod" that I did to it was a straight pipe exhaust and let me tell you, you literally could hear the turbo whistling for MILES down the street because it had a 10 vane turbo. I sold it to a younger kid about 6 years ago whom I still keep in touch with and as of last month he said the motor had 500,000 miles on it and was starting to give him major issues so he was going to be replacing it w/ a 12v. I sure do miss that truck but don't miss the diesel prices.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I like driving a larger vehicle and I love my RAM Limited. I like towering over the many Priuses and Model 3's in my area. I thought it was a big truck, until it was parked next to a Power Wagon. I came out of Home Depot today and this was parked in front of me. Damn that's a big truck. It makes my 1500 look like an S-10. Lol.

View attachment 37557

View attachment 37558

View attachment 37559

View attachment 37560
I like the Limited better...
That's why I bought one...

Cravenfan

Reaction score
Did you jack yours up to the Off Road 2 setting? That is a big truck. I love the ability to raise and lower these Limiteds with the air ride suspension, easy in, easy out, clearance when needed.

Chief_Jake

Reaction score
Convinced myself to downsize, I regret it. For those that have commented on the ride of the PW, I much prefer the ride of the PW. IMG_20181029_105446466_HDR.jpg 1500.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread