5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to soft reset 12”UConnect

cipherbreak

Reaction score
I’m sure the guys over at infotainment.com have this figured out. Maybe someone can ask them how to soft reset Uconnect 12.

P.S. Disconnecting the battery is NOT a soft reset.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I bet even the UConnect people don't know how to do this... :unsure:
How can this be such a unicorn, where no one on the entire internet doesn't know how to do this? Baffling.

Kemper

Reaction score
I bet even the UConnect people don't know how to do this... :unsure:
How can this be such a unicorn, where no one on the entire internet doesn't know how to do this? Baffling.
So did we ever figure this out? Last post of this thread is in July. It's almost October, now I'm having a problem with my 12 inch screen not booting up. Anybody figure out how to do a soft reset?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yup we posted months ago how to successfully do a soft and hard reset using the buttons on both the 12 and 8.4

it may be in one of the million other threads, though.

predv2

Reaction score
I finally figured this out for the Uconnect 12! I honestly looked around for months and never found it, I hope this helps others save time.

Hold down the 'MUTE' and 'SCREEN OFF" for about 30 seconds. Let go and it should reboot.

UPDATE: I can no longer reproduce this. :(

IMG_0079-edit.png

Last edited:

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This doesn’t do anything for me other than turn off the screen or mute the radio. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Anyone else have any luck?

predv2

Reaction score
This doesn’t do anything for me other than turn off the screen or mute the radio. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Anyone else have any luck?
I just went to test it again and it did NOT work this time. I am very perplexed... The only thing I can think of is when I did it the first time the radio was all locked up and either it was luck that it just so happen to reboot or it was enough to tip it over and force a reboot.

Either way, sorry for the bad information... and sad that still no one can answer this. in my 2015 and 2017 it was so easy to reboot when it happened I don't know why they don't allow it now or make it known.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a first today-- had Sirius/XM radio, a podcast from my phone AND a track from my phone's media album playing at the same time while connected by USB. Sometimes it was just two things overplaying eachother. What a comedy of errors. Went to hit the power button on the screen and everything still kept playing! I had to disconnect the USB entirely-- and even then over bluetooth I still had sat radio and the podcast playing simultaneously. I had to then pull the vehicle over. Turn off the truck and then restart it to get it working properly. This soft rest option (either discovered or added through an update) can't happen soon enough!!

Smurfmobile85

Reaction score
Hold VR and Phone buttons on steering wheel for 30 seconds with vehicle in ACC. Then turn vehicle off, open driver door for 30 seconds.
On a road trip and searched for a solution to reboot the state and found this thread. Tried this on our two week old '19 Ram 3500 after nothing was responding and it rebooted the head unit and everything worked great. Thanks for the help!

Omlifecrew

Reaction score
On a road trip and searched for a solution to reboot the state and found this thread. Tried this on our two week old '19 Ram 3500 after nothing was responding and it rebooted the head unit and everything worked great. Thanks for the help!
I'm still not able to get mine too reset using these steps. So I held down vr and phone, put car in ac mode, waited 30 seconds, turned off the vehicle, let go of the vr and phone buttons, opened the door, left it open for 30 seconds, closed the door, turned truck back on to acc and run and nothing happened. Anything else I missed?

tdwilli1

Reaction score
I'm still not able to get mine too reset using these steps. So I held down vr and phone, put car in ac mode, waited 30 seconds, turned off the vehicle, let go of the vr and phone buttons, opened the door, left it open for 30 seconds, closed the door, turned truck back on to acc and run and nothing happened. Anything else I missed?

Did you put the truck in AC mode first?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I had a first today-- had Sirius/XM radio, a podcast from my phone AND a track from my phone's media album playing at the same time while connected by USB. Sometimes it was just two things overplaying eachother. What a comedy of errors. Went to hit the power button on the screen and everything still kept playing! I had to disconnect the USB entirely-- and even then over bluetooth I still had sat radio and the podcast playing simultaneously. I had to then pull the vehicle over. Turn off the truck and then restart it to get it working properly. This soft rest option (either discovered or added through an update) can't happen soon enough!!
This has been happening to me lately as well. XM & BT Audio playing at the same time. Very strange behavior.

airgas1998

Reaction score
I don't get it you cant simultaneously hold both phone buttons it's either or????or does it not matter as long as one of them is pressed in???

airgas1998

Reaction score
it doesn't work for me either...

aametzger

Reaction score
I had an issue today where my uconnect was locked up and wouldn't do carplay and the nav screen was blank as well as other various issues. The issues continued even after powering off the truck a few times as I made stops for fuel and food. When I got home from my trip I tried different combinations of the methods mentioned here to do a soft reset but was unsuccessful. I ended up disconnecting the negative battery terminal, and the nav and carplay came back but it obviously reset all the settings. I have to wait the hour to get the uconnect apps back, and then set back up my preferences.
I will have them check it out at the dealer when I make an appointment for this and a few other items.

Users who are viewing this thread