How to soft reset 12”UConnect

AlianoF

Reaction score
Wow - no one has provided a viable and working solution other than a battery pull. Surely this cannot be the only way.

Markaly

Reaction score
I viewed a YouTube video demonstrating an 8.4 UConnect reset this way but I have not tested it. It takes about 10 seconds or more holding down the buttons. It is possible the feature was removed, but seems easy/worth a try. How long did you hold them for?

Markaly

Reaction score
Wow - no one has provided a viable and working solution other than a battery pull. Surely this cannot be the only way.
19 ram 3500 12 inch. Just had this problem , all audio coming from phone be it blue tooth or car play was garbage . Sorties sounded normal. Every button press sounded like static. Read somewhere to put vehicle in acc and hold VR AND PHONE BUTTON ON STEERING WHEEL 30 seconds. Ignore the system activating Siri etc just keep holding , sure enough after what seemed like forever sound came back normal. There was no indication that a “reset” happened but everything started working fine

th3duke

Reaction score
19 ram 3500 12 inch. Just had this problem , all audio coming from phone be it blue tooth or car play was garbage . Sorties sounded normal. Every button press sounded like static. Read somewhere to put vehicle in acc and hold VR AND PHONE BUTTON ON STEERING WHEEL 30 seconds. Ignore the system activating Siri etc just keep holding , sure enough after what seemed like forever sound came back normal. There was no indication that a “reset” happened but everything started working fine
I'm having the same static issue on my 8.4, and tried resolving it based on your experiences (spent 30 minutes doing the same thing over and over), and it didn't resolve my static issue. I have static on every input including NAV, Phone; guess I have to take it to the dealer which really sucks...

fish2fer

Reaction score
2019 12” froze; backup cam still on going full speed ahead, no response from any buttons, clock frozen.

@predv3: thanks! May not have worked for you the second time, but I held down the 'MUTE' and 'SCREEN OFF" for about a minute. When I let go, it was fixed.

Teddyherrera

Reaction score
2019 12” froze; backup cam still on going full speed ahead, no response from any buttons, clock frozen.

@predv3: thanks! May not have worked for you the second time, but I held down the 'MUTE' and 'SCREEN OFF" for about a minute. When I let go, it was fixed.
this has happened to me twice, it fixes itself after like 30 minutes of being off. i really hope they fix all these issues

Superman185

Reaction score
I found what we have all been looking for I have done this three times on 2017 RAM 8.4 Uconnect 19.42 OS from this site;

Here is what it says if you just want the nit and gritty:
Master Reset for Dodge Charger/Challenger ONLY (RAM as well in my experience)
BEFORE ATTEMPTING A MASTER RESET PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU'VE HAD THE UNIT INSTALLED IN YOUR VEHICLE FOR AT LEAST 48-72 HOURS. MOST ISSUES WILL BE FIXED IN TIME AS YOUR VEHICLE IS ADJUSTING TO THE NEW SYSTEM.

A master reset only works for Chargers and Challengers with a UAQ or a UAS.

If you are experiencing issues with your UAQ or UAS system please attempt a master reset.

Master Reset

1. Power on the radio.

2. Click on the Phone icon.

3. Hold the top right corner of the screen for about 13 seconds *It may take longer.

4. The radio will shut off and restart.

5. Master reset is complete.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I found what we have all been looking for I have done this three times on 2017 RAM 8.4 Uconnect 19.42 OS from this site;

Here is what it says if you just want the nit and gritty:
Master Reset for Dodge Charger/Challenger ONLY (RAM as well in my experience)
BEFORE ATTEMPTING A MASTER RESET PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU'VE HAD THE UNIT INSTALLED IN YOUR VEHICLE FOR AT LEAST 48-72 HOURS. MOST ISSUES WILL BE FIXED IN TIME AS YOUR VEHICLE IS ADJUSTING TO THE NEW SYSTEM.

A master reset only works for Chargers and Challengers with a UAQ or a UAS.

If you are experiencing issues with your UAQ or UAS system please attempt a master reset.

Master Reset

1. Power on the radio.

2. Click on the Phone icon.

3. Hold the top right corner of the screen for about 13 seconds *It may take longer.

4. The radio will shut off and restart.

5. Master reset is complete.
No bueno for the 12". Tried it.