5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to soft reset 12”UConnect

Jgon371

Reaction score
Ok i tried on my 12 inch uconnect 5 the reset, and I can not get it to work.
Engine to run (press two times)
Press and hold Volume button and tune button for 20 seconds
Release buttons and wait....
Waited 5 minutes and nothing.
The uconn 12 just turned off, never rebooted or anything. What am I missing?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I tried this "short cut" today with no success. I've been without the cameras since yesterday. I disconnected the negative again today for ~a minute. I'll see in the morning if it returns. It's such a hassle going to the service department. I will need an appointment and they gladly return the truck with a scratch or two. There has got to be a better way to handle this situation.

coreyms

Reaction score
Wow thanks, I've been struggling with the LTE crashing and not coming back. This reboots it and fixes it. 21 Ram Limited.

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
Mine took about 2 hours or so (cycled about 7 times) and went back to normal.

Never did anything on a 10 min negative terminal disconnect.

None of the reset techniques worked, etc...

In my Hellcat, i just drove down the block and it relearned itself lol

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Mine took about 2 hours or so (cycled about 7 times) and went back to normal.

Never did anything on a 10 min negative terminal disconnect.

None of the reset techniques worked, etc...

In my Hellcat, i just drove down the block and it relearned itself lol
I agree about two hours and cameras are back with the 12".

RubyRam

Reaction score
Like all of you in this tread my Uconnect is really messed up. I have had two sources play at once over the top of each other, bluetooth and Sirius XM. I've had the Sirius Advertisement channel come on (i haven't ever used that channel) and can not switch off of it, and get this, it still plays when I turn the Radio off. Screen blank and it is still playing the channel. Most of the time Uconnect won't play any entertainment and the volume is locked at whatever level it was at last. If I am lucky everything is fine and that is maybe 20% of the time. The dealer is worthless and frustrating.

I have tried everything here and with no luck. I cannot find anyone to do a soft boot and removing the battery cable did no good at all.

I do have a question. My Uconnect was working fine until I used my "CarPlay" and since that time it has gone to hell. Can anyone else trace these type of Uconnect issues to using "CarPlay" or the Android comparable?

Love my truck but I am so frustrated by this.

E.Hands

Reaction score
Mine works flawless with Android auto & Sirius XM.
I can program different destinations in Uconnect and Google maps on my phone, and it will guide me to both locations using two different women's voices whilst playing Sirius XM.
I'm constantly amazed at how seamlessly the integration of the entire system works.
I hope you resolve your issues so you too can really enjoy the potential of your 5th gen.

Last edited:

Ram77

Reaction score
Having this same issue with no sound or screen freezes. Brought it to the dealer and of course it would work for them so they "cant fix something that isn't broken". Even showing them videos of it doesn't work for them to fix. This is annoying. It happens during my drive and there is no way to stop pull over **** off the truck and do this every time it freezes. Frustrating

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Having this same issue with no sound or screen freezes. Brought it to the dealer and of course it would work for them so they "cant fix something that isn't broken". Even showing them videos of it doesn't work for them to fix. This is annoying. It happens during my drive and there is no way to stop pull over **** off the truck and do this every time it freezes. Frustrating
Mine has gotten better and I don't think there was any upgrades over the air. I will tell you something new, yesterday I made a quick stop at Ace. I got back in my car and pushed start in the normal way. I had removed my finger and the starter just keep spinning. I have NEVER experienced something like this. When they call me to drop my truck for the new top of the dash I will let then know. This must have happened to others too. RAM has become Fiat...." Fix It Again Tony!"

Ram77

Reaction score
i noticed it freezes pretty much when trying to connect to sirus xm. haven't really seen an issue if I leave it on fm instead

zleger

Reaction score
Any luck on this? My issue is that when using CarPlay Siri does not listen. She will read messages to me or ask what I want to say or ask if I want to respond, but regardless of what I say it times out and she doesn't "hear" my response. I have the most up to date software on my phone and have a 2019 Ram Big Horn with the 8.4 screen (Uconnect 4C NAV). I have tried calling UCONNECT, but they were no help and had no clue what I was talking about when referring to rebooting the system. I have also tried every combination previously mention in these threads as well as pulling the negative cable.

Users who are viewing this thread