5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to soft reset 12”UConnect

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Am somewhat of a disadvantage, as I have no truck to try this on. Could someone with a truck, preferably one with the 12” screen and another with the 8.4” screen put the radio in dealer mode and see if there is a reset option. I am not asking you to actually reset your vehicle. You get into dealer mode as follows:

a. Press and hold the both lower corners of the display screen, until the Dealer Mode screen
appears (approximately seven seconds). Release buttons. See (Fig. 1) .
Fig. 1
Location to Press and Hold
1533704264891.png

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Am somewhat of a disadvantage, as I have no truck to try this on. Could someone with a truck, preferably one with the 12” screen and another with the 8.4” screen put the radio in dealer mode and see if there is a reset option. I am not asking you to actually reset your vehicle. You get into dealer mode as follows:

a. Press and hold the both lower corners of the display screen, until the Dealer Mode screen
Fig. 1
View attachment 2351

I'll try it later and let you know.

grifodan67

Reaction score

Fig. 1
View attachment 2351
edrclark,
It worked. I have the 12" and my bottom left is media and the bottom right is backup cam, but when I held both, it took me into dealer mode. I navigated around, but did not see a reset option. I did see options to save used data to USB and load user data from USB, etc.. The other menu was all the electronic information like map version, radio software version, etc.

Dan

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, at least we can get software version numbers

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
edrclark,
It worked. I have the 12" and my bottom left is media and the bottom right is backup cam, but when I held both, it took me into dealer mode. I navigated around, but did not see a reset option. I did see options to save used data to USB and load user data from USB, etc.. The other menu was all the electronic information like map version, radio software version, etc.

Dan

Thanks for checking. There has got to be someone that knows how to reset this. Hopefully a RAM tech is reading this...

U

User_3336

Dealer mode and engineering mode aren't the same. There is no 'RESET' function in dealer mode, its mostly informational.

We need the key sequence for "engineering mode"......within there is the "Reset to Factory Defaults".

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone know how to force a reset of the UConnect system, or how to enter-exit “engineering mode”? No confirmed methods AFAIK. 8.4” or 12”?

U

User_3336

Nope, no where to be found. If anyone has a chat with UCONNECT tech support about an issue needing a factory reset, please do share the key sequence.

Bump. Anyone know how to force a reset of the UConnect system, or how to enter-exit “engineering mode”? No confirmed methods AFAIK. 8.4” or 12”?

tomsdiner39

Reaction score
Just got off a call from uconnect and they had me do a soft reset.

Hold VR and Phone buttons on steering wheel for 30 seconds with vehicle in ACC. Then turn vehicle off, open driver door for 30 seconds.

As an aside the reason I called them was because I was not able to reply to text messages with VR. I could only choose from the predifined list. I have an Android phone and was able to do this on my 2016 just fine. I was told the the new Sirius Guardian service doesn't support VR replies to texts. Has anyone been able to reply with VR?
No I have not and I really miss that feature with the Uconnect and according to my 4 hours of phone calls on this subject it is not a feature with XM guardians services. I keep getting pushed back and forth from FCA to Sirius and both were saying the other controlled that feature. So I asked If I can add the Uconnect services I had in the past to my radio and was told no, only one service is allowed. You can do texting (VR) with Android Auto though, Push Microphone on screen and " Send text message to ________ mobile" It will come asking you to state message, then approve and send. I'm not sure about Apple Car Play though, I don't have an iPhone so I'm not sure.

Jrsyborn

Reaction score
Unhook the negative battery cable and leave it off for 10 minutes then reconnect.

I haven't tried the negative battery disconnect but disconnecting the positive lead will wipe programs and software which will require dealer reprogramming.

Yelzelity

Reaction score
So when our batteries go bad, it requires a trip to a dealer to program U connect?

grinch72

Reaction score
If you disconnect the battery when you start up your radio you will be missing some stuff. After a while everything will return. I’ve done it several times.

I can confirm. I've disconnected both the positive and negative cables. The radio will come back fine and no need to go to dealer.

RueferChi

Reaction score
If you disconnect the battery when you start up your radio you will be missing some stuff. After a while everything will return. I’ve done it several times.
Just did it today and it had me a little freaked out till I saw this. Are we talking about a certain amount of time till it comes back, or a certain number of cycles on and off? I'm missing a lot of stuff! Thanks

grinch72

Reaction score
Just did it today and it had me a little freaked out till I saw this. Are we talking about a certain amount of time till it comes back, or a certain number of cycles on and off? I'm missing a lot of stuff! Thanks
Just give it time. It will all come back

Users who are viewing this thread