5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going from MY22 to MY23, Base Price on a 23 Big Horn 4x2 increased over $4,000. No, MSRP isn't going down.

Rebates haven't increased to compensate for the price hike either. Hell, a 23 Big Horn 4x4 is approaching $55-60K! Insane,.

RAM used to be the truck that gave you more for your dollar. That isn't the case anymore, even though it was as recently as 2021 MY. Sales are down 17% but they still are keeping prices high, plus high interest rates. My next truck has a good chance of not being a RAM.

U

User_3336

RAM used to be the truck that gave you more for your dollar. That isn't the case anymore, even though it was as recently as 2021 MY. Sales are down 17% but they still are keeping prices high, plus high interest rates. My next truck has a good chance of not being a RAM.

You won't get any better deal with any other brand. Ford is still sky high and little to no rebates.

Chevy has sky rocketed, little to no rebates.

Actually the Nissan Titan has pretty well hung around the same price point, yet little to no rebates.

Ram has increased in price, but offering rebates to offset the price hike (Yeah, we see what you're doing FCA marketing).

SO, wallyuwl, what brand were you thinking of going to?

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chevy. They have not raised prices as much as RAM and still are offering decent incentives. But I probably will keep my truck 3 or 4 more years, so we'll see how things are then. But RAM can't continue down their current pricing path or 17% sales decline will seem like a high water mark.

As a comparison, my current truck was built August 2020. MSRP was just over $55k. I got 21% off plus a good trade value (2018 F150). The same configuration is now $13k more expensive MSRP (just over $68k) with around 23% off (with a dealer willing to heavily discount). In 33 months. That is insane.

Last edited:

SuperBigHorn

Reaction score
Just picked up my first truck, a well loaded 2023 big horn. The MSRP is $61980, I got 23.8% off of the MSRP. I think its a pretty good deal, though had like an hour or two negotiation with the sales manager. just read this thread, seems its a normal thing (like 23% below msrp). The total wait time was about 2 month from the date I put in my order. The dealership is 500 mines away from home though, we went pick the truck up. Just to share the most up-to-date experience.

U

User_3336

Just picked up my first truck, a well loaded 2023 big horn. The MSRP is $61980, I got 23.8% off of the MSRP. I think its a pretty good deal, though had like an hour or two negotiation with the sales manager. just read this thread, seems its a normal thing (like 23% below msrp). The total wait time was about 2 month from the date I put in my order. The dealership is 500 mines away from home though, we went pick the truck up. Just to share the most up-to-date experience.

$11000-12000 off is about the trend here it appears. Did you have a trade-in?

Big Horn's do have the biggest discounts.

SuperBigHorn

Reaction score
$11000-12000 off is about the trend here it appears. Did you have a trade-in?

Big Horn's do have the biggest discounts.
I did, traded in a sienna, the dealer gave me ~$500-1000 more than my local toyota dealers where I quoted a week ago.

Joerfromsc

Reaction score
Hello fellow friends of the RAM. Is this a good deal?

Question for a friend, $77,085 Sticker price, $64,000 out the door, (includes $600 tax and tag fee)

Thoughts and comments appreciated.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Question for a friend, $77,085 Sticker price, $64,000 out the door, (includes $600 tax and tag fee)

Seems like a damn good deal. What state has that cheap of fees? Tax and plate in Michigan is over $4,000 on that price, over $4,500 on mine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems like a damn good deal. What state has that cheap of fees? Tax and plate in Michigan is over $4,000 on that price, over $4,500 on mine.
Hes likely trading in.
When you trade in the cost offsets the purchase price and thus lower tax.

Looks like a good deal though

Joerfromsc

Reaction score
No Trade. South Carolina

SC caps the tax at $500 (used to be $300) transferring a tag, is only like $52 but other minor fees.

Seems like there may be some dealer cash incentives? (We think)

Maybe because it's a 6'4"?

6of36

Reaction score
No Trade. South Carolina

SC caps the tax at $500 (used to be $300) transferring a tag, is only like $52 but other minor fees.

Seems like there may be some dealer cash incentives? (We think)

Maybe because it's a 6'4"?
Transferring a tag in Mi., is only like $12 I think, but yearly tags are over $300. Based on value of vehicle. It goes down every year for 5 years, then stays forever at about 85-90% of first year. It's ridiculous. When I started driving, they were weight based, and average was less than $35 a year.

Derek916

Reaction score
Transferring a tag in Mi., is only like $12 I think, but yearly tags are over $300. Based on value of vehicle. It goes down every year for 5 years, then stays forever at about 85-90% of first year. It's ridiculous. When I started driving, they were weight based, and average was less than $35 a year.
My Ram 1500 costed $1100 in California to for registration :) + highest gas taxes lol.

DW37

Reaction score
Anyone have a good experience ordering with either Criswell or Koons, both listed at the top of the thread? And if so, who was your salesperson or contact? I am getting close to starting the process of negotiating for price on a 2024 Bighorn. I plan to check with Mark Dodge and some local dealers, including Criswell and Koons that are within an hour for me.

thanks.

Duane.

6of36

Reaction score
Anyone have a good experience ordering with either Criswell or Koons, both listed at the top of the thread? And if so, who was your salesperson or contact? I am getting close to starting the process of negotiating for price on a 2024 Bighorn. I plan to check with Mark Dodge and some local dealers, including Criswell and Koons that are within an hour for me.

thanks.

Duane.
Check them all, but Mark Dodge has lower dealer fees, than Koons. I forget the exact numbers, but only charges from MD, were somewhere between $400-450, dealer fee, and $4-6 for temporary tag to get you home. Koons was like $850 dealer fee, and I don't know if there are any other fees. They were very easy to work with. I talked to Charles, to get my price, then when ready to order, Anthony, who is often on here, takes care of the actual ordering.

disarm

Reaction score
I ordered from Koons two weeks ago and had all my contact through this email address... [email protected]

I also had contact with Anthony at Mark Dodge and he was very helpful. I emailed both of these dealers with the exact specifications of the truck I wanted to order and had detailed quotes back in less than 30 minutes.

I ended up ordering from Koons because they're much closer to my home (300 miles vs 1600) and actually came in a little lower on price for my Limited order. They do have a higher 'processing fee' ($899 vs $450 at MD), but that is offset by the lower purchase price and money I save getting the truck from a dealer much closer to home. I'll be driving my truck home from Koons, while I probably would have paid around $1500 to have it shipped from MD.

I have been very happy with my interactions with Koons so far and hope the rest of the buying process goes as smoothly once my truck is ready. The wait is brutal though...

Joerfromsc

Reaction score
I too was looking at an ordered truck. I think Mark Dodge, Anthony Boi would be who I would go through. He is personable, available, and can ship to you. If I have the need to order, I would definitely order from Mark Dodge.

Cptnkirk

Reaction score

thanks.

Duane.
I live in southeast VA & was deciding between MD & Koons when I factory ordered my Ram in August of 22. Went with MD & don’t regret it at all. MD has no control over shipping costs but when my truck was delivered in November it only cost $400. Can’t go wrong with either really.

DW37

Reaction score
Thanks 6of36, disarm, Joerfromsc, and Cptnkirk. Appreciate the input. And that is great to hear how fast Koons and MD responded with a quote.

Joerfromsc

Reaction score

Thanks for all the good advice. I bought the truck, I'm a friend of mine! $64, 000 out the door, driving home now.

Users who are viewing this thread