5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Any idea if they do delivery farther away or how much that might run? I suppose I can get in touch with them and see.
I haven't contacted them about delivery. Just going by their website which I recall, I think, said free delivery within 250 miles. As far as cost, I don't know but might have seen something that it approaches around 900 to the northeast.

RDSnj2021

Reaction score
Are all of you ordering your Ram without the safety group and tech group on restriction because of the chip shortage? I would like a Laramie and these options, with 22" tires, are on restriction. I tried pricing out a Limited Longhorn, one trim above Laramie,with the options I want and it was getting close to 10 K more than the Laramie. Next question: Based upon prior years, do any of you have an idea when the Ramtrucks.com will open for 22 builds?

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are all of you ordering your Ram without the safety group and tech group on restriction because of the chip shortage? I would like a Laramie and these options, with 22" tires, are on restriction. I tried pricing out a Limited Longhorn, one trim above Laramie,with the options I want and it was getting close to 10 K more than the Laramie. Next question: Based upon prior years, do any of you have an idea when the Ramtrucks.com will open for 22 builds?
I personally skipped the tech group and some safety group (that is not on the level 2 bighorn) for that sole chip purpose when ordering my 2022. But I think that it cancels itself out when I ordered my pano roof and rambox.

I do love my current laramie, but I don't need the extra "fanciness" that it comes with leather throughout. I can get a big horn without the leather and headlight led package for alot less in the bighorn.

As far as when 2022 will be on the site...who knows...maybe late July? I'm already seeing some changes on it, like engine options on some trim levels are gone.

I placed my order in good faith when I asked about the back country package. Some folks did the same with the GT package. I have some unoffical pricing like on nada website.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

kmwr

Reaction score
Sandi is fantastic to work with. I may fly into NO as well, but I'm really tempted to drive it from the dealership just because the entire process has been so honest and straight forward so far.
I completely Agree! best dealership and so easy to work with them. I am planning to go meet all of them!

kmwr

Reaction score
Any idea if they do delivery farther away or how much that might run? I suppose I can get in touch with them and see.
Look further, like Louisiana. I mean you might be able to find a needle in the haystack, Virginia dealers don't have the best reputations either. Not a lot of dealers discounting out there at all right now.
check with Mark dodge @ lake Charles. they will deliver to you. contact sandi at Mark dodge 713-301-6161. she will give you the best price and let you know how much it cost to ship it to you. if it is less then 250 mile they deliver free. I dont know the cost

xd9z

Reaction score
I just received a Ram factory $1000 rebate via email after following the links here, thanks! Does anyone know if this is stackable with the Penfed discount?

Reaction score
I just received a Ram factory $1000 rebate via email after following the links here, thanks! Does anyone know if this is stackable with the Penfed discount?
I got that too. But it looks like it might be specific to 2021 models and expires at the end of August. Is that your interpretation as well?

I think it would be stackable with Penfed.

xd9z

Reaction score
please re-share the links! =)
These were the links on the first post.

I got that too. But it looks like it might be specific to 2021 models and expires at the end of August. Is that your interpretation as well?

I think it would be stackable with Penfed.

Yes this would be relevant to 2021 orders. I am still waiting on my 2021 to be built. I have been told it is scheduled for next week. Fingers crossed. thx!

Tomo366

Reaction score
I do not need a vehicle so bad that I will ever pay above MSRP what I notice is bunch of these Rams showed up lately as highly equipped and at the same price I assume it was because of the Chip shortage and most were marked up now a month later almost all of are unsold and price dropped

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not need a vehicle so bad that I will ever pay above MSRP what I notice is bunch of these Rams showed up lately as highly equipped and at the same price I assume it was because of the Chip shortage and most were marked up now a month later almost all of are unsold and price dropped
No kidding. I mean this one locally is just stupid: https://www.voylescdjr.com/new/Ram/2021-Ram-1500-c8748b010a0e0ae85f1750cff2e64b2f.htm
My 2022 is 4x4 with Ram Boxes and the Multifunction tailgate and it is 5K less......

Redfour5

Reaction score

My dealer essentially took back the 1250 rebate by tacking it onto the top of the MSRP. BUT, I got so much on my trade in, and I did the math over and over again that I came out better than my 2015 Outdoorsman and essentially financed at the same price as the 2015 on a truck with a lot more stuff, checking all my boxes especially around towing. I was "looking" a year ago, actually just before Covid and the numbers didn't even come close, but now I'm in it for about 5K less than I was when I last checked. I was paying off my lease to keep the Outdoorsman at 35K and it was a NO GO. So, I just paid it off and went a year without payments. I got a built to serve edition with the trailer/tow package and am very happy with the deal. The used car deal made the difference and was better than any incentives I've seen. Do the math. Oh, and they wanted 5500 for the extended warranty. I just laughed and have been quoted 2400 from MOPAR for the same extended warranty... So, remember that lesson also.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as you are happy with how it turned out then you got a good deal no matter how you crunch the numbers.

MKEAT

Reaction score
Is the Affiliate list in the original post still valid? It looks like it’s dated 2018. Are there more or fewer options for general Ram shoppers like me to join an organization to get the invoice pricing?

I think the original two were Access Fund and Tread Lightly.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tread Lightly is still valid. In my opinion, it's only worth it if you're dealing with a dealer that scoffs at invoice pricing. Mark Dodge was still around $3500 less than invoice for me so even after a one way flight and a 8-9 hour drive back it's like someone paid me nearly $3,000 to pick up my own truck and drive it home.
Is the Affiliate list in the original post still valid? It looks like it’s dated 2018. Are there more or fewer options for general Ram shoppers like me to join an organization to get the invoice pricing?

I think the original two were Access Fund and Tread Lightly.

MKEAT

Reaction score
Tread Lightly is still valid. In my opinion, it's only worth it if you're dealing with a dealer that scoffs at invoice pricing. Mark Dodge was still around $3500 less than invoice for me so even after a one way flight and a 8-9 hour drive back it's like someone paid me nearly $3,000 to pick up my own truck and drive it home.
Thanks! Appreciate it. My local dealer is MSRP or nothing so the Tread Lightly is my best option. Wish I could spare the time for a fun trip but with a toddler and an infant at home dad duty takes priority.

Thanks again for the info!

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! Appreciate it. My local dealer is MSRP or nothing so the Tread Lightly is my best option. Wish I could spare the time for a fun trip but with a toddler and an infant at home dad duty takes priority.

Thanks again for the info!
I hear ya. I've got 5 and 2 at my house and 5 year old is begging to go with me. Poor thing only thinks she wants to go because I stop for no one! 🤣

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should get a quote from a place like Mark Dodge anyway just in case it's a bargaining chip. Also, get on YouTube and look up the channel Your Auto Advocate. There are great videos on how to get a good deal on a new car. It's knowledge worth having.

GATORB8

Reaction score
I believe the affiliate program basically has the dealer sell at invoice and is a 1% incentive/rebate on there end. At least on my Jeep search, The volume dealers would take just the extra 1% off their price with it. Maybe borderline if the say $500 is worth the 100 and effort/wait, but you do get 2 uses per year with it for the 100 donation.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I wanted another Laramie but no blind spot was a deal breaker. I ended up ordering a Limited (see signature). And actually option-for-option, a Laramie was a little more than a Limited (though I would not have gotten some options on the Laramie that are standard on Limited). Longhorn is the most expensive trim option-for-option. The Limited is actually a pretty good deal, lots of truck for your buck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online