5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Get the Best Price on Your New Ram

Tomo366

Reaction score
DEalers here are advertising 5-6 over over sticker on some models.....

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That seems utterly ridiculous. They're trying to capitalize on the temporary state of logistics and the economy in my opinion.
Same way that hotel room prices skyrocket 200-400% when an event comes to town and there are more people than rooms available (PGA, Comi-Con, etc.).

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same way that hotel room prices skyrocket 200-400% when an event comes to town and there are more people than rooms available (PGA, Comi-Con, etc.).
The difference is that hotels aren't 60K+. I just think that you've got to be really desperate and childish to pay that much for something that, 6-12 months from now, is likely to be priced way, way less. There are going to be a lot of new vehicle drivers severely upside down in their vehicles. Just because people are sitting on 3 stimmy checks, it doesn't mean it's the best idea to blow it all right now. I know several people with that exact mentality that have paid way, way too much for vehicles with the justification that it's "free money". Money is money whether you worked for it or not.

It's like the local dealership I keep trading email correspondence with. First they tell me all custom orders are MSRP, period. Then I tell the sales guy I've discovered I get 1% below invoice as well as the fact I'll be price shopping, and he tells me, "What will you be shopping around to get? With your Tread lightly discount, the price is going to be the same wherever you go for your specific build.

I can offer you, as a part of the largest dealership group in the US, the best customer service you will receive bar none. Our process is faster and more efficient than any dealer around. We are also the only dealer in the area that has been Customer 1st preferred for the 4th year in a row, which mean we most certainly cater to the needs of our customers.

Along with that we have a full reange service department and collision center on the premises to where if you have anything wrong at any point, we can take care of it all here for you!

The most important part of the sales process isn't getting the lowest price but the convience of being taken care of after the sale!"

I must come across as being stupid?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you don't.

They are just going to try and wear you down. With fewer vehicles to choose from there's a better chance that you'll give in and get the truck you wanted from them anyway.

There's a reason when you talk to a salesperson at a dealership they ask you "how much a month do you want to pay". Not how much total, how long do you want to pay for, or what extra fees do you want us to charge you, but just how much a month. There are ways to get the cost down to what you will say yes to (longer terms, lease vs. purchase, etc.) and plenty of ways to get the price up to what you are willing to pay (hidden fees, more options, bigger vehicle, etc.).

For every one of us that looks for (and expects) a good/reasonable deal there are 10 people that will pay more as long as they can afford the monthly payment.

With stock in short supply across the board dealerships (and manufacturers) are tightening up to maximize profit on each unit rather than try to make some money on a lot of units and hope they hit a sales goal for a windfall from FCA.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just not going to play that game. I'll walk away in a heart beat and wait another year or figure something else out. I've been saving and I'm paying cash. My problem is that understanding that "invoice pricing" still has a fat pad leaves me with zero incentive to pay invoice, much less MRSP. Dealing with people that are just going to repeatedly insult my intelligence to my face leaves me even less incentive to pay their commission. I mean, there are 5 Ram dealerships within 30 minutes of my house. Even if I wasn't willing to buy a 1 way plan ticket and drive back, ya gotta give me more than that garbage of a response to compel me to buy from you.

The thing is, I would pay a little more if I was working with a really good human being that was a joy to deal with.

xd9z

Reaction score
Has anyone had luck signing up for the Ram credit card after your order is placed, and receiving the certificate in time? I have a purchase in mind to hit the $7,500 immediately, but I read earlier in the thread about potential 8 week wait times.. Thx!

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just not going to play that game. I'll walk away in a heart beat and wait another year or figure something else out. I've been saving and I'm paying cash. My problem is that understanding that "invoice pricing" still has a fat pad leaves me with zero incentive to pay invoice, much less MRSP. Dealing with people that are just going to repeatedly insult my intelligence to my face leaves me even less incentive to pay their commission. I mean, there are 5 Ram dealerships within 30 minutes of my house. Even if I wasn't willing to buy a 1 way plan ticket and drive back, ya gotta give me more than that garbage of a response to compel me to buy from you.

The thing is, I would pay a little more if I was working with a really good human being that was a joy to deal with.
Your best bet is exactly what the previous post said...just wait. Right now it's sellers market and not a buyers market..for in stock items only.

I'm curious to know what dealers are doing for people that want to order...like myself. You would think that they would be happy to have "future" inventory already sold, but I think that currently dealers are pushing hard to get people to buy what is on the lot to make more money.

For example, isn't ford giving folks incentives for people that placed orders for trucks..and waiting?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)

Tomo366

Reaction score
So I found a 21 Ram 1500 Limited in DMV $76855……there are many in this area exactly equipped…I went and test drove it today! Loved it! They Low balled me on the trade….and absolutely would not move on price absolute shame we were literally $20k apart….
I told him upfront I would not deal with 5K mark up when the same Truck 2 months ago was 10K Less…..that OK I am sure someone will roll over

Last edited:

Ididntdoit5150

Reaction score
So I found a 21 Ram 1500 Limited in DMV $76855……there are many in this area exactly equipped…I went and test drove it today! Loved it! They Low balled me on the trade….and absolutely would not move on price absolute shame we were literally $20k apart….
I told him upfront I would not deal with 5K mark up when the same Truck 2 months ago was 10K Less…..that OK I am sure someone will roll over screw Stellantis!
It's not Stellantis' fault that vehicles are scarce and people are willing to pay markups....

Also, if you want an easy, higher dollar buyer for your vehicle, try CarMax, carvana, or vroom. I can't believe what those guys are paying for used vehicles right now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your best bet is exactly what the previous post said...just wait. Right now it's sellers market and not a buyers market..for in stock items only.

I'm curious to know what dealers are doing for people that want to order...like myself. You would think that they would be happy to have "future" inventory already sold, but I think that currently dealers are pushing hard to get people to buy what is on the lot to make more money.

For example, isn't ford giving folks incentives for people that placed orders for trucks..and waiting?

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie (leveled with 2" rc struts and 1" rear spacer on 33.5" toyo open country) , 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (2.5" rc lift with 35" duratracs)
You're definitely not wrong about that. I think a lot of it for me is just the fact that I wasn't really expecting this much drama. I'm new to the thought of a Ram. I've always liked them, and I have a need for a truck (space for our kids and I'm a property owner/hunter) but until recently I was happy waiting for Tesla reservation number to get called (please do mock me, it's cool). I'm getting older, technically have a need for it now sooner than later and I don't really want to buy used.

I am more than happy to just stick a reservation in for an F-150 Lightening unless Ford is going to play drama too. I don't know, I'm definitely in limbo. I'm a huge fan of air ride with my experiences with it on our Grand Cherokee and if you want Air Ride on a truck, well, we all know that short list. I just figure that if I'm going to spend that much cash, I'm going to get what I want. I'm not dropping 60K+ to drive home a truck with missing features and a color I hate because, "Oh well, that's all they had".

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
DEalers here are advertising 5-6 over over sticker on some models.....
Deals can still be found on in stock trucks. I found a 21 BH crew EcoDiesel, 4x4, night edition, level2, cold wx. Sticker 58,220. I was given 53,113 plus TTL. I’ll offer 51
at the end of month when 22 pricing is out. I probably got a decent offer since I’ve purchased 3 previous trucks from this manager.

Stealthall

Reaction score
Can some folks post their recent order deals from Aaron? Preferably Ltd/night around $72k MSRP.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
I haven’t purchased. But asked for a quote on a 3500 Laramie around that MSRP. They came back at 11.5% off MSRP.

Last edited:

Ididntdoit5150

Reaction score
For what it's worth, back in April I got a quote from Pillip at Bud Clery. MSRP on my Laramie 3500 was $82,790. He quoted me $72,700.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can some folks post their recent order deals from Aaron? Preferably Ltd/night around $72k MSRP.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I keep throwing poor Sandi at Mark Dodge all kinds of builds (trying to get specifics clarified without being able to see for myself). The numbers they're feeding back to me are right around 13% under MRSP. I'm surprised they're so good with the chip shortage!

Reaction score
I keep throwing poor Sandi at Mark Dodge all kinds of builds (trying to get specifics clarified without being able to see for myself). The numbers they're feeding back to me are right around 13% under MRSP. I'm surprised they're so good with the chip shortage!
What build are you getting 13% off on? I wonder what determines their % off. Sandi quoted me at 11.5% off a ~70k MSRP build.

Users who are viewing this thread