5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete the active air dam?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It takes some time for all the systems to come back online when you reconnect the battery. This is normal. As a side note I didn't disconnect the battery when I removed air dams.

Rupp

Reaction score
What does the active air dam actually do? Does it simply pull more air into the engine compartment?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Because he unhooked the battery to clear his CEL when he unhooked the AAD connector
Exactly what I thought after finding that detail wasn’t revealed till later in a different thread.

beetlespin

Reaction score
Stops airflow under the truck for less turbulence and better aerodynamics
In this day and age where companies are cutting everything they can off our vehicles to save a dime I'm sure they serve some purpose or they would have been gone a long time ago. Cut away.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In this day and age where companies are cutting everything they can off our vehicles to save a dime I'm sure they serve some purpose or they would have been gone a long time ago. Cut away.
It's all about the EPA MPG rating. Most people won't notice any difference in daily driving with or without it. But it makes just enough difference to increase the rating for the EPA so RAM doesn't have to pay as many fines for poor gas mileage

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's all about the EPA MPG rating. Most people won't notice any difference in daily driving with or without it. But it makes just enough difference to increase the rating for the EPA so RAM doesn't have to pay as many fines for poor gas mileage
I wonder how much they spend on warranty repairs for that flimsy piece of crap? Obviously road hazard damage isn’t covered but everything including the electric motor just seems so cheaply made and not built for long term durability.

People who actually pay to replace them at the ridiculous parts department price maybe make up for the warranty costs though.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I wonder how much they spend on warranty repairs for that flimsy piece of crap? Obviously road hazard damage isn’t covered but everything including the electric motor just seems so cheaply made and not built for long term durability.

People who actually pay to replace them at the ridiculous parts department price maybe make up for the warranty costs though.
Less then the people that pay for it to be fixed outside of warranty I bet resulting in good profits.

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
So I know that I read this on here somewhere about the air dam doing its check (up, down) during either a push button startup or a remote startup and I can't remember which it was, but I don't think Mine is either not doing it or I broke something putting on a bull bar. Is that correct that it goes through its check when you start.
21 Laramie

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So I know that I read this on here somewhere about the air dam doing its check (up, down) during either a push button startup or a remote startup and I can't remember which it was, but I don't think Mine is either not doing it or I broke something putting on a bull bar. Is that correct that it goes through its check when you start.
21 Laramie
The grill shutters do a self check on start, but not the air dam.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Must be on the new rams they do it, I saw a new ram commercial that had it moving at a standstill. Unless that's part of the new ramcharger?
The air dam does not move when stationary, that makes 0 sense.
If you are claiming to of see it, it was fake for a commercial likely to show it as a feature.

ocwill1

Reaction score
back to the resistor question. Not sure if it is possible, however when I had my F150 powerboost, it had an annoying hum while going under 20mph, also a bong sound when backing up. A company came up with a bypass on the speaker that defeated both of those sounds. I had already made my own based on others instructions, but this may be an option. Ford External Speaker Bypass Kit

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
back to the resistor question. Not sure if it is possible, however when I had my F150 powerboost, it had an annoying hum while going under 20mph, also a bong sound when backing up. A company came up with a bypass on the speaker that defeated both of those sounds. I had already made my own based on others instructions, but this may be an option. Ford External Speaker Bypass Kit
Neat, but No need for a resistor when you can just unplug it.

Users who are viewing this thread