5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete the active air dam?

ramhouston

Reaction score
Could someone kindly point me to any available YouTube videos or threads on here demonstrating how to remove the 2019+ active air dams without error codes or whatever? TIA!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Could someone kindly point me to any available YouTube videos or threads on here demonstrating how to remove the 2019+ active air dams without error codes or whatever? TIA!
maybe this

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I doubt there are any videos out there for such a simple job. Just unbolt it, then unplug the connector and tape it up out of the way. I've removed 3 of them and haven't seen any codes thrown.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The active air dam retracts at lower speeds so it should not affect approach angles, the fixed airdam will as it is still pretty low.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
you do know that the active air dam is out of the way unless you reach 35mpg

if you want to remove the fixed air dam lots of videos on that

Nachotaco

Reaction score
I removed my active air dam because it would not fit with my plow mount. About 500 miles later i got a check engine light. dealer said it was from not having the active air dam and there was no way to "fix" it without reinstalling the AAD. then about 200 miles after the light came on, it went away. this info is likely no help, but just my experience. I am not sure what the actual code was, they didnt tell me and i didnt ask. i would leave it installed unless you have a practical reason to remove it.

BostonBLS

Reaction score

397STROKER

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at or thought about removing the active air damn and then cutting the stationary air damn down? Maybe right where it turns down, which would be, I think, about 1.5 to 2" removed.

puba08

Reaction score
There’s a video or two on how to remove both air dams. I just removed the stationary air damn to add a front hitch for my plow and it was an absolute PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There’s a video or two on how to remove both air dams. I just removed the stationary air damn to add a front hitch for my plow and it was an absolute PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I thought it was pretty easy to be honest. Sure, there are quite a few fasteners, but it's not a difficult job. As long as you remove the AAD first.

jakeintexas

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty easy to be honest. Sure, there are quite a few fasteners, but it's not a difficult job. As long as you remove the AAD first.
Which one is the AAD? The plastic one attached with fasteners or the automated one? Looking for any help I can get to remove both ari dam pieces

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Which one is the AAD? The plastic one attached with fasteners or the automated one? Looking for any help I can get to remove both ari dam pieces
AAD=Active Air Dam. Remove that one first. Then you will be able to reach the fasteners for the fixed air dam.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
it was so simple for me i broke off the servo that connects to ADD and just connected and tied it up with it not being connected to the fins and no codes or errors or issues

Users who are viewing this thread