5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

maxmammele

Reaction score
I think thats the problem. You need to change that and add switch too.

68436462AK --- ABS​

68415320AA --- HCU​

68309592AD --- Switch​

this what I've ordered for my 21'Ram and looks like works with 22' too.
Thanks for the part numbers. I was just at this point trying to revert back to normal…

tdb0021

Reaction score
Hi everybody! New member here, have been tirelessly reading this thread and trying to get ACC enabled on my 2022 Big Horn.

The issue I’m having is I have a bunch of warnings and stuff on my dash after trying to follow this guide to use AlfaOBD to enable things. I have the parking bake light, the ABS light, the Stabilitrak light, and all of the safety features are not working (lane keep assist, parking sensors front and rear, etc.)

I’ve tried to reset the ecu to start from square one again but the lights still pop up. I’ve cycled the ignition through the whole process and even disconnected the battery in the hopes of getting things back to normal.

Please tell me I didn’t totally f*** everything up for my truck…..
If you didn’t change out the ABS or HCU you will get errors. What’s happening is your dasm is sending signals that your ABS module cannot understand, is not expecting or cannot fulfill. If you have any ABS module faults, you’ll get all those warnings you mentioned as the ABS module controls all of those features. You should be able to change all the settings back, clear all codes in each module, and then let the truck cycle (turn off, leave it alone for about 30 minutes). This should bring you back to normal. Don’t freak out, I had this happen to me more times than I could count while figuring it all out for the first time. It comes with the territory… It’s also important to know that even though these lights are on your truck is still drivable, you just won’t have those features working. Absolute worst case scenario is you take it to a dealer and they do a configuration restore. But that shouldn’t be necessary.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
Working through my swap right now. Disconnected the battery, changed switch on the wheel, then started on the pump and module. That was fun trying to get the line nuts to thread in but I managed. Went through the bleeding proccess with my neighbor. After manual bleed, hooked the batter back up because I forgot about it before hand, and ran instructions in the guide. I can't find the "Longitudinal acceleration sensor calibration" in AlfaOBD, I only see "longitudinal and lateral sensor calibration" but it fails when I try to run it. Everything else goes through with no problems. I ran it both before and after making the body computer setting changes and it still fails. I finished up the rest of the instructions, cleared codes, power cycled, ran assembly check, cleared codes again, power cycled, and it still fails that sensor check. I'm also getting an error code for ECU in plant mode. I'm now going to let it sit while I make some lunch and smoke a cigarette.
If I'm doing the wrong sensor calibration, can someone point out where the correct one is located? Also anything else that could help me with the ECU in plant mode code it's throwing, unless if just letting the truck sit off is what's gonna do it.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
Okay, truck sat for about half an hour with me browsing the internet in the front seat. Turned it back on, cleared codes again, I was getting C2212 which seems to be an air suspension code which I don't have. But I wasn't getting the yellow brake warning with the esclamation mark, which is an indicator my EPB code is gone. I started the truck up and tried the ABS on some gravel, it is functioning as expected, got on the road and just so happened to be a car coming so I waited for them to pass to test the ACC. It's fully functional as well as conventional CC so the swap has been a success! Only thing I have left is a mystery CEL that I can't find a code for. Nothing in the ABS or Body modules, I can't connect to the airbag module, and many other modules I tried were either empty or also non-connectable. Guess I'll let it sit until after dinner tonight or the morning and check again, but at least my ACC is up and running.

EDIT:
Only error code I'm finding is body computer U0002. Seems to be a pretty generic CAN code, with one possibility being something with the ABS but I would thing that would throw the code under the ABS section? Also Alfa is showing that the code is not requesting the CEL on, yet the light is on, so maybe I'm just missing something or it needs to sit for longer.

Last edited:

tdb0021

Reaction score
Okay, truck sat for about half an hour with me browsing the internet in the front seat. Turned it back on, cleared codes again, I was getting C2212 which seems to be an air suspension code which I don't have. But I wasn't getting the yellow brake warning with the esclamation mark, which is an indicator my EPB code is gone. I started the truck up and tried the ABS on some gravel, it is functioning as expected, got on the road and just so happened to be a car coming so I waited for them to pass to test the ACC. It's fully functional as well as conventional CC so the swap has been a success! Only thing I have left is a mystery CEL that I can't find a code for. Nothing in the ABS or Body modules, I can't connect to the airbag module, and many other modules I tried were either empty or also non-connectable. Guess I'll let it sit until after dinner tonight or the morning and check again, but at least my ACC is up and running.

EDIT:
Only error code I'm finding is body computer U0002. Seems to be a pretty generic CAN code, with one possibility being something with the ABS but I would thing that would throw the code under the ABS section? Also Alfa is showing that the code is not requesting the CEL on, yet the light is on, so maybe I'm just missing something or it needs to sit for longer.
Hmmm that code is a new one to me. What year is your truck? It’s possible it clears itself after a day or so. If it was a serious can error you’d have some other module refusing to work because everything communicates through can on these trucks.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
Hmmm that code is a new one to me. What year is your truck? It’s possible it clears itself after a day or so. If it was a serious can error you’d have some other module refusing to work because everything communicates through can on these trucks.
2022 Rebel. It's not a flashing CEL so it's gotta be something minor. I'm not finding any specific references to anything, just generic CAN bus performance. It might be related to the couple hours it was without power, then the many functions coming over the bus from Alfa with all that initialization and programing. Confused something in the network maybe? I did notice that any time I connected to the ABS module, the ABS and BRAKE dummy lights would start freaking out and the truck would ding at me, so obviously something knows that the brake computer is being accessed, maybe that was blocking some can signals. At any rate, I didn't notice anything that wasn't functioning so I'm not particularly worried about it right now. I haven't tried to start it or pull codes yet since then, I'll do that in the morning and report back with any changes.

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
CEL cleared itself after driving about ten or twelve miles. I haven't pulled codes, not too worried about it. I noticed the windshield washer fluid low light was on and remembered I filled the thing while I was doing the swap, thought maybe that was related but the CEL went out before I got back home to mess with that. Turns out the washer fluid I was using, the orange Rain-X all season stuff, apparently isn't conductive enough for the truck to recognize it. I syphoned a bit out and added some water and that Rain-X concentrate and the light went out. So, future note to anyone else that runs into that, seems like an oddball problem.

tdb0021

Reaction score
CEL cleared itself after driving about ten or twelve miles. I haven't pulled codes, not too worried about it. I noticed the windshield washer fluid low light was on and remembered I filled the thing while I was doing the swap, thought maybe that was related but the CEL went out before I got back home to mess with that. Turns out the washer fluid I was using, the orange Rain-X all season stuff, apparently isn't conductive enough for the truck to recognize it. I syphoned a bit out and added some water and that Rain-X concentrate and the light went out. So, future note to anyone else that runs into that, seems like an oddball problem.
Glad it fixed itself. Another successful installation! Now, go buy a comma if you really wanna see something cool

Draconicus Mechanicus

Reaction score
Glad it fixed itself. Another successful installation! Now, go buy a comma if you really wanna see something cool

Sure, I'll go buy one right now if you send over your credit card! At any rate, I'm moving to Southern California pretty soon, so it's not like I'm going to be driving much. Turning the freeway into a parking lot, yes, driving, no.

maxmammele

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I ordered the ABS module and the HCU yesterday so they should be here by tomorrow so I can swap those out.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all.
Just finish install and want to add my 3 cents.
I've had FCW, ACC service needed, Cruise Control service needed, EPB( yellow brake warning with the exclamation mark) lights on and ECU in-plant mode after install and did numerus resets and following procedure again and again. Always was code C2212 ECU in-plant mode. Couldn't get that EPB light off.
So what I've done was reverting everything in BCM settings before install (had backup file) and when I was connected to ABS module I ran EPB In-Plant Mode ----> Disabled.
After that EPB light was off and I did with success changes in BCM. Checked for faults in ABS and BCM so far no codes and no lights on. Gonna test tomorrow on my way to work if ACC works.

So far everything perfect!!! Thank you all for any input. To the next projects Passive Entry and 360 view.

Last edited:

St-na

Reaction score
I believe You watched already:
I drove almost 15k on comma, thanks for Your advice!

OKRam1500

Reaction score
Got the steering wheel switch, HCU, and new ABS module installed. Lots of other steps later everything is working great.

Thanks for all the great input and ideas.

PotterTRX

Reaction score
Wanted to confirm before I order parts. I'm working on a 2022 Limited with FCW but no ACC. I am only wanting to add ACC so I will need the switch (68309592AD), ABS module (68436462AK) and the HCU (68415320AA). Program with Afla OBD and I should be good correct?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanted to confirm before I order parts. I'm working on a 2022 Limited with FCW but no ACC. I am only wanting to add ACC so I will need the switch (68309592AD), ABS module (68436462AK) and the HCU (68415320AA). Program with Afla OBD and I should be good correct?
That is my understanding from reading through everything several times.

maxmammele

Reaction score
It took forever to get the module and HCU. Had to go through like 5 different suppliers, back and forth it was a nightmare.

As of now, everything is installed…but nothing functions 😭

The ABS and stability control lights are on consistently, the parking brake light comes on sometimes, but clears when I run the Assembly Check procedure in Alfa. I still don’t have functional ACC or Any cruise control, my LaneSense and Auto High Beams are non-functional, as are the front and rear parking sensors.

I’ve literally done every single thing listed in this thread to try to clear the codes and get everything working. Bled the brakes, used the Alfa bleed brake procedure, tried to run the ABS initialization (which is grayed out and un-clickable) and only gives direction to start with Static ECU Initialization, which when I try to run the procedure, it comes back with “Coding data not received” and I presume doesn’t complete the ecu initialization. When clear the codes, I am left with Vehicle Configuration mismatch, implausible vehicle data

Also, when I read the system ID for the BCM, it populates my VIN as usual. However when I read the system ID for the ABS (which I was told was new) it just has a bunch of black diamonds with ?s in the space where the VIN should be on the list. Am I supposed to write my VIN into the new ABS?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Also, I didn’t save a log of everything at first (I know I’m the worst) so if anyone has any related to a 2022 BigHorn Crew Cab 5.7 4x2 Lvl.2 with the Safety Package including FCW, Pedestrian Detection, LaneKeep Assist, and Front and Rear Parking sensors with automatic front and rear braking.

OKRam1500

Reaction score
It took forever to get the module and HCU. Had to go through like 5 different suppliers, back and forth it was a nightmare.

As of now, everything is installed…but nothing functions 😭

The ABS and stability control lights are on consistently, the parking brake light comes on sometimes, but clears when I run the Assembly Check procedure in Alfa. I still don’t have functional ACC or Any cruise control, my LaneSense and Auto High Beams are non-functional, as are the front and rear parking sensors.

I’ve literally done every single thing listed in this thread to try to clear the codes and get everything working. Bled the brakes, used the Alfa bleed brake procedure, tried to run the ABS initialization (which is grayed out and un-clickable) and only gives direction to start with Static ECU Initialization, which when I try to run the procedure, it comes back with “Coding data not received” and I presume doesn’t complete the ecu initialization. When clear the codes, I am left with Vehicle Configuration mismatch, implausible vehicle data

Also, when I read the system ID for the BCM, it populates my VIN as usual. However when I read the system ID for the ABS (which I was told was new) it just has a bunch of black diamonds with ?s in the space where the VIN should be on the list. Am I supposed to write my VIN into the new ABS?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Also, I didn’t save a log of everything at first (I know I’m the worst) so if anyone has any related to a 2022 BigHorn Crew Cab 5.7 4x2 Lvl.2 with the Safety Package including FCW, Pedestrian Detection, LaneKeep Assist, and Front and Rear Parking sensors with automatic front and rear braking.
What error codes are you getting from the ABS module? I had a couple of error codes that wouldn’t clear. I ran the codes through the search tool on this thread and found that there was some sort of new install initialization or something that was required. After completing a few of those everything worked.

Did you check the EPB and ESC In-Plant Modes to make sure they are disabled?

maxmammele

Reaction score
Update: have been able to get everything back to functional. All parking sensors, collision warnings/braking all back up and running. Cruise control and Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go are functioning, however as shown in my pictures below, when I enable them via the steering wheel switch, it doesn’t show on the cluster display, it’s just blank. I am able to change the follow distance behind a vehicle while I’m driving, and you can “feel it” in the truck when it slows/adjusts, but it doesn’t display anything. The only display it shows relating to Cruise Control is when I click it off on the steering wheel, it says “Cruise Control Off” but it never mentions anything about Adaptive Cruise on the display or any distance gauges. Does anyone know if there’s a setting I would have to change in the cluster or radio to enable it to display?

Also, I have all the codes cleared except for the parking brake one, and I also have codes U140A and U1409 in the Engine, for “Implausible Data Received from Wheel Speed Sensor” for the front right and left wheels.

Any advice?

Attachments

• FB6D9836-6E30-4FA8-A2D2-9DBF79F7B0F2.jpeg
    FB6D9836-6E30-4FA8-A2D2-9DBF79F7B0F2.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 53B30A59-E096-4644-9F00-43AB0AEC89C2.jpeg
    53B30A59-E096-4644-9F00-43AB0AEC89C2.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 61A9E8AF-3A40-462C-AB0E-9259250E953E.jpeg
    61A9E8AF-3A40-462C-AB0E-9259250E953E.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 47

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update: have been able to get everything back to functional. All parking sensors, collision warnings/braking all back up and running. Cruise control and Adaptive Cruise Control with stop and go are functioning, however as shown in my pictures below, when I enable them via the steering wheel switch, it doesn’t show on the cluster display, it’s just blank. I am able to change the follow distance behind a vehicle while I’m driving, and you can “feel it” in the truck when it slows/adjusts, but it doesn’t display anything. The only display it shows relating to Cruise Control is when I click it off on the steering wheel, it says “Cruise Control Off” but it never mentions anything about Adaptive Cruise on the display or any distance gauges. Does anyone know if there’s a setting I would have to change in the cluster or radio to enable it to display?

Also, I have all the codes cleared except for the parking brake one, and I also have codes U140A and U1409 in the Engine, for “Implausible Data Received from Wheel Speed Sensor” for the front right and left wheels.

Any advice?
I would recheck alfaObd settings and when connected to ABS module I ran EPB In-Plant Mode ----> Disabled.

Users who are viewing this thread