5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to: Add Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane assist, FCW & Auto Hi-beam to Ram 1500

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
a

what part numbers do i need for this mods
This is what I've got for mine. Mine is V6 with single exhaust. Rear fascia wiring comes with plug for Passive entry module which is my next project.

Attachments

• parts.pdf
    185.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Jeep Wrangler ecodiesel sport with Acc, Bsm and the emergency stop features. And a 2022 Ram 1500 laramie with auto brights, rain sensing, emergency stop. I'm looking into adding the rest of the features to both hopefully wish me luck.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you ordering your stuff from?
It’s a bit of a long story, so I’ll condense it. We have wholsale accounts with every oem-franchised dealer group in my area. I used that account to order from Prince Fredrick RAM. That dealer is not particularly good or anything, but the parts manager is my dad‘s (we have a family business of auto repair) favorite parts guy and has been dealing with him for almost 40 years. I’ve been dealing with him for eight years for all my Jeep/Dodge/RAM side projects. I see why my dad likes him so much. All that being said, the parts guy can’t fix backorders and parts allocation. He basically just has to wait in line for some parts.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What screen do we need? When I look up the center screen with lane assist our year model does not show up.
I don’t have access to the dealer parts system- I’d have to call the dealer. The online parts places are terrible for filtering options, whether it’s a 2012 or 2022 ram. Jimmy07 should be able to tell you which one you need. It would also be helpful if you post that part number here. So you know, I’m only doing the Blindspot monitoring and mirrors part, but the other stuff works also. (I just can’t remember which users already did it)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What screen do we need? When I look up the center screen with lane assist our year model does not show up.
These are the 12” screens for 2022:
Hazard and lane keep assist- 68526598AB
Hazard, lane keep assist, and parallel/perpendicular park- 68526524AB
Do NOT use any other screen part numbers mentioned in this thread for your 2022.

**2019-2021 owners- DO NOT use either of these two screen part numbers in this post on your truck.

franc944

Reaction score
I have a 22 bighorn with the correct windshield, it was ordered with emergency braking also lane keep assist. I am just trying to add ACC

I ordered the acc switch. I was going to order abs module parts but I saw Tyler potters Trx video and all he needed was the switch and programming.

Where are the part numbers on abs parts under the hood to see if I already have the correct module like Tyler potter had?

Was that just a Trx thing and on the peasant big horns I have to change abs parts ?

Also as a long shot question does anyone in Connecticut have a alfa obd computer that I can pay to help me get the acc going?

Tia

Last edited:

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 22 bighorn with the correct windshield, it was ordered with emergency braking also lane keep assist. I am just trying to add ACC

I ordered the acc switch. I was going to order abs module parts but I saw Tyler potters Trx video and all he needed was the switch and programming.

Where are the part numbers on abs parts under the hood to see if I already have the correct module like Tyler potter had?

Was that just a Trx thing and on the peasant big horns I have to change abs parts ?

Also as a long shot question does anyone in Connecticut have a alfa obd computer that I can pay to help me get the acc going?

Tia
hey brother, I'm in Southington, and have alfaobd on an old android phone that works good enough to changing settings and stuff if you want to try to meet up sometime.

I've been meaning to get ACC on my bighorn as well, because I really want to set up a comma.ai unit, but I need to get a windshield with DASM provisions..

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Tia
Interested on what you find out. My big horn is set up like yours. Be cool if we could get away with just the switches.

franc944

Reaction score
hey brother, I'm in Southington, and have alfaobd on an old android phone that works good enough to changing settings and stuff if you want to try to meet up sometime.

I've been meaning to get ACC on my bighorn as well, because I really want to set up a comma.ai unit, but I need to get a windshield with DASM provisions..
Hi Mike,

I sent you a private message. Please reply with your cell.

MrDazana

Reaction score
I too saw that video. I have a 2022 rebel with Forward collision system with breaking and have the proper widnsheild but no lane assist. Can't I just add the switch and program with alfa ?

maxmammele

Reaction score
Hi everybody! New member here, have been tirelessly reading this thread and trying to get ACC enabled on my 2022 Big Horn.

The issue I’m having is I have a bunch of warnings and stuff on my dash after trying to follow this guide to use AlfaOBD to enable things. I have the parking bake light, the ABS light, the Stabilitrak light, and all of the safety features are not working (lane keep assist, parking sensors front and rear, etc.)

I’ve tried to reset the ecu to start from square one again but the lights still pop up. I’ve cycled the ignition through the whole process and even disconnected the battery in the hopes of getting things back to normal.

Please tell me I didn’t totally f*** everything up for my truck…..

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everybody! New member here, have been tirelessly reading this thread and trying to get ACC enabled on my 2022 Big Horn.

The issue I’m having is I have a bunch of warnings and stuff on my dash after trying to follow this guide to use AlfaOBD to enable things. I have the parking bake light, the ABS light, the Stabilitrak light, and all of the safety features are not working (lane keep assist, parking sensors front and rear, etc.)

I’ve tried to reset the ecu to start from square one again but the lights still pop up. I’ve cycled the ignition through the whole process and even disconnected the battery in the hopes of getting things back to normal.

Please tell me I didn’t totally f*** everything up for my truck…..
Did you replace ABS and HCU?

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you do abs init & rolls, as well as the assembly test for the parking brake? the parking brake is a tricky one to get to turn off and the abs module out of plant mode.

Toperz

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t no. That’s why I’m concerned with all of these lights coming on when I only changed the Cruise Control and ACC settings in AlfaOBD
I think thats the problem. You need to change that and add switch too.

68436462AK --- ABS​

68415320AA --- HCU​

68309592AD --- Switch​

this what I've ordered for my 21'Ram and looks like works with 22' too.

Users who are viewing this thread