5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

St-na

Reaction score
@St-na can you confirm that the bracket is inside the mirror already? I know you added this to your mirrors. From your posts, the assumption is that the mounting bracket is already there, and the hole just needs to be drilled.
Somehow I get no notifications, missed Your message. I believe nobody yet bought cameras separately, people were replacing mirrors like You did, or buying used mirrors with camera on ebay and using cameras+bracket out of them, like me. I found out, that separate cameras are more expensive than mirrors on ebay.

St-na

Reaction score
I have two spare brackets

Attachments

• 20240201_132008.jpg
    20240201_132008.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 20

billybaloneey

Reaction score
Now that is something we can do!! i have access to scanning and printing capability….. do we know if left and right are the same?
If you will message me your mailing address...I will send you the camera bracket so you can try doing a 3D printing of it...but I would want you to return my original...and if you make $1,000,000 from duplicating them...cut me in for 10%.

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
If you will message me your mailing address...I will send you the camera bracket so you can try doing a 3D printing of it...but I would want you to return my original...and if you make $1,000,000 from duplicating them...cut me in for 10%.
Waiting to hear back from member St-na … will take you up on your offer if needed …. Plan is NOT to make any money with this, just cover expenses, for the good of car lovers/tinkerers/people everywhere….with the new trucks coming out, and used mirrors becoming more plentiful, and disassembly of existing mirror is a pain… niche market for sure….

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
couldn’t find bracket for non-tow mirror, but I found it for the tow mirror:
IMG_0312.jpeg

Ramhighflyer

Reaction score
^^^^^^^I did see that in my search, and figured it was a misprint/don’t want to sell it / whatever price…. No one in their right mind, unless you are in aviation, would pay that …

hammersfd

Reaction score
I'll be attempting this mod on my 23 Limited, just a couple questions, I didn't find answered in this thread. 56029964AF is the correct part for non tow mirrors? Seems a few people had issues with the view and calibration on standard mirrors. I'm also going to add the digital rearview mirror with the upgraded CHMSL, anything special to make that work. I saw one of the AlphaOBD settings says CHMSL: no? Thanks in advance!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'll be attempting this mod on my 23 Limited, just a couple questions, I didn't find answered in this thread. 56029964AF is the correct part for non tow mirrors? Seems a few people had issues with the view and calibration on standard mirrors. I'm also going to add the digital rearview mirror with the upgraded CHMSL, anything special to make that work. I saw one of the AlphaOBD settings says CHMSL: no? Thanks in advance!
I have a how to on the digital mirror already. Check that thread for answers.

All the part numbers for regular mirrors are listed in the first post. Those have been verified working part numbers.

truckman

Reaction score
I, along with others I'm sure, would be willing to throw some money to whoever might be willing to consolidate all the wonderful info in this massive thread into an easy-to-follow guide with relevant sections for model years, complete with part numbers, video linkouts and general pointers.

Any takers?

vincentw56

Reaction score
I, along with others I'm sure, would be willing to throw some money to whoever might be willing to consolidate all the wonderful info in this massive thread into an easy-to-follow guide with relevant sections for model years, complete with part numbers, video linkouts and general pointers.

Any takers?
That's what this guide is. No need to create something different when the info is already here. I'm actually going to consolidate information in the top. If you have suggestions of what should be there, post them and I'll make sure they are added.

truckman

Reaction score
That's what this guide is. No need to create something different when the info is already here. I'm actually going to consolidate information in the top. If you have suggestions of what should be there, post them and I'll make sure they are added.

That would be very helpful! I think letting folks know about how much nuance is involved is very important, such as the different ways to install the cameras (buy new, repurpose used ones, importance of the mounting bracket), differences between trailer and standard mirrors, grill compatibility, and the spacer for tailgate camera.

hammersfd

Reaction score
How are people running the FAKRA cables from the mirrors into the cab? Are they easy to pass through the rubber boot?

Last edited:

hammersfd

Reaction score
Last question, I think! Has anyone found a good part number for the Ram emblem backing plate for a Limited. There's like 3-4 part #s with the camera hole, and even with a VIN doesn't narrow it down.

truckman

Reaction score
Last question, I think! Has anyone found a good part number for the Ram emblem backing plate for a Limited. There's like 3-4 part #s with the camera hole, and even with a VIN doesn't narrow it down.
I think it's this one 68341471aa, though you can confirm with @bskubon since he mentioned ordering one for his Limited.

Panic

Reaction score
I have two issues with calibration process for 360 view. 2 days ago, I replaced 12 inch uconnect 4c (bezel + radio) with 12 inch uconnect 5. Initially soft buttons didn’t appear and there was no access to any cameras even when I was reversing the car. I live in Australia and talking to Infotaintment.com guys is a challenge. Anyway, they told me I had to start recalibration to see any soft key and access to reverse camera then will be available. I didn’t buy it and started to fiddle with alfaobd and after changing model year to 2022 , soft keys appeared. I also replaced CVPM module with 56029968AF. I noticed CVPM part number in this forum is 56029964AF for uconnect 5. I don’t know if this is the reason for my first issue.
now the issues: 1) when I finish calibration for any cameras other than front camera successfully, the green tick appears then suddenly screen goes blue and show the error that system is not available. Then camera screen returns to normal as if nothing happened. In AlfaOBD, the message is that process was successful. However, I have to disconnect and reconnect to CVPM module to be able to start the process. And when I start the process for the other camera, on screen l see that previously calibrated camera still has black arrow( I am talking about calibration screen with speedometer and steering wheel pictures). The one that I am calibrating is yellow and the rest is black). I don’t know if the calibration process is successfully stored or not.
2) second issue is with front camera. I have a bullbar installed and the bar at front of it partially blocks camera view. I suppose that is the reason for constantly failing calibration. I was thinking about options: getting bullbar removed and calibrate and then put back bullbar. Second: somehow detaching front camera and installing temporarily on front of bullbar and after calibration putting back on. Third one I don’t know if possible. Getting module calibrated in someone’s car and then installing in my car.

sorry for this long text. Hope you guys try to read the whole text and help me

vincentw56

Reaction score
I have two issues with calibration process for 360 view. 2 days ago, I replaced 12 inch uconnect 4c (bezel + radio) with 12 inch uconnect 5. Initially soft buttons didn’t appear and there was no access to any cameras even when I was reversing the car. I live in Australia and talking to Infotaintment.com guys is a challenge. Anyway, they told me I had to start recalibration to see any soft key and access to reverse camera then will be available. I didn’t buy it and started to fiddle with alfaobd and after changing model year to 2022 , soft keys appeared. I also replaced CVPM module with 56029968AF. I noticed CVPM part number in this forum is 56029964AF for uconnect 5. I don’t know if this is the reason for my first issue.
now the issues: 1) when I finish calibration for any cameras other than front camera successfully, the green tick appears then suddenly screen goes blue and show the error that system is not available. Then camera screen returns to normal as if nothing happened. In AlfaOBD, the message is that process was successful. However, I have to disconnect and reconnect to CVPM module to be able to start the process. And when I start the process for the other camera, on screen l see that previously calibrated camera still has black arrow( I am talking about calibration screen with speedometer and steering wheel pictures). The one that I am calibrating is yellow and the rest is black). I don’t know if the calibration process is successfully stored or not.
2) second issue is with front camera. I have a bullbar installed and the bar at front of it partially blocks camera view. I suppose that is the reason for constantly failing calibration. I was thinking about options: getting bullbar removed and calibrate and then put back bullbar. Second: somehow detaching front camera and installing temporarily on front of bullbar and after calibration putting back on. Third one I don’t know if possible. Getting module calibrated in someone’s car and then installing in my car.

sorry for this long text. Hope you guys try to read the whole text and help me
Your calibration issue with the front camera is indeed because of the bull bar. I'd just remove it and calibrate it. You can also have someone else calibrate in their vehicle. It might be slightly off, but probably not enough to mess with anything. Others have bought used CVPM and used the calibration already on it.

Users who are viewing this thread