5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

purz

Reaction score
can you just add the cargo cam to a 2020? Mostly want that but can’t find a separate thread. Best info seems to be in bere

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
can you just add the cargo cam to a 2020? Mostly want that but can’t find a separate thread. Best info seems to be in bere
There are threads on it. This is for the 360 camera system. I'm working on a mod for the digital CHMSL to add a second camera for cargo.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
1) rear guidance lights are a BCM limitation. A 21+ bcm may fix this, however I haven't been able to get a dealer to commit to doing the programing. I'm not sure if a slave bcm with Jimmy's harness for the digital rear view mirror would help or not. Haven't tried that yet or asked?
2) try reading cvpm faults under diagnostics. Clear them if you have any, then try calibrating again. I ran into an issue recalibrating after a new lift and this solved it. Before the rear camera wouldn't take even after working previously.
So I just got some time this weekend to mess with this. Again this is on a 2019. The error I have been getting is
Failed. Condition not correct or request sequence error

I attempted to clear any outstanding errors. Only error that was present was
Faults reported:

3/24/2023 1:26:00 AM
Faults found.
B2286
Error present
Failure warning lamp 'ON': Not requested
Error code: B2286
Calibration Not Learned / Lost Calibration
Last test failed
Error present

When I go to clear it and having the surround view up, the few seconds the fault code stays clear it will actually show the correct spliced 360 picture and the guidance lines. Then shortly after it will go back to the white and black avoidance areas and blacked out 360 area.

I have a the Infotainment 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass.

Looking to get XTOOL FCA 12+8 Cable Adapter for Chrysler SGW Bypass Cable Connector, as I already have an XTOOL

Looking for thoughts and/or suggestions.

Edit: With doing a manual code of 8502 x2 within the CVPM, then disconnecting, reconnecting immediately, then clearing any faults. AlphaOBD allowed me to start a calibration, see all guidelines, and the 360 view. However, it was dark and none of the calibration would take, and all end in a fail. I will try tomorrow during the day. So is this a bug within AlphaOBD?

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I just got some time this weekend to mess with this. Again this is on a 2019. The error I have been getting is
Failed. Condition not correct or request sequence error

I attempted to clear any outstanding errors. Only error that was present was
Faults reported:

3/24/2023 1:26:00 AM
Faults found.
B2286
Error present
Error code: B2286
Calibration Not Learned / Lost Calibration
Last test failed
Error present

When I go to clear it and having the surround view up, the few seconds the fault code stays clear it will actually show the correct spliced 360 picture and the guidance lines. Then shortly after it will go back to the white and black avoidance areas and blacked out 360 area.

I have a the Infotainment 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass.

Looking to get XTOOL FCA 12+8 Cable Adapter for Chrysler SGW Bypass Cable Connector, as I already have an XTOOL

Looking for thoughts and/or suggestions.

Edit: With doing a manual code of 8502 x2 within the CVPM, then disconnecting, reconnecting immediately, then clearing any faults. AlphaOBD allowed me to start a calibration, see all guidelines, and the 360 view. However, it was dark and none of the calibration would take, and all end in a fail. I will try tomorrow during the day. So is this a bug within AlphaOBD?
It’s not a bug. 8502 is the code to suppress faults during a diagnostic session. Keep trying, make sure not to start the calibration until you are already driving.

Daverous

Reaction score
What he said ^ I had to clear and run it several times to get it to take.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
Alright - Success. Attached are the logs of the error that wasn't allowing it to calibrate.
Steps I used -
1) Open AlphaOBD
2) Connect the OBDLink MX+
3) Connect to CVPM Via Advance Mode
- Once Connection Established -
4) Go to Manual Connect
**Within the Send Command:**
4a) Type 8502 - Hit Send...Do this twice.
5) Within Status Fault - Select - Clear Faults
6) Disconnect via Start / Advance Mode
**It will still say connected**
7) Select Connect - You will see the connection reestablish
8) Within Status Fault - Select - Clear Faults
9) Go to Active Diagnostics - Select - CVPM Service Calibration
9a) Selection Option - Front Camera
9b) Start going 2 - 8 MPH. (I kept it about 3-5 MPH)
9c) Select Start - It took about 30 seconds to 1 minute on a successful calibration
** Successful will give you a green check mark and return back to a 360 view with all 4 camera blacked out within 360 view **
10) Repeat steps 4 through 9 with changing the Camera to Left, then Rear, then Right.
**Once complete you will get your 360 Tow Mirrors working !!!!!!

Attached was the faults I had prior to the steps above.

Attachments

• CVPM_PN_Info.pdf
    68.3 KB · Views: 49

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
It’s not a bug. 8502 is the code to suppress faults during a diagnostic session. Keep trying, make sure not to start the calibration until you are already driving.
Jimmy07! Success - Thank you, I found the information for the 8502 in the 3500 forums! So a 2019 can add tow mirrors with ALL the parts required (Door Modules, CVPM, Mirrors)

JustARam23

Reaction score
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas for brackets for the side mirrors? I bought used cameras without brackets . Not too sure if anyone has an alternative

vincentw56

Reaction score
I am not sure on the brackets or screws. I am going to be adding the cameras to my original mirrors. Right now, I am using some junk mirrors from the junk yard, but they are not as nice as mine. When I do this, I will add the procedure on adding cameras to the mirrors in a post above.

Reaction score
Appreciated! This is my plan, I have limited mirrors so it has heated/blindspot/dimming .. I’d rather keep those features so I’m going to drill a hole where they go and do it that way.

It’s been pretty difficult to locate the fasteners . I found the brackets oem but they’re like 250 $, I ended up getting cameras on eBay with them already . Now to find the correct size screw to use . I don’t want to strip the inside of the side mirror where the camera goes so I’ll just have to see how it goes .

(So I have an extra camera for the front or back if anyone wants to buy it off me for like 120.00)

Reaction score
Okay, I verified that #6 3/8 screws work perfect for as the side mirror bracket fastener if you’re going the same route as me !

Reaction score
Update : I have everything installed except for the two side mirrors (waiting on one more to arrive ) , I did the process in alfaobd but I am getting no image. It’s just a blue screen. Anyone have any ideas?

vincentw56

Reaction score
You need to calibrate and can't without all the cameras.

Reaction score
You need to calibrate and can't without all the cameras.
blue screen should go away with calibration? Cool, I was worried something was wrong . Spent all day tearing my grille off , don’t want to do it again to replace a cable or camera 😅

Reaction score
Update : all cameras installed, wires ran. CVPM installed. Still blue screen.

Errors mention ECU communication issue/lost connection to each camera . They’re all connected all lines are intact . Not sure what to do at this point.

Reaction score
If it was a power issue it wouldn’t let me connect to the CVPM correct ? Maybe my harness is faulty . I’m going to ask @Jimmy07

Reaction score
Another update : cameras all have a visual now . But I’m still getting an odd ECU connection error .

On another note, does anyone remember what fuse they put their harness into? Mine is in F27 (Mod Cluster CCN / Mod SGW) but I feel like it’s draining my battery .

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/