5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add 360 Surround View Camera System

TravisH

Reaction score
Glad you got it all working [mention]vincentw56 [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St-na

Reaction score
Is control module coming from Mopar with installation brackets? I see they are shown on the drawing. One control module on ebay sale without any brackets.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is control module coming from Mopar with installation brackets? I see they are shown on the drawing. One control module on ebay sale without any brackets.
Yes, it comes the bracket. I believe I mentioned that above.

St-na

Reaction score
Watched several videos on youtube how to remove mirror cap. Most of the guys have one J-hook broken, during removal. I tried very carefully to push this hooks, anyway one hook is braking per mirror. Anyone was successful to remove the cap without braking J-hooks?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Watched several videos on youtube how to remove mirror cap. Most of the guys have one J-hook broken, during removal. I tried very carefully to push this hooks, anyway one hook is braking per mirror. Anyone was successful to remove the cap without braking J-hooks?
I used a 5 inch suction cup and just pulled. Comes off fairly easy, just need to be careful of the wires.

St-na

Reaction score
Oh, I never had an issue with that. I just pulled the mirror off and removed without too much issue.
Had 4 pcs mirrors with chrome caps, I bought them for cameras and to learn a bit about dissembling, broke one j-HOOK for each cap, during removal. Original cap from my truck was removed without any issues, hooks looks much stronger.
I finally decided to drill original mirror's casing and install cameras, because mine folds much quieter and looks brand new.

Daverous

Reaction score
Going crazy. I've run the front only calibration at least 40 times(g00fy had that issue) with no luck. Every calibration I run stops at about 60, jumps to 80,then errors out. The cameras do function front and rear but not sides.

Also not getting dynamic grid lines in reverse. Not sure if that's standard with the new setup or not though....

vincentw56

Reaction score
Going crazy. I've run the front only calibration at least 40 times(g00fy had that issue) with no luck. Every calibration I run stops at about 60, jumps to 80,then errors out. The cameras do function front and rear but not sides.

Also not getting dynamic grid lines in reverse. Not sure if that's standard with the new setup or not though....
You will get them after calibration. I'm not sure about the issue. Make sure it is sunny or well lit. Try driving in a parking lot or a place that has more detail for the cameras to pick up.

Daverous

Reaction score
May be the issue then! Pretty dark out there. I'll give it a go tomorrow in bright light.
Thanks sir. Have a great New Year!

Daverous

Reaction score
No luck on my end again, even at 11am in an empty parking lot. Stops and 60 and errors out. Not sure if it's relevant but after the third or fourth attempt I always get a notice from alfa that I can't do it in active diagnostics and I have to reconnect to run it again.

Ran it another 40+ times over the span of about an hour in two different lots without success. Frustrating stuff to be this close and having taken so long to do it only to be stopped now.

vincentw56

Reaction score
No luck on my end again, even at 11am in an empty parking lot. Stops and 60 and errors out. Not sure if it's relevant but after the third or fourth attempt I always get a notice from alfa that I can't do it in active diagnostics and I have to reconnect to run it again.

Ran it another 40+ times over the span of about an hour in two different lots without success. Frustrating stuff to be this close and having taken so long to do it only to be stopped now.
What ODB interface are you using? Is it an MX+ or did you rewire the port? Is your CVPM new or used? Have you tired individual cameras? You can do one at a time.

Daverous

Reaction score
MX+. used cvpm which I'm leaning towards being bad. I couldn't find a new one in stock. I've run it individually and as a full recal. Just ran it another 50ish trys in an even larger freshly paved and lined lot without luck.

Always seems to error on the front, which is new parts and does display a proper image. It even seems calibrated already. I used it to hit some parking spaces and it was dang near perfect on lining up.

Alas. I tried to use a 2500 cvpm with a cargo input as well, but that freezes the system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230101_130712_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20230101_130712_AlfaOBD.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 82

St-na

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the third function missing on my passenger mirror, is it auto dimming? @Jimmy07 am I right? In case if I change my mirror, what else do I need to change to have this function?

Attachments

• mirror functions.jpg
    mirror functions.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 138

vincentw56

Reaction score
Anyone knows what is the third function missing on my passenger mirror, is it auto dimming? @Jimmy07 am I right? In case if I change my mirror, what else do I need to change to have this function?
Yes, it is auto dimming. I do not believe you need to change anything to make it work as long as you have the wiring.

St-na

Reaction score
MX+. used cvpm which I'm leaning towards being bad. I couldn't find a new one in stock. I've run it individually and as a full recal. Just ran it another 50ish trys in an even larger freshly paved and lined lot without luck.

Always seems to error on the front, which is new parts and does display a proper image. It even seems calibrated already. I used it to hit some parking spaces and it was dang near perfect on lining up.

Alas. I tried to use a 2500 cvpm with a cargo input as well, but that freezes the system.
Do You keep You key in ACC or RUN position, during programming?

Users who are viewing this thread