5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you change your engine oil?

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I just towed a 6k lb trailer, 2-5 hours trips back to back, I'm getting ready for a big trip, about 16 hours of towing over 2 days. Should I change the oil before the trip? 5.7 hemi, e torque, 2022 25k miles. Thoughts?
I change @ every 5k regardless of towing, but if it makes ya feel better, it can't hurt.

Mr.Grid

Reaction score
So, I just towed a 6k lb trailer, 2-5 hours trips back to back, I'm getting ready for a big trip, about 16 hours of towing over 2 days. Should I change the oil before the trip? 5.7 hemi, e torque, 2022 25k miles. Thoughts?
16 hrs towing is 950 - 1000 miles on average for me. If I’m towing and know the round trip will put me over 5k miles between changes I’ll change prior to leaving even with as little as 3,500 miles on the oil. Oil is cheap and towing is the most stress oil will be subjected too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online