5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you access your bed?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
He's talking about using the Mopar bed step. The cutouts in the Chevy bumper are way higher than the Mopar bed step. So if truck is lifted, you are stretching to get to up to it from the ground. The Mopar extending bed step is awesome. Much better design and lower to ground making entry and exit of bed much easier. Plus you can see it, and you are feeling for a cut out in bumper with you foot
The combination of both would be ideal, TBH. The Mopar step is further down than I’d like.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The combination of both would be ideal, TBH. The Mopar step is further down than I’d like.
I kind of thought that too, but with the 1" rear lift and larger tires, it's about perfect height difference between the ground and tailgate.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I kind of thought that too, but with the 1" rear lift and larger tires, it's about perfect height difference between the ground and tailgate.
I’ll often lower the truck (air suspension) when loading/unloading the bed. So it puts the step a lot closer to the ground. It’s still better than nothing, of course.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
Yes it can be done. Modified Mopar P/N 82216265A bed step. Machined mounting flange to clear existing corner step structure, trimmed corner step lower mounting flange & drilled new mounting bolt hole. It worked out slick. Now I have the best of both worlds. View attachment 68407
Saw this a while back...pretty cool but i don't have MFT

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock height still plus I seem to be younger then you guys I can just step onto the tailgate without a issue or use the bed-step if I’m feeling lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Stock height still plus I seem to be younger then you guys I can just step onto the tailgate without a issue or use the bed-step if I’m feeling lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Show off..... 😁

Users who are viewing this thread