5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How big have you towed? w/Pics no tricks!

Ram92131

Reaction score
This make me feel a lot better about purchasing the Grey Wolf 25RRT I have been thinking about.
I feel like most of these ultra-light trailers have a GVWR of around 7600-7800lbs or so, irrespective of their dry weight. I suspect that's because they are all designed to be towed with a typical 1/2-ton.

Ram92131

Reaction score
This is the heaviest we have towed, bought it in missouri and brought it back home to vegas. 1350 miles. 2021 wildwood wdt24rlxl. shipping weight 5025 had a couple hundred pounds in it, e2 WDH. Truck did great, but loved the gas. 2020 Ram 1500, 3.92, 5.7 etorque, Pulling over the mountains, 5.5 mpg, but had a 35 to 45 mph head wind gust of 60 , and on flats around 10 to 11 mpgs.
I get similar mileage with the same truck config and pulling a 30' TT with dry weight ~5500 and few hundred lbs in it. If I cared about mileage I'd drive a Prius and camp in a backpacker tent.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get similar mileage with the same truck config and pulling a 30' TT with dry weight ~5500 and few hundred lbs in it. If I cared about mileage I'd drive a Prius and camp in a backpacker tent.
Careful there. I threw out the Prius card the other day and all he!! broke loose. Sheesh, some guys are really anal.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Careful there. I threw out the Prius card the other day and all he!! broke loose. Sheesh, some guys are really anal.
I liked my Prius but the wife liked the ride of the Limited so the mpg's got beat out! I will say that car never had anything but preventative maintenance done to it in 6 years and 120K... Nothing broke, ever.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

That's because you guys are throwing out false dichotomys. Don't be surprised when you get called out for it. If my response was in any way interpreted by you as "all hell broke loose" then you may want to seek help 🤦‍♂️

Gun23

Reaction score
Hey, you stole my trailer, and my image! :LOL:

See post #182.

How do you like your 2445?
So far the family loves the 2445. Just spent the last 14 days in it driving from Washington down to crescent city then finally back home to Arizona. Truck pulled it great as well

mr.jacobmc

Reaction score
Anyone pull or own the super lite toy haulers?

Work out of town and 70 a day on a hotel could buy a travel trailer pretty quick, but wanting a toyhauler for that extra options. Just a 700lb honda rubicon. Not a rzr or so of course

These are what I've narrowed down and like the floor plans, all under 800lb hitch weight and about 5500lb empty:
Palomino Puma xle lite 25tfc
Forest river Wildwood fsx 260rt
Forest river salem fsx 260rt
Forest river grey wolf 26mbrr

Vargasvinyls

Reaction score
4F335FF4-8E7B-430D-B15D-EFCFE62955B2.jpeg
19’ 1500 Bighorn with the Off Road Package. Somewhere around 10k area, or so I was told by sunbelt. I have towed heavier, but won’t post those pics to save myself from the comments, lol. Just picked up a new 2021 Laramie 1500 and planning on towing my 5th wheel with it, fingers crossed!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is my rig, been towing it around for a year and half. It’s a Cherokee Grey Wolf 17BBH. Its an RV / Ice house. They call it 17’ but add the 4’ nose and it’s a 21’ camper. Manufacturer specs are 645 tongue weight and 4,600 dry weight. I have not hit the CAT scale with this set up yet, I have air bags that pretty much eliminate the squat and everything else is so far under payload and tow rating I’m not worried about it.
B1415BFE-8625-465C-A087-60C5B7FF7552.jpeg

I read through this whole thread, can’t believe no one else posted pictures of their RV / Ice houses.

The reason I read through this whole thread is the wife and I ordered a new Custom RV / Ice house that is going to be 20’ plus the 4‘ nose so 24’ rig. It is going to be around 6k lbs dry, but this will be a tandem axle where as my current rig is a single axle which I think is why the tongue weight is closer to 15% than 10%. Anyways, I am a little concerned because looking at the tongue of the new trailer I don’t know how you could use a WDH with it. I will be researching and If I find a solution I will certainly share it here. If anyone has an idea how to use a WDH on the tongue of the trailer in this picture let me know.
7A16A4D5-8F1C-4037-BA82-D0FF3E91C6E7.jpeg

Vargasvinyls

Reaction score
Skip the finger cross post the pic and the scale slip. Then tell us how it tows so far. Don't worry about judgement by idiot worry about being the idiot who flys blind then says I didn't know.

Lol same with this guy. Looks ok only would like to see the numbers and hear of his towing experience. https://5thgenrams.com/community/attachments/20190903_092025-jpg.43383/
I was pulling a dump trailer, hauling material in for fill and driveway topping. The operator overloaded me. I had about 20 trips up to this point, each trip hauling around 11-12,000 lbs between the trailer and material. As soon as I pulled away to get on the scale I knew it was heavier. 😬 Once on the scale, I realized that it was overweight. They offered to unload some of the material, but I let it ride. It is only about 9-10 miles from my house. I babied it and made it with no issue.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was pulling a dump trailer, hauling material in for fill and driveway topping. The operator overloaded me. I had about 20 trips up to this point, each trip hauling around 11-12,000 lbs between the trailer and material. As soon as I pulled away to get on the scale I knew it was heavier. 😬 Once on the scale, I realized that it was overweight. They offered to unload some of the material, but I let it ride. It is only about 9-10 miles from my house. I babied it and made it with no issue.
Been there done that. Make you sit up straight in the seat, doesn't it.😬

Users who are viewing this thread