5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the 2019's holding up?

Einstein376

Reaction score
At 40,000, the truck has needed more service than I would have expected. So, far:

Steering rack replacement
Both Power mirrors replaced
Coolant leak = head gasket replaced
Front air dam corroded and replaced

All the repairs took longer due to no parts being available. I have several unresolved issues that are minor such as wind leaks on the doors, poor brake “feel”, etc.

But, I still really like the truck and the ride quality, interior space and options. I certainly am glad I bought the truck and have the extended warranty just in case ;-)

Jim

Mikent

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with around 45,000 miles. the first year it was in the shop several times, sometimes multiple trips to the dealer for the same issues. Had the steering box replaced, both outside mirrors, brakes and probably some other things I forgot about. I guess they’ve gotten all the bugs worked out except for having the worst AC of any vehicle I’ve ever driven. It seems to be a solid truck, no rattles, squeaks and nothing fallen off while I’m driving down the road. Initially have had many more issues than with the Silverados or F 150s I’ve owned, but it is a lot more comfortable to drive.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Laramie in September 2018, had a bunch of issues that took until the beginning of 2020 to get resolved, but all were covered under warranty. I upgraded to a 2021 Limited in July and with the ridiculous user car market I was able to get what I paid for my 2019 Laramie when I traded it in. My 2021 is much nicer with none of the issues I had with my 2019 for the same monthly expense thanks to the great trade value so I couldn’t be happier. If I had to do it all over again I would not buy a first year complete remodel no matter what brand.

BaseballDad

Reaction score
I have a 2019 optioned out Big Horn built in Dec 2018 with about 16K miles. Had the rear window leak issue which was replaced under warranty. Also the front floor mat recall. Otherwise, it's been flawless. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
46k, air suspension sometimes won't raise/lower on the first try. No other real issues.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
33000 miles. Built 7/1/19 drivers mirror "shows" the auto-dim outline 24/7. Auto dim section of same mirror shows shaded area most of time. Speedometer "number" is shaded "half" in tan. Weird. Had the electronic throttle control check engine light this week. Fix: most of fuses in fuse box engine compartment were lose. Once I reseated all of the. Problem solved.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you to those that are keeping this thread on topic. I’m curious about other 2019 owners’ experiences, not about…other topics being debated.

gpbst3

Reaction score
Just hit 25k miles. Leaking rear window, factory paint defect on passenger door, poor AC, rear drivers side door out of alignment, air noise from B pillar area.

No other mechanical issues. Replaced factory tires at 16k. Brakes pads seem good.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
so many people have said they have a problem with the air-conditioning I have never experienced an issue. A-B Pillar: my fourth GEN add noise above 80 miles an hour on the A-pillar don't notice too much on my fifth GEN... my fourth GEN ram brake pads Lasted 60,000 miles no issues with these at 33,000

Bigtone

Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Laramie in September 2018, had a bunch of issues that took until the beginning of 2020 to get resolved, but all were covered under warranty. I upgraded to a 2021 Limited in July and with the ridiculous user car market I was able to get what I paid for my 2019 Laramie when I traded it in. My 2021 is much nicer with none of the issues I had with my 2019 for the same monthly expense thanks to the great trade value so I couldn’t be happier. If I had to do it all over again I would not buy a first year complete remodel no matter what brand.
I feel the same way. Bought a 2019 Laramie new. Dome light switch broke, wind noise, loose rear control arm bolts all within the first year. Then the radio would start sounding super distorted until the truck was shut down for awhile and it rebooted. Traded it for a 2021 Limited after 21 months. Never before have I bought a first year makeover, and I wont again. My 2021 seems fine so far.

ProKubinator

Reaction score

auggiedoggies

Reaction score
2019 Limited with 76k miles on it. Had to replace the exhaust manifold bolts due to ticking, and will need to get the front camera serviced for Lane Assist. Zero issues otherwise, extremely happy with the trunk.

pgers22

Reaction score
have a 19 rebel with about 29k on it. no issues so far. basic oil changes and tire rotation and good to go. only mod is S&B air intake and added hard cover for bed. Guess I got lucky reading some of the stories on here. Oh, did all the recalls only on it as well.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
25k+ miles second hand. Had the AC TSB done earlier this year. Also had the electronic power steering flashed for a noise. Other than that been great

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 2019 Laramie Crew 4x4, 5.7 Hemi in Feb 2021 from a dealer that used it as a manager demo and then as a loaner. I've put 38K on it in 9 months and couldnt be happier. No leaks, no noises and the AC works just fine. I'm averaging 20.9mpg on typical highway runs....love it.

muzikmafiatim

Reaction score
2019 Limited with Hemi. Lots of mis-fire issues. 2019 cylinder 5 had a bad injector, Nov 2021 cylinder 7 had bad compression so they swapped the head, and then a few weeks ago cylinder 3 had a bad injector. Driver side mirror fold in gears were stripped. Still LOVE the truck when it's running. ha ha. Extended the warranty out to 100k so any other issues that WILL pop up is Rams problem. I only have about 30k on the truck, so at this point with dealers having no inventory I am not looking to trade up since I got the truck at a ridiculous price during Ram Truck Month in 2019.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2019 Rebel with 25K had it 3 years. Just the normal recalls and had the mirrors replaced due to broken gears and rear brake anti moan kit.

Users who are viewing this thread