5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are the 2019's holding up?

cuda75

Reaction score
2019 Tradesman Hemi non E-torque 4x4 offroad package, bought August 2020 with 18k. Now at 36k and 0 issues, absolutely love this truck. It's about as low options as can be but I've never needed anymore than the basics plus it's less to go wrong.

Mopar-Rock

Reaction score
33000 miles. Built 7/1/19 drivers mirror "shows" the auto-dim outline 24/7. Auto dim section of same mirror shows shaded area most of time. Speedometer "number" is shaded "half" in tan. Weird. Had the electronic throttle control check engine light this week. Fix: most of fuses in fuse box engine compartment were lose. Once I reseated all of the. Problem solved.
Update. Pulled the Pulsar out after continued ETC - check engine, no issues for 2- days. Seems to be problem with pulsar. Hopefully doing an update to it this weekend

RJS

Reaction score
2019 Laramie Sport built 1/25/19 with 25K miles. Wind noise from sunroof and rear door glass sticking were repaired when I purchased it new. Since then, no issues and it has been rattle and noise free. A/C works fine but I'm in Michigan.

SpikeMike

Reaction score
52k miles on my 2019. Other than the recalls, my only issue so far is the gas filling issue. It's at the dealership right now for that. Love the truck.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Took her home late Dec 2019 and have 31,XXX miles (specs in sig).

- I had the dreaded rear window frame crack first month and leak.. took a week or so for the first repair (before COVID), a few days for the second attempt, and another day to fix everything they screwed up after.. lets just say RAM service leaves A L O T to be desired. (This will be a factor in who I buy my next truck from in a year or so)

- the auto braking engages with nothing behind or infront of me.. RAM service cannot duplicate the fwd auto braking issue and the rear is operating as designed.. or some BS excuse like that. They did recalibrate it, or something. I ended up disabling this feature, but I still randomly get the beeping / flashing warnings on the dash while going down the road.. with NOTHING infront of me.

- the infotainment system is very glitchy (12" screen), again RAM service leaves alot to be desired.

- paint is very thin.. scratches just by looking at it and the front end looks like it was hit with buckshot.. I don't tailgate ppl.

All that being said, she's been a good truck so far and one of the best road trip vehicles I've owned. Decent power, rides smooth, quite, plenty of room, seats are great.. just wish the fuel mileage was closer to EPA ratings.. current lifetime is hand calculated in the high 15's.. previous similarly equipped F150's all got 2-4 mpg better.

LouNY

Reaction score
Picked up my 19 Laramie in April of this year, traded my 15 eco-diesel towards it.
I was looking for a Laramie with the bench seat when I finally found this and it was equiped almost the way I had built a 2021
that I couldn't get a good price on from my local dealers.
Laramie with 18" wheels, bench seat, off road group and the air suspension.
No issues so far runs good, rides excellent, mileage isn't the best I'm only getting high 15's to mid 16's in my normal driving,
my eco diesel did 20-22 mpg in the same driving.
I did get 18+ on a 3 hour trip to N.H.

IndianaRam

Reaction score
2019 Rebel with 56,000 miles, 3 years of ownership. Very happy with the truck. Only have a couple problems:
1. My tailgate is not fitting right and rubbing paint off on both top corners, took it to dealership after a month of ownership and they said there want anything they couldn't do anything. So, I just use touch up paint every once in awhile so it doesn't rust.
2. I'm getting wind noise from driver's side window when I'm doing 85 on expressway.
3. The front bumper paint chips off pretty easy with a lot of expressway driving. (Thinking about removing and rhino lining when I have time)
4. Not the greatest fuel mileage (average about 12-13 around town), but that's what I get for getting a Rebel with off road tires and 3.92 gears.

Other than these little issues the truck is great.

MN5241

Reaction score
Oct 2018 build date. Only issue was squeaky brakes that were replaced under a TSB. 34K miles.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchase date 10/11/18; Build date 05/21/18; 45k miles

Overall, I really like my RAM, but it has had its fair share of problems. More than I have have ever experienced with any vehicle I’ve ever owned, quite honestly,

I have had a lot of the common issues including leaking rear window (replaced), leaking 3rd brake light (replaced), poor A/C performance (TSB performed), weird ANC noises (S/W update), misaligned body panels (dealer finally agreed to send to 3rd party body shop, which made it better, not perfect), excessive wind noise at highway speeds (I just live with it).

I have also had less common issues such as both side view mirrors replaced (passenger side was defective from the factory / driver side heating element failed), radio module replaced for intermittent rebooting, check engine light came on and some sensor replaced (can’t remember which one), I’m sure I’m forgetting something. This truck has spent many nights at the dealership….

Lately, it’s been pretty good (knock on wood). However, the other week I was driving along and the Service ABS light came on, followed by Service Traction Control, followed by 4WD Temporarily Unavailable. It stayed on after two restarts, but eventually went off after about 30 mins of driving, then it came back on briefly and went off again.. and it’s been off ever since.

Needless to say, this is a little concerning, being intermittent. Without the Traction Control, and especially 4WD, this thing is useless in wet/ snowy conditions. Plus, driving in any conditions without ABS is very dangerous.

kittyjo

Reaction score
41k and the back up screen stays black unless I have to unplug battery then plug it back in.. tailgate when cold or mild cold 40degrees is super hard to open..

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Bighorn purchased Oct 2019 (July 2019 build)
26,500 miles
Issues I‘ve had were: 3rd brake light leak (replaced window), Master cylinder went out (replaced), valve body on the transmission replaced when it got stuck in 3rd gear once, and drivers side mirror replaced due to vibration.
All replaced under warranty.
Otherwise it’s been a great truck so far.

knightro84

Reaction score
2019 Laramie factory order, built in October 2018, delivered in December 2018. Just crossed 20k miles a couple weeks ago. Only issues to date:
- Leaky back window that I fixed myself w/ a better third brake light seal and some silicone around the window frame.
- Front axle disconnect stopped working (wouldn't engage 4WD), replaced under warranty.
- TSB's applied to update radio and TCM (I didn't ask for they were applied when I brought the truck in for the V07 and V71 recalls)

Only thing I haven't fixed yet is the sliding rear window rattles around when it's open and I'm driving on bumpy roads. Everything else has been routine maintenance.

Have been seriously considering taking advantage of the hot market and selling/trading in and ordering a TRX from Koons at $10k below sticker. I ordered this truck from them and it was a good experience.

Last edited:

BlkLimited22s

Reaction score
11/2019 build = leather dash pad bubbling, rear brake noisy in reverse (TSB), rear window surround cracked, driver side power running board motor slowing down needs replacement, wind noise from driver side door above 55 mph, 360 camara gets pixilated when humid but only with temps between 25-35 degrees, 12 uconnect locks up every so often

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ownership specs in my sig. Was one of the first 2019 Rebels in town, ordered it the first day my dealer could submit. My 19 replaced a 2016 Rebel that had air ride issues.

Tons of small issues on the 19 that have been addressed quickly and with complete satisfaction. Basically the same laundry list everyone has, brakes, rear window, uneven tire wear. Nothing, zero, nada longterm. Everything that was fixed has remained intact and functioning properly.

In 2018 when I finally had enough of my "nearly out of warranty" 2016 Rebel the dealership and Ram gave up on me. If not for the incredible trade-in value I got, I would have walked away from Ram.

That being said, the question was overall feelings and impressions after 3 years of ownership. Smiles. That's all I have now when I drive my Rebel. Big a$$ smiles. I will be driving this truck for many years to come.

Glenn54

Reaction score
2019 Laramie, almost 50k miles, towed 5,000 lb trailer about 3,000 miles. I replaced tires at about 40k miles. Changed oil differential fluid, normal maintenance. Zero problems except shaky driver side mirror.

smankins

Reaction score
Built in July 2019 and bought in July 2019. I have not had any major issues that lasted. The rear camera display went reddish pink on me once but then cleared up the next time it was started. I have had the air conditioner turn off on its own 3 or 4 times but nothing in the last year or so (I probably just jinxed myself). A/C works fine but the auto climate control sort of sucks especially on a cold day - fan blows hard (cold air) before the truck is warmed up. One caveat is that I don't put many miles on it, only about 18,000 so far.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchase date 10/11/18; Build date 05/21/18; 45k miles

Overall, I really like my RAM, but it has had its fair share of problems. More than I have have ever experienced with any vehicle I’ve ever owned, quite honestly,

I have had a lot of the common issues including leaking rear window (replaced), leaking 3rd brake light (replaced), poor A/C performance (TSB performed), weird ANC noises (S/W update), misaligned body panels (dealer finally agreed to send to 3rd party body shop, which made it better, not perfect), excessive wind noise at highway speeds (I just live with it).

I have also had less common issues such as both side view mirrors replaced (passenger side was defective from the factory / driver side heating element failed), radio module replaced for intermittent rebooting, check engine light came on and some sensor replaced (can’t remember which one), I’m sure I’m forgetting something. This truck has spent many nights at the dealership….

Lately, it’s been pretty good (knock on wood). However, the other week I was driving along and the Service ABS light came on, followed by Service Traction Control, followed by 4WD Temporarily Unavailable. It stayed on after two restarts, but eventually went off after about 30 mins of driving, then it came back on briefly and went off again.. and it’s been off ever since.

Needless to say, this is a little concerning, being intermittent. Without the Traction Control, and especially 4WD, this thing is useless in wet/ snowy conditions. Plus, driving in any conditions without ABS is very dangerous.

*****Update: Of course I jinxed myself!! Service ABS/ Servixe Stability Control / 4WD Temporarily Unavailable lights all came back on.

I have the Rough Country Speedometer Calibration tool, which also reads DTCs, so I plugged it in and Code U140A came up (Implausible Right Front Wheel Speed Signal Received).

I am picking up an ABS wheel sensor from the dealer tomorrow (~$30). Should be a pretty straight forward install.. hopefully that fixes it, and it’s not the ABS module.

Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread