5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How’s your 2019 Ram running? Take our poll!

Did any of the following systems function improperly, or require repair?

• Total voters

jschneider910

Reaction score
Anybody have abnormal wear on the 20" Bridgestones that come on the Limited? Getting noise and rounded edges already at 8500 miles. I've never been a fan of Bridgestones, but didn't exactly have a choice. No complaints other than that!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anybody have abnormal wear on the 20" Bridgestones that come on the Limited? Getting noise and rounded edges already at 8500 miles. I've never been a fan of Bridgestones, but didn't exactly have a choice. No complaints other than that!

I recall at least a few members that needed an alignment right after delivery. I'd ask your dealer to check it. The reason should be self-evident to them.

ronkaren

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my u-connect, while updating radio, the tec said the radio blacked out. waiting know to have new radio installed.
When i was trying to start truck from remote through phone, I would get a "attempt failed" notice. anyone else with similar problems?

scola77

Reaction score
Day 3 and no problems to report. The only thing I can find is a broken connection to streaming of SiriusXM channels (360L), but this is either software related (hopefully) or a problem on SiriusXM’s part.

RNB

Reaction score
We got ours Friday 300 miles no problems at all only problem is a paint chip on rambox and it's going to be repainted as soon as the paint arrives. Love this truck (white limited with off road group and standard 5.7/all options except towing group and up grated 5.7)

Arkansas Jeff

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Riding as the passenger for the first time in my Ram Rebel I noticed some Vibration almost as if we was hitting rumble strips but there was no rumble strips

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been having problems with my u-connect, while updating radio, the tec said the radio blacked out. waiting know to have new radio installed.
When i was trying to start truck from remote through phone, I would get a "attempt failed" notice. anyone else with similar problems?
How do I know if I have the latest update on my 12.1 Uconnect display!

gatorhwk

Reaction score
July build and 550 miles Limited - The steering sticks a bit when cornering left and trying to straighten back out. Very noticeable on twisty roads. The bluetooth seems to have some kind of electrical interference when brakes are applied or you have stopped. Micro second dropouts and pops that dont occur if you are using USB.

Hmm ... My Laramie's is the same month build, has a couple hundred miles on it and has the same steering sticking issue when tracking left on the highway.

I've also heard the much-discussed clunk a couple of times but it's very mild. I assumed it would be much louder for some reason.

Other than that this truck rocks.

John

Reaction score
I will have to pay more attention to my steering (Limited 770 miles July build date) I think it may be sticking also. I thought it might be the "lane departure" feature kicking in.
Also, my headlights don't move at all when I turn the steering wheel. I have made sure it is turned on in Uconnect. Guess a trip to the dealer is in my future!
But, I ABSOLUTELY love this truck!!!

John

Dontfront82

Reaction score
Check engine light on at 1800 miles! Engine cylinder 1 misfire! I undid battery to reset. Chdck engine light gone, but now Most of my apps are gone on my connect 12 screen and a/c acting up! Wtff

clearwater

Reaction score
Anybody here in cold climates? Mines only 2 weeks old and boy, she don't like to start in the cold! Was about 5 degrees (-15 Celsius) this morning and it took two try's and when it did fire it ran very rough for about 10seconds, almost sounded like a few intake "pops" when it first took. This is the second bad cold start in the last few days. I also notice lots of suspension noise too, seems related to our recent cold snap (groaning/creaking sounds). We'll get to 25 below as usual, hope this truck can handle it lol.

Ktar

Reaction score
After reading this thread I am hesitating getting a 2019 RAM.
lol maybe I should go with F-150
Didn't see so many complains on Ford forum.
Getting my first truck in two weeks and the last thing I would want is going back to dealer three times a week.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After reading this thread I am hesitating getting a 2019 RAM.
lol maybe I should go with F-150
Didn't see so many complains on Ford forum.
Getting my first truck in two weeks and the last thing I would want is going back to dealer three times a week.

You don't look very hard then
"My ecoboost has issues in the rain!"

Goodluck with your truck search.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just have an issue with the pano sunroof sunshade. Everything else has been great.

With so much going into a vehicle these days and the number of parts in them, it's rare to ever have a new vehicle where nothing goes wrong when you start using it.

My brother-in-law's F350 is going back to the shop for the 4th time in the past few months. Diesel regeneration issues.

Good luck in your quest for the perfect vehicle.

ETA: Got my issues with the sunshade and another with swaybar end links resolved (thanks RamCares). Just loving my Limited.

Last edited:

John

Reaction score
Had a '14 Silverado from new, headache from day 1.
Love my Ram!

John

Ktar

Reaction score
You don't look very hard then
"My ecoboost has issues in the rain!"

Goodluck with your truck search.

Never liked ecoboost.
I'd either get the coyote 5.0 or Hemi 5.7 no etorque.
I think the Hemi 5.7 is fairly reliable, and no reason to question ZF 8 speed either.
Seems most issues are electrical.
The ford interior is simply unbearable once you've sit in a Laramie.
I'll take my chance, lol.

cubsflfan

Reaction score
Still waiting on parts to correct the slow turn knocking noise (
I put under suspension allow it is not a suspension issue) and I checked off body due to a clear wind air leak noise heard in back right possibly from around right rear window. My dealer ordered new weather stripping to try to resolve.

Users who are viewing this thread