5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hood light mod from Flux Geare

Battman

Reaction score
Does this light not affect the weatherstrip under edge of hood
No. Weather strip is still fine. It is a little tougher to close hood but everything still works and closes.

paul30415

Reaction score
It is a micro fuse. You can get at almost any auto parts store. I just showed them the Amazon photo I posted and they got them for me. I actually used F60 and hope other photo shows you how I placed micro circuit. It has a 20amp I added another 20 amp. Overkill but have had no issues. I’m going to notch out side of cover so lid will lock when I get a chance.
Battman, I installed mine today and it went very smoothly thanks to your advice. I get a real kick out of it. Thanks again!

Paul

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this light on a truck with the Mopar bug deflector?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
From the pics it looks visible in the gap in the hood, is that the case... curious how much is stands out on a black truck in the light!

syachcik

Reaction score
I ordered mine prior to seeing this post. I was curious where other ram owners stuck there’s. I was going to mount mine right in front of the seal. I was just wondering how others went thru that dip in the center of the grill and any pointers.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
I used add a micro circuit for positive and ring terminal on negative. Also a couple of photos of how strip is placed. You don’t just lay against black plastic or it will get cover by black seal on hood. Wires.jpg
I filed a round to run the wire under the plastic cover to hide (Photo 4). Cleans the area up!

Last edited:

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Ordered 12/20/22 and installed probably 2 to 3 weeks later. By second week of February I noticed it not working. Power Probe check and the power is there but the light DOA. Amazon date to return by 1/31/23 but went to online chat & have a refund in pocket. Kinda like when you get service that stands behind their product! Will probably order another when it warms up, like the look and for $30 it was worth it to try it again.

Carlmyman

Reaction score
What fuse did you wire it to?
I connected it to my Trigger 4 mounted on top of my fuse box. Mine died after 5 weeks & I got refunded from Amazon. Plan on getting another when the weather warms up. I'll check under my hood & let you know the fuse # later on today. Just watched Waterfowlers video & it's Fuse F37 in your underhood fuse box. It is only hot when the truck is running so you won't run your battery down. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG20221022144052.jpg
    IMG20221022144052.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
They recently released a 2.0 version of this with RGB as well as turn and brake signal options. I ordered a pair to play with but they have individual LED's instead of the seamless light strip of the original and I don't care for it at all. At least not for the front of the truck anyways.

I was wanting to add some lighting that activates when I deploy my running boards so I may end up using them in that application where the strip itself is hidden.

St-na

Reaction score
Where did you tap that into under the hood?
There are several sizes, first I purchased 70" , which is too short, I returned and got 79". This strip have quality problems, end caps not sealed at all, plenty bad reviews are claiming that strip failed 2-3 weeks after installation. I made some improvements by superglue for mine, hope it will last longer.

Attachments

• 20230305_133911.jpg
    20230305_133911.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230305_134442.jpg
    20230305_134442.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 29

Standing Wolf

Reaction score
Just saw this. Looks great. I will be ordering it for my 2021 Rebel. Hopefully I don't run into any issues. Thought to get the blue to match my front hooks but I heard it's illegal to have blue lights in the front here in FL.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I bought one, tested it with a 12v battery but never did anything with it.
I don't think it will fit under my hood like people did, I also have a weathertech wind deflector that fits terrible and I think takes up more space there also.

Insanity

Reaction score
Well I'll add that to the list. Who needs money in the bank anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread