5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone, this is Matt from B2 Fabrication

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
A couple of people have mentioned not having a video for the Pypes version. There is a reason for that.
I have been selling Magnaflow and Pypes products for almost a decade, always through a distributor. Last year I approached Magnaflow to buy direct and they pretty much laughed at me. That led me on a bit of a mission where I ended up at the Sema show last year and talked to a bunch of different companies about making a muffler for us. Now we are all set to have our own mufflers manufactured with our Logo, they are being built as we speak. These are identical to the Magnaflow in construction, performance, and sound. I have cut them apart and verified the quality, they are REALLY nice!
Anyway, we will be using these new mufflers starting early February, I will also have new videos of each.
As far as I know there is nothing at all wrong with the Pypes mufflers, we had one come back for a rattle but I cut that one apart and there was nothing wrong with it, sometimes if the system isn't clamped on tight enough it will rattle, I suspect that is what happened in that case.

View attachment 44155

Do you think B2 will be getting into the bolt on catback game now that you’ll have your own mufflers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingRebel

Reaction score
Well... That's a very subjective question. What's loud to me may be quiet to others and vice versa.
In my case, I was looking for a low growl when idling and under acceleration, while quiet at highway speeds, and the B2 Mag delivers on all counts. It may be too quiet fo some, but for me it's just right, and definitely way better than stock.

Cheers,
Yes. Same for me as well.

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Do you think B2 will be getting into the bolt on catback game now that you’ll have your own mufflers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not think so, I like doing these Retrofit mufflers, they are easy to handle and fit in small boxes which is great. I am not sure how much market there would be for a full catback, there is already much bigger companies doing it well. We will be offering a really cool resonator delete and bolt on exhaust tips a month or two from now, those are in production now just not for sale yet.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do not think so, I like doing these Retrofit mufflers, they are easy to handle and fit in small boxes which is great. I am not sure how much market there would be for a full catback, there is already much bigger companies doing it well. We will be offering a really cool resonator delete and bolt on exhaust tips a month or two from now, those are in production now just not for sale yet.
Fair enough, its hard to stomach cutting into a new trucks exhaust for the cut and clamp style. Wish the 2019+ were able to swap out mufflers like the OBS Rams could...

btwistd

Reaction score
@B2 Fabrication Ordered my DR-06 last night. I like to support the small business owners, especially w/ USA made products. Looking forward to getting it on the truck.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Matt, any update on the resonator delete and tips kit?

Will the tips be 5” polished black, black chrome or a matte black? Please say polished or black chrome...and 5” or 5.5”.

shktrk

Reaction score
Matt, any update on the resonator delete and tips kit?

Will the tips be 5” polished black, black chrome or a matte black? Please say polished or black chrome...and 5” or 5.5”.

Me too, me too!

B2 Fabrication

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I am picking up the parts for the resonator deletes tomorrow, the tips are supposed to be here in two weeks. We are getting very close! The tips will be 5" polished stainless, I may offer black in the future but not right away.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
What do you feel the resonator delete will do to sound and potential drone? Any costs on all of the above? Thanks

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you feel the resonator delete will do to sound and potential drone? Any costs on all of the above? Thanks
the resonator deletes are a must in my opinion. drone isnt bad in the 5th gen, i had full straight pipe on this already and it wasnt nearly as bad as you'd think on the inside lol. right now i have the B2Fab Pypes muffler (the more aggressive option from B2Fab) with resonator deletes. if you're worried about drone or loudness, the magnaflow would be better. to me, everything sounds like $h!t with the resonators still on these 5th gens. The 4th gens werent like this! some people plug the weep holes on the resonators and that apparently fixes the bad sound, but i personally never tried that

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^ just to add to that, I tapped my weep holes just to test. And it does make a difference with getting rid of additional drone/added noise through rpm range bouncing around under truck not just at idle. In short, cleans up the sound to my liking.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^^ just to add to that, I tapped my weep holes just to test. And it does make a difference with getting rid of additional drone/added noise through rpm range bouncing around under truck not just at idle. In short, cleans up the sound to my liking.
Then why do a resonator delete if you can just fill the weep holes in the existing resonator? Getting rid of the resonators does nothing to increase performance...only sound related.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^good question idk. Myself, be keeping mine. Just going to permanently block the weep holes when I get around to it. As I enjoy the slight help the resonators do to tame/deepen the sound.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
^^^^good question idk. Myself, be keeping mine. Just going to permanently block the weep holes when I get around to it. As I enjoy the slight help the resonators do to tame/deepen the sound.
I have zero plans to do a resonator delete on my truck either. I see no purpose or value in it at all.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have zero plans to do a resonator delete on my truck either. I see no purpose or value in it at all.
The resonators do a lot in reducing the volume as well, so if you’re a nut like me and don’t think doing a muffler swap is loud enough, you’ll need to delete the resonators as well lol they make a big difference in sound and volume.

Jbartlett

Reaction score
I am picking up the parts for the resonator deletes tomorrow, the tips are supposed to be here in two weeks. We are getting very close! The tips will be 5" polished stainless, I may offer black in the future but not right away.
When will they be available for purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread