5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a Labeled Fuse Diagram for the 1500

Narg

Reaction score
One of these days I'll figure out how to diode jumper the fog lights on high-beam shut off to stop that silliness. Like I did my old Chevy before. :)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Where is the interior fuse box located on the 2021 Laramie 1500?
Right under the steering column. Remove two screws at the bottom the plastic panel and the rest is held in with a few clips and will pop off. Right behind that plastic panel you'll see the fuse pane. MICRO2 fuses.

Donmacky

Reaction score
Right under the steering column. Remove two screws at the bottom the plastic panel and the rest is held in with a few clips and will pop off. Right behind that plastic panel you'll see the fuse pane. MICRO2 fuses.
Thanks for the info

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is there a list available for what each fuse does?

Malodave

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nice write up. What are the "CB" breakers for?

Matttt

Reaction score
FanFRIGGINtastic!!! MANY thanks!
Hello
im trying to install my dash cam, but im having the same problem u had, till now i cant locate a constant power for it, i was thinking of power seat fuse but i couldnt find it in forums , which one did u use ??

thx alot :)

HAL9001

Reaction score
Hello
im trying to install my dash cam, but im having the same problem u had, till now i cant locate a constant power for it, i was thinking of power seat fuse but i couldnt find it in forums , which one did u use ??

Fuse position 54A supplies constant power (see this post). You can use a Micro2 fuse tap to access it. Be aware that the OEM fuse might be located in position 54B. Moving it to position 54A will supply constant power to the center seat power outlet. This should not be a problem unless you leave something plugged into it when the vehicle is not running.

Other fuse locations may supply constant power as well. You can locate these by first consulting this fuse chart for the Internal Fuse Panel and then using a voltmeter to test for 12 VDC power when the vehicle is off.

Last edited:
Reactions: c3k

HAL9001

Reaction score
Nice write up. What are the "CB" breakers for?
I could not find online documentation for the circuit breakers. If I ever come across that, I'll update the charts. If anyone has that information or a copy of the wiring schematics, please let me know.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hello

You want to use F66 for Ignition power and F33 for constant battery power (if you are going to use PARKING MODE, which is highly recommended, you will use them both).

Matttt

Reaction score
Fuse position 54A supplies constant power (see this post). You can use a Micro2 fuse tap to access it. Be aware that the OEM fuse might be located in position 54B. Moving it to position 54A will supply constant power to the center seat power outlet. This should not be a problem unless you leave something plugged into it when the vehicle is not running.

Other fuse locations may supply constant power as well. You can locate these by first consulting this fuse chart for the Internal Fuse Panel and then using a voltmeter to test for 12 VDC power when the vehicle is off.
thx a lot man
appreciate it :)

actalar

Reaction score
Edit: I've updated all the information here to a much more comprehensive thread covering both the internal and external fuse panels. Please see this thread for the update and a lot more information.

I was installing a Dash Cam and a Radar Detector in my new 1500 and I needed to find a fuse with constant power and one with power only when the engine was running to tap into. It's ridiculously difficult to locate specific fuses on the internal fuse box because they're labeled so poorly in tiny black-on-black characters and hardly any are labeled.

So, I decided to take the time to label each fuse location for future reference. It's very useful so I'm posting it here if anyone else can use it. It's always good to know where each fuse is and what it does especially if one blows while you're on the road RVing or on vacation.

sss9Bha.jpg

This is from a 2021 1500 Limited but it should be close to other 2019-2021 1500's as well with some fuses added or missing depending upon what options you have.

You can find a description for each fuse starting on page 460 of the owner's manual. I've also included this info as an attachment below. If you store this on your smartphone or print it out and keep a copy in the truck, you'll have a much better reference for the fuses if you ever have any problems.

It's also interesting and important to note that RAM used three different types of fuses in the Internal Fuse Box.

They use Micro2 Fuses, Micro3 Fuses, and MCASE Fuses. So, if you want to stock some spares, you'll need all three types.

View attachment 82990

There are also four 25 Amp Circuit Breakers, CB1 - CB4, labeled from top to bottom.
Thank you very much for the information. I found exactly what I needed. RAM1500 2021 BIGHORN BUILT TO SERVE.

jimmy_rodden

Reaction score
Edit: I've updated all the information here to a much more comprehensive thread covering both the internal and external fuse panels. Please see this thread for the update and a lot more information.

I was installing a Dash Cam and a Radar Detector in my new 1500 and I needed to find a fuse with constant power and one with power only when the engine was running to tap into. It's ridiculously difficult to locate specific fuses on the internal fuse box because they're labeled so poorly in tiny black-on-black characters and hardly any are labeled.

So, I decided to take the time to label each fuse location for future reference. It's very useful so I'm posting it here if anyone else can use it. It's always good to know where each fuse is and what it does especially if one blows while you're on the road RVing or on vacation.

sss9Bha.jpg

This is from a 2021 1500 Limited but it should be close to other 2019-2021 1500's as well with some fuses added or missing depending upon what options you have.

You can find a description for each fuse starting on page 460 of the owner's manual. I've also included this info as an attachment below. If you store this on your smartphone or print it out and keep a copy in the truck, you'll have a much better reference for the fuses if you ever have any problems.

It's also interesting and important to note that RAM used three different types of fuses in the Internal Fuse Box.

They use Micro2 Fuses, Micro3 Fuses, and MCASE Fuses. So, if you want to stock some spares, you'll need all three types.

View attachment 82990

There are also four 25 Amp Circuit Breakers, CB1 - CB4, labeled from top to bottom.
Which fuse position did you use for your dash cam?

HAL9001

Reaction score
Which fuse position did you use for your dash cam?
My dashcam required two power feeds, one with ignition power to turn on and operate the dashcam, and one with constant power for the feature which allows it to continue recording for a while when the vehicle is turned off.

For ignition-only power, I tapped fuse F20.

For constant power, I tapped Fuse F54 (moved to the A position).

I selected these fuses because neither is critical to the operation of the truck should anything go wrong.

sport1012

Reaction score

sss9Bha.jpg

View attachment 82990

Users who are viewing this thread