5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! - Limited DRL LED Accent Light Not Working Only On Drive Side

jimbotron

Reaction score
Having the same exact issue with my 2020 Limited. I am still within the warranty period, so hoping the dealer will cover this. Did all of you go to the dealer first, or did you call FCA first? I don't want to waste my time at the dealer and have to then escalate when they initially deny it, as seen by many of the other posters in this thread.

Wirerat

Reaction score
Head lights are usually not covered under the standard limited (bumper to bumper) warranty.

Headlights, and tail lights are considered a wear item like brake pads.

A specific dealer could still hook you up. Or an aftermarket warranty might cover it. Not sure.

Good luck.

Last edited:

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Having the same exact issue with my 2020 Limited. I am still within the warranty period, so hoping the dealer will cover this. Did all of you go to the dealer first, or did you call FCA first? I don't want to waste my time at the dealer and have to then escalate when they initially deny it, as seen by many of the other posters in this thread.
Hey!

If you do decide to take this into a dealer, send us a DM. We can assign you to a case manager who can advocate for you while your vehicle is being repaired.

Callie
Ram Cares

jimbotron

Reaction score
Thanks Callie. I made an appointment already for next week and will DM the info over.

Pelov008

Reaction score
Having horrible issues for RAM to cover this, been on the phone with RAM and Mopar all day and they keep blaming it on lightbulbs which its not, these are LED's. Service Manager is no help, gave up as soon as his system said the part isnt covered (whole housing since his diagnostics says its a failed board in the housing). Man, love this truck, but dealing with service and RAM warranty is proving to be like pulling teeth to get something done SMH. I have a message with RAMcares so hopefully they can help as i've already invested 5 hours today into this smh.

Any help from previous people how they got help?

jimbotron

Reaction score
Having horrible issues for RAM to cover this, been on the phone with RAM and Mopar all day and they keep blaming it on lightbulbs which its not, these are LED's. Service Manager is no help, gave up as soon as his system said the part isnt covered (whole housing since his diagnostics says its a failed board in the housing). Man, love this truck, but dealing with service and RAM warranty is proving to be like pulling teeth to get something done SMH. I have a message with RAMcares so hopefully they can help as i've already invested 5 hours today into this smh.

Any help from previous people how they got help?
are you still under warranty?

jimbotron

Reaction score
Then they should cover it. I had the same issue under warranty and had no issues with the dealer I purchased it from covering in entirety.

I had RamCares open a case and they were on standby ready to help. They even spoke to the dealer to stay in the loop and confirmed it was covered under warranty.

I will DM you my case number. Open a case with them and see if my case number can help in any way since it sounds like it's the exact same issue and they covered mine.

Pelov008

Reaction score
Apologies, not the 3/36 but the Mopar platinum or whatever they called it. It was a CPO that i upgraded to the better warranty when i purchased. Read the fine print and seems like it should be covered as its not a bulb but a failed computer board in the housing.

jimbotron

Reaction score
Ah OK - that's different than mine - I was under the 3/36. Not sure if it matters.

MortgMan77

Reaction score
Hey Jimbotron, would you be so kind as to DM me your case number and who you spoke to as i am having the exact same issue and still within my 3/36 original factory warranty. Same LED Accent top/bottom light going on quick an then immediately off, only on drivers side. I appreciate it, i now have to deal with Dealer Service and support, Ugh.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey Jimbotron, would you be so kind as to DM me your case number and who you spoke to as i am having the exact same issue and still within my 3/36 original factory warranty. Same LED Accent top/bottom light going on quick an then immediately off, only on drivers side. I appreciate it, i now have to deal with Dealer Service and support, Ugh.
Have you taken the truck in yet?

pullejo

Reaction score
I’ve got the same problem on my 2019…. I’m out of factory warranty of course but purchased the CPO warranty that’s good through 2026…. Does anyone know if this would possibly be covered with the $100 deductible? $1400 seems criminal.

Edmac786

Reaction score
I took the front of the truck apart and finally got to the headlight assy. Unfortunately the part that I received is for the passenger side. The PC Boards appear to be the same except that they are formed to the headlight. Passenger and driver are not interchangeable. I did try the replacement one and it did not work. When I turn my headlights on, the accent lights come on and then got out. I left the PC Board disconnected and turned the lights on and the accent lights did not come on at all. This leads me to believe that I am on the correct PC Board. The driver side is P/N 6002TZ0303. The passenger P/N is 6002TZ0304.

The PC Board I got was used but said it worked. I am only out $50 and I will see about getting my money back.

So now I have 2 options;
Options 1: Pay $200 for my deductible and have the headlight assy replaced by the dealer under my extend warranty.

Options 2: Get Demon Headlights from Oracle Lighting

Let me know what you all think.

View attachment 123666 View attachment 123667
What did you end up doing? I have the same problem on my 2019 Limited and curious on your fix.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What did you end up doing? I have the same problem on my 2019 Limited and curious on your fix.
Hi there,

We are sorry to see you are experiencing a concern with your Ram vehicle. Please send us a private message if you plan to work with a certified dealership and would like an extra layer of support.

Lex
Ram Cares

jeffrey williams

Reaction score
Hi,
We’re very sorry to hear that. Please know that our team would be more than happy to provide assistance. Follow up with us via PM to provide additional details regarding your concerns so we may determine how to best assist you.

Rob
Ram Cares
I have the same problem with my driver side DRL light not working, I would be happy with just turning the passenger side one off because the dealer wants 2100 to replace it. So in the settings under logging there is a section where you can disable the DRL lights, guess what that doesn’t work either. So I found a new light assembly on eBay that cost me 340.00 and I watched a video on you tube on how to change it out. I will be attempting to do this on the weekend.

55Trucker

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my driver side DRL light not working, I would be happy with just turning the passenger side one off because the dealer wants 2100 to replace it. So in the settings under logging there is a section where you can disable the DRL lights, guess what that doesn’t work either. So I found a new light assembly on eBay that cost me 340.00 and I watched a video on you tube on how to change it out. I will be attempting to do this on the weekend.
Same problem here. Driver side, bottom LED strip is out. My truck is a 2019 Limited, with 37K miles.

With so many people reporting this, you would think that FCA would admit that there was a manufacturing or design defect of some kind and stand by their product, instead of forcing us to go to a dealer and fork over nearly $2 grand. RAM cares? I don't think so. At least sell us a replacement headlight for FCA cost, which has to be far below $1200. I was briefly toying with the idea of buying the RAM Revolution when it comes out. I even left a deposit to be on their list. But if they can't get a ballast module on a headlight right, imagine what kind of problems await us with a vehicle even more electronically loaded than my Limited.

55Trucker

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread