5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Dice

Reaction score
I just ordered the 7883 with the adjustable links for $211 at AAFES. It's $350 most places. I was debating on getting it until I read this thread, and I had no idea AAFES had all the stuff it does. Probably could have saved some money on other stuff too.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered the 7883 with the adjustable links for $211 at AAFES. It's $350 most places. I was debating on getting it until I read this thread, and I had no idea AAFES had all the stuff it does. Probably could have saved some money on other stuff too.
Yup, great option. They just recently brought the site up to date, but still, not too much parts available. Nonetheless, awesome price for the sway bar, and seems always in stock!

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I just installed the adjustable version on my 19. The instructions show adjustable links mounting to the bar on the outside. My bar was too long to allow this and the links would only fit on the inside of the bar on both sides. Did hellwig change the bar at some point?
Maybe, but it wouldn't matter if they were mounted on the inside or outside of the bar, the physics are the same - a sway bar is just a lever. When one side of the truck goes up it pushes the other side down to keep the vehicle flatter in corners. The bigger (or stiffer) the sway bar, the more opposite force it can push to the other side of the vehicle. It's why you lose articulation in off-road scenarios with bigger sway bars, but it's awesome for the street and towing. My Lightning has BEEFY Hotchkis sway bars on front and rear and it handles better than a LOT of cars. And yes, the Hellwig sway bar was the first upgrade I did to my RAM. I have it on the firmest setting and love it. :)

Last edited:

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Maybe, but it wouldn't matter if they were mounted on the inside or outside of the bar, the physics are the same - a sway bar is just a lever. When one side of the truck goes up it pushes the other side down to keep the vehicle flatter in corners. The bigger (or stiffer) the sway bar, the more opposite force it can push to the other side of the vehicle. It's why you lose articulation in off-road scenarios with bigger sway bars, but it's awesome for the street and towing. My Lightning has BEEFY Hotchkis sway bars on front and rear and it handles better than a LOT of cars. And yes, the Hellwig sway bar was the first upgrade I did to my RAM. I have it on the firmest setting and love it. :)
Yea their tech support said the instructions are outdated and show some generic photos of the previous gen trucks.

bourgeois

Reaction score
Dice. I can not find the sway bar on AAFES. Would you have the link? thanks

Dice

Reaction score
Dice. I can not find the sway bar on AAFES. Would you have the link? thanks
Here is both. The kit, and just the bar. Looks like it went up a few bucks. Still $130 cheaper than anywhere else for the kit.
I put mine on last night. Definitely works.

Shine006

Reaction score
Just added the Hellwig 7883 for lifted trucks this weekend. Man I should have done this sooner. Ride is so much better, going around corners no longer scary lol. 7BE43D2E-DED8-426B-9A61-B993A79BBE11.jpeg 0C4E385A-5618-4686-BFA4-73AB07E4C523.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just added this to my otherwise stock Rebel. Great improvement especially offroad and low speeds. I'm sure it won't be good for flex, but I don't do anything crazy and have the locking diff.

bourgeois

Reaction score
Here is both. The kit, and just the bar. Looks like it went up a few bucks. Still $130 cheaper than anywhere else for the kit.
I put mine on last night. Definitely works.

thank you. having troubles checking out. It will not let me buy the product.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my bar from Summit Racing. Free shipping and they'll price match any online seller.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought my bar from Summit Racing. Free shipping and they'll price match any online seller.
Just bought a Hellwig from Summit for $326 plus tax. Are any online sellers any cheaper? Did a real quick search and didn’t find any. Always been real satisfied buying stuff from Summit.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
Just bought a Hellwig from Summit for $326 plus tax. Are any online sellers any cheaper? Did a real quick search and didn’t find any. Always been real satisfied buying stuff from Summit.
AAFES if you have access to it, but they seem to possibly be out of stock at the moment.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$311 was the cheapest I could find at O'Reilly's Auto. I was ordering axles from Summit anyway. I called, but not sure if you have to for price match.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I installed my Hellwig today.

F762B44C-41DE-496A-A538-AD080F87AA7B.jpeg
All I can say is……wow what an improvement.😲

Hard to believe a simple solid bar could make a truck corner so much better. Not sure if it’s the slightly higher ride height or what but my Back Country sure seemed to have a lot of body lean compared to my 4th Gen Laramie. Now it’s even better than that truck by a lot and I’m only on the middle hole of the Hellwig. Gonna try that for awhile and maybe even go to the last setting.

Best money I spent in awhile and only took 20 minutes to swap it out. That’s a wnner in my book.👍🏻

All trucks should come like this from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread