5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, yep, it's wrong. Although I can't imagine that it would actually matter.
Full drop of the rear end, or a lifted truck, might allow the bar to hit the differential cover

Scottygolf

Reaction score
Mine set up this way yours did and read all of everyone's view point that it was upside down. So like a fool, crawled under and flipped it, guess what, it looks the same and points upward after turning it over. The one thing I did do when I flipped it, I went from the middle to front setting to stiffen it up and so glad I did. Much prefer the handling even more. Mine is not painted the fancy red or blue's that I have seen. They are sharp.

TSL

Reaction score
Just read through all 19 pages of this thread. Sure seems a compelling upgrade to do. I have noticed that most folks who've done it have Laramies, Limiteds or Big Horns. Has anyone added the Hellwig to a Rebel ? I know it has a somewhat different suspension system. I have a Rebel on the way, should have it in 2 or 3 weeks. It'll be my first truck ! I'm coming from a Subaru Outback so I know exactly what "planted" on the highway means. I can take any corner at +10mph over the posted advisory speed ( or a bit more if my wife isn't with me, grabbing for the "oh crap bar" as someone memorably put it a few posts earlier in this thread :) )
Anyway, I know truck isn't a Subaru and I can't expect to drive it the same way, much higher center of gravity, but still, I'm very tempted to do this upgrade, but just wondered does it give the same benefit on the Rebel as the other trims, and also, is it the same part number, given the Rebel has the factory lift already.

Clv22p

Reaction score
Just read through all 19 pages of this thread. Sure seems a compelling upgrade to do. I have noticed that most folks who've done it have Laramies, Limiteds or Big Horns. Has anyone added the Hellwig to a Rebel ? I know it has a somewhat different suspension system. I have a Rebel on the way, should have it in 2 or 3 weeks. It'll be my first truck ! I'm coming from a Subaru Outback so I know exactly what "planted" on the highway means. I can take any corner at +10mph over the posted advisory speed ( or a bit more if my wife isn't with me, grabbing for the "oh crap bar" as someone memorably put it a few posts earlier in this thread :) )
Anyway, I know truck isn't a Subaru and I can't expect to drive it the same way, much higher center of gravity, but still, I'm very tempted to do this upgrade, but just wondered does it give the same benefit on the Rebel as the other trims, and also, is it the same part number, given the Rebel has the factory lift already.
It will reduce some flex off-road.

It is the same part number (7709) as it reuses the end links.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I had a 2016 Subaru Outback for about 2 months this spring and I didn't think it cornered much better than my Laramie. It was the first time I've driven a Subaru and I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with the handling at all. My Laramie doesn't have a Hellwig sway bar, but it's leveled with 33's, so it's close to a Rebel. I think you might be surprised by your new truck.

TSL

Reaction score
I had a 2016 Subaru Outback for about 2 months this spring and I didn't think it cornered much better than my Laramie. It was the first time I've driven a Subaru and I have to say, I wasn't very impressed with the handling at all. My Laramie doesn't have a Hellwig sway bar, but it's leveled with 33's, so it's close to a Rebel. I think you might be surprised by your new truck.
Mine's an '07 Outback XT. It has the same motor has the WRX. I've replaced sway bar bushings and end links but other than that it still has the original everything on the suspension. I think the Outback changed a lot over the years. A tech in a dealership actually said to me a few years ago "it's a soccer mom car now" !
Anyway, yeah, looking forward to the truck and will certainly get used to it before diving into modifications !

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Mine's an '07 Outback XT. It has the same motor has the WRX. I've replaced sway bar bushings and end links but other than that it still has the original everything on the suspension. I think the Outback changed a lot over the years. A tech in a dealership actually said to me a few years ago "it's a soccer mom car now" !
Anyway, yeah, looking forward to the truck and will certainly get used to it before diving into modifications !
Yes, the late model Outback is very much a soccer mom mobile. My other car is a 2020 Porsche Macan and I still don't think my Ram is horrible in the corners.

Booch

Reaction score
I have it on my 2021 Rebel, with a 2" front, 1" rear lift. I haven't really tested it off road yet, (nor did I before) so I can't comment on that, but it is much better on road with it. I described it, for me, as making the truck much more accurate. Mine's on the loosest setting. Might be a hair choppier, but it's worth the trade off.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
I just installed the adjustable version on my 19. The instructions show adjustable links mounting to the bar on the outside. My bar was too long to allow this and the links would only fit on the inside of the bar on both sides. Did hellwig change the bar at some point?

GWHunter

Reaction score
If you plan on only lifting the rear less than 2" would you get the stock height bar or the 2-4" lift bar?

JVS0302

Reaction score
Any of you guys have tips for removing the stock end links from the stock sway bar? I sprayed them with PB Blaster but still cant get the nut to release.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys have tips for removing the stock end links from the stock sway bar? I sprayed them with PB Blaster but still cant get the nut to release.
Helps to have a pass through socket wrench so you can hold the end of the end link while turning the nut. Then a hammer to tap then out

Users who are viewing this thread