5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Booch

Reaction score
I really don't notice anything with wind. But I have always driven a truck, is it worse than the wife's sedan? Yeah maybe, but again....?

Same here, this is my 6th Ram (1500s and 2500s). All but one lifted/leveled. Never noticed the wind push in the others like I do this one. But in some ways, wind push is similar to sway, which is why I asked the question.

Booch

Reaction score
Answered my own question after I bought one. YES, it does help with the wind push. I still feel it, but it's much easier to manage as you don't have to correct anything. The truck is so much more accurate now, and I'm only on the outer hole.

The adjustable links though, they aren't great. Mainly the bushings and bushing sleeves. I'm on my second set from Hellwig (they said they had a 'better' one that fits the top stock bolt better), but it still crushes the bushing out unevenly. Gonna try a different set of washers that fit the bolt better, but it just seems like the bushings are too long, or the sleeves are too short. We'll see what they come up with.

Reactions: c3k

Gitchapull

Reaction score
Answered my own question after I bought one. YES, it does help with the wind push. I still feel it, but it's much easier to manage as you don't have to correct anything. The truck is so much more accurate now, and I'm only on the outer hole.

The adjustable links though, they aren't great. Mainly the bushings and bushing sleeves. I'm on my second set from Hellwig (they said they had a 'better' one that fits the top stock bolt better), but it still crushes the bushing out unevenly. Gonna try a different set of washers that fit the bolt better, but it just seems like the bushings are too long, or the sleeves are too short. We'll see what they come up with.

get the core4x4 links

Kamper

Reaction score
hmm - it uses the factory end links... fail right there

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang that is expensive. I got the rear sway bar from the military exchange website for $180. I'll keep an eye out for the front sway bar.
I looked on the AAFES marketplace site. Nothing for the front…yet. 🙏

Booch

Reaction score
get the core4x4 links
If Hellwig's fail and they refund me, I will! Those Core's are beefy, they look like the Thuren's I had on my 2500s. But, so far after about 1500 miles everything is still in place so we'll see what happens.

Regarding the front sway bar, I thought someone (maybe in this thread) posted that Hellwig thought Ram's front sway bar was plenty sufficient. But I can definitely tell the rear is tighter than the front now, even on the lightest setting.

Goldsy

Reaction score
Just ordered the hellwig sway bar for my 21 Limited. Quick question for those that live in the rust belt. I'm on the east coast of Canada where we see a ton of road salt. Are these sway bars known to rust? Should I paint it? Have it powercoated? Or just give it a good blast of undercoating? Thoughts?

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered the hellwig sway bar for my 21 Limited. Quick question for those that live in the rust belt. I'm on the east coast of Canada where we see a ton of road salt. Are these sway bars known to rust? Should I paint it? Have it powercoated? Or just give it a good blast of undercoating? Thoughts?
Not in the rust belt but I am in the salty and humid florida environment and I gave it a few coats of paint and clear coat 20,000 miles ago and its holding up great!

Goldsy

Reaction score
I am in RI, we salt the $h!t out of everything, 18 months after installing the Hellwig, it looks brand new
That’s what I like to hear. No paint or undercoating added to yours?

Rmazzei

Reaction score
I painted mine with Rustoleum.

Attachments

• Hellwig swaybar R.jpg
    Hellwig swaybar R.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 65

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how do i know which side goes up or down lmao i think my sway bar upside down

Users who are viewing this thread