5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hellwig? Hell, yeah!

Orion10182011

Reaction score
Just put it on the stiffest setting. I pushed my truck the other day to where the tires started protesting. Handling was very neutral. If it traction had broke it would have probably been the back end. Which is preferred IMHO.

Scottygolf

Reaction score
I added the Hellwig (#7709) to my 2021 Limited. Took about an hour to install. Pissed I had to go buy an 18mm wrench as I assumed it would have not been metric. Over that now.

What a difference, I am extremely pleased and thanks for everyone else talking about this. The truck is fun to drive. Kind of shocked this is not a standard or option with Ram. For $300 ( ok I paid $282) well worth every penny. I think exhaust upgrade is next!

Oh, last comment, I called the dealer, they sent me to the accessories guy and he said $840 installed...I did not know to laugh or just wet myself on the spot. Gave me an idea on mark up.. just saying.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I added the Hellwig (#7709) to my 2021 Limited. Took about an hour to install. Pissed I had to go buy an 18mm wrench as I assumed it would have not been metric. Over that now.

What a difference, I am extremely pleased and thanks for everyone else talking about this. The truck is fun to drive. Kind of shocked this is not a standard or option with Ram. For $300 ( ok I paid $282) well worth every penny. I think exhaust upgrade is next!

Oh, last comment, I called the dealer, they sent me to the accessories guy and he said $840 installed...I did not know to laugh or just wet myself on the spot. Gave me an idea on mark up.. just saying.
Everything bolt/nut on every vehicle has been metric since 90's

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

They wanted $840 to install a sway bar? What a bunch of dickheads

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I started on the middle setting and felt like it was a bit too much. Went to the softest setting and it was really good, but now I've settled on the middle setting. That seems to be the sweet spot.

Rmazzei

Reaction score
Installed Hellwig 7709 today middle setting. Amazing upgrade. Feels much more solid around turns but perhaps a little harder over bumps but may be in my head.

Attachments

• Hellwig swaybar 1.jpg
    Hellwig swaybar 1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 271
  • Hellwig swaybar R.jpg
    Hellwig swaybar R.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 270
  • Hellwig swaybar L.jpg
    Hellwig swaybar L.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited:

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Installed Hellwig 7709 today middle setting. Amazing upgrade. Fells much more solid around turns but perhaps a little harder over bumps but may be in my head.

When installing this trac bar, would you upgrade the drop links or keep the standard mopar links?

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed Hellwig 7709 today middle setting. Amazing upgrade. Fells much more solid around turns but perhaps a little harder over bumps but may be in my head.
I thought about painting my red too but wasn't sure how it would look. I'll be removing it soon to do so haha. I just need to get my front hooks painted at the same time.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOL... I was thinking of painting mine red, but the whole motif of this truck is grey or matte (ish) black. (Yeah, gotta delete the chrome plastic and get new wheels.)

Good to see what the swaybar looks like painted!

dbark

Reaction score
Just ordered mine for $196 from AAFES, thanks to those that reminded me that they were on there, save a few bucks.

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread